Steak That Melts In Your Mouth...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Did you know that U.S. beef is fattened with GM-soy based feed? Did you know that studies suggests that GM-soy is extremely dangerous to health? Women who eat GM foods while pregnant risk endangering their unborn babies, startling new research suggests. Read all about it in the UK Independent Online...

GM: New study shows unborn babies could be harmed

-

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mirador said:
Did you know that U.S. beef is fattened with GM-soy based feed? Did you know that studies suggests that GM-soy is extremely dangerous to health? Women who eat GM foods while pregnant risk endangering their unborn babies, startling new research suggests.
Thus my contention, that DR beef is healthier.
Of course, this is a bit off topic from the OP's question, but, in the end, it does clarify a lot of things, and the bottom line is, that if you want a tender steak in the DR, you either have to have an exceptionally good supplier, or tenderize the heck out of it, or buy US beef.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
Bottom line and last comment from me:

Haven't we heard this before? Another person who does not understand the simple concept of differences and wants to put everything into the "US is better" category. And then perhaps there may be some others out there that of course are worse. Nobody is arguing with you! Everyone is trying to tell you what the differences are.

One more time for clarity - Dominican Beef Cattle are raised differently that US Beef Cattle. There are very few 'force-fed', 'don't move', 'marble up and get fat' type feedlots here. The beef here has a better flavor than the type I've just described. The beef here is tougher than what I've just described. If you cook it right, Dominican Beef is tender and tasty with little fat.

Sometimes the 'be kind to newbies' rule is hard to follow.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Lovein Connecticut said:
You have managed to completely turn the original purpose of this thread to an attack on anyone who disagrees that Dominican beef is not the "Best" Maybe you should first read then post??

I have carefully read what you and others have written and the consensus amongst Dominicans and people living in the DR is: Grass fed Dominican Cattle produce better tasting and much more tender beef than the hormone laden, hay and grain fed USDA Prime. Post the same question on Omahasteaks.com

I think it is time to let you argue with yourself or have one of your on line friends state "Rocky is correct" thus making it so, I'm headed to Salvatore's for a lousy USDA Prime Rib Eye, I'm sure you have a comparable restaurant in Sosua :surprised

Twist it all you like, that is all I have ever said. I have joked about "why" people don't order Dominican Beef if it is so much better, but you must be lacking in humor

I much prefer USDA Prime or Choice to leather like beef never treated for parasites etc

I'll eat my beef, you eat yours

OK-if the Dominican beef and the kimchee from the Crushes thread don't suit you, how about some Humble Pie????

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Listen... hand&hand go together.. no fat no flavor

Lovein Connecticut said:
You have managed to completely turn the original purpose of this thread to an attack on anyone who disagrees that Dominican beef is not the "Best" Maybe you should first read then post??

I have carefully read what you and others have written and the consensus amongst Dominicans and people living in the DR is: Grass fed Dominican Cattle produce better tasting and much more tender beef than the hormone laden, hay and grain fed USDA Prime. Post the same question on Omahasteaks.com

Rocky, I have read many of your other threads and they have the same old theme; DR and Canada are so much better than USA blah blah blah, it confuses your perspective on everything

If anyone were to ask you, the DR and Canada produce much better and safer Nuclear plants than the USA. I know you can't help it, I hope your vision clears so you might produce an argument that is not tainted by hate of the USA.

I think it is time to let you argue with yourself or have one of your on line friends state "Rocky is correct" thus making it so, I'm headed to Salvatore's for a lousy USDA Prime Rib Eye, I'm sure you have a comparable restaurant in Sosua :surprised

Twist it all you like, that is all I have ever said. I have joked about "why" people don't order Dominican Beef if it is so much better, but you must be lacking in humor

I much prefer USDA Prime or Choice to leather like beef never treated for parasites etc

I'll eat my beef, you eat yours

To the original poster: You should have absolutely no problem getting the best steaks outside of Argentina, just ask Rocky where in the DR to get them, apparently it is a secret

Bottom line and last comment from me:

People that never ate a quality steak only can judge from what they've had in the past,but it may not be their fault due to cost, location... and not their fault.

To me... even OMAHA STEAK'S are not very good. My father get's a box of them from our brother-in-law once a month.... and asked me to eat them.... they predominantly get fed to my dog. I will buy my own prime meat.;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
Rocky, I have read many of your other threads and they have the same old theme; DR and Canada are so much better than USA blah blah blah, it confuses your perspective on everything
I defy you to find one single post of mine, where I say or even insinuate that Canada is better than the US.
When you are unable to, then the rest of the world will also know what verbal sputum is coming from your mouth.
Start searching. You ain't gonna find it.
It's just you in dire need of medication, to control the hallucinations.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
My uncle was a beef farmer in the State of New York...

Lovein Connecticut said:
Too late

As to Mom C saying the "leaner" steak may be more healthy, I assume she is referring to the fat content, the very thing that makes beef tender and tasty. the marbling is very important to good beef, and if the "lean" Dominican beef lacks sufficient fat content, it will be tough and tasteless, what seems to be the very thing most people say about Dominican beef

Ever notice the "leanest" hamburger has the least taste?

Whew, didn't wish to get into this and sorry I seem confrontational, but the ideal "Beef cow" is grain and hay fed with much marbling to provide taste and tender meat

I believe the original poster's lament was lack of good beef in the Republic, now everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying Dominican Beef is the best It's wonderful to support your country and promote home grown products, but try and be realisitic in your anecdotes.

The best meat for human consoumption is wild moose or rabbit which has almost NO fat! Fat content has nothing to do with flavour unless of course you like the taste of fat (I don't).

Cows are genetically predisposed to graze on grass - not meat by-products, or molasses, or corn altho' in their naturally WILD habitat (before being domesticated) they may have consumed SOME grains from mature rye grass etc.

So if you are talking taste and "healthy" then give me grass fed (grazing) meat anytime.

As far as being tender......if you know how to prepare and cook it properly (I do) you'll always have tender meat even from the toughest cuts!!

As for 'parasites'......if you know how to handle and prepare (cook) the meat properly (I do) you won't have to worry about parasites.

The nation where you are most likely to run into problems with contamination from 'tainted' meat (beef,pork and chicken) just happens to be the US of A.....Why???? because most of the people who are born and raised in the US of A DON"T know how to handle and prepare it. They too have been grain fed and coddled all their lives......(BTW---Canada runs a close second...VERY close second!)

I have been fortunate enough to be old enough to have had to deal with
home butchered, live animals and have travelled enough to learn how meat is handled in more primitive cultures to prevent disease and illness from improperly handled and prepared meat.

Give me meat on the hoof that has been raised as nature intended any day!!!

A

apostropheman

alli know is the steaks i've had at Rocky's were excellent and reasonably priced...and that if i want to play twister i'll be callin' Lovein Connecticut :)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Flamers and sock puppets...

Lovein Connecticut said:
Rocky
If it smells like crap, sounds like crap and looks like crap, I really don't need to search through your 4-5000 posts to know what your opinion is on almost any subject.
So you've been called out, and now you've been found out.
You are just a lonely mentally deranged flamer who does not have a clue about anything.
You would have done better to just not respond, then hope to leave doubt in some people's minds.
Now that you've been challenged to back up your ridiculous statements, you cower like the sick yellow slug that you truly are.
Rock on.
We've been missing the likes of you.
Wasn't there a thread about us missing flamers, sock puppets and just general shyte disturbers?
Well, THEY'RE BACK.....

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
And

Lovein Connecticut said:
Fat has nothing to do with taste? Fat IS the taste on most meat. ever had over cooked bacon, boiled meat, burned steak where ALL fat is cooked out? You may not want to believe that fat gives meat its taste, but the real world goes on

Where do you think the taste in French Fries comes from? The fat it is cooked in. Like it or not, FAT is a big part of taste in our food

You really think the USA has the most diseased meat? I guess I need to not further answer anything you have to say, it is irrational to say the least.

Wonder why they keep banning Canadian Cattle from US????Hmm, not dirty enough maybe

Now I'm starting to sound like the way overboard nationalists here

It is so wonderful to raise those "natural" cattle, no Anthrax, no intestinal parasites, no H&M disease, no nothing is what you get

Do some of you really live in a world where you think the food you eat is "natural"

Trying to provide a balanced view, and this is not US steak or anyway derived from US stock

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,877715,00.html

Everyone calm down, have some Russian Caviar, Vodka from Finland and cheese from France..all with a myriad of additives :classic:

I had posted 3 whole times prior to my "crossing" Rocky, time to go back in my ice cave and take out the walrus I harpooned last year and chew the blubber

It's funny that people that want a ground sirloin burger have no clue that it has no flavor due to no fat content.... but yet they'll say how great it was, ground chuck makes the best due to flavor from fat content.

Kind of like people that eat veal, I wonder why there are so many sauces to go with it... no flavor, but yet they'll pay big money for it... they don't have a clue on food.

A good steak is when you put it on the grill and flip it one time and enjoy quality with nothing added.;) ;) ;)

A

apostropheman

Lovein Connecticut said:
Poor guy never got to have a real tasty steak though, all that hormone filled, corn fed Angus, Kobe beef was just too fat for taste :classic:
putz:surprised ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
Rocky

What is it you feel I have not "backed up?' The fact that you appear to rant and rave and profess to be the final authority on everything? I can't back that up as I don't believe it.

The US/Canadian/Dominican Stuff that you'be been umh, slinging. You've not backed that up. Why do I get the feeling we're dealing with someone that we've dealt with before?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
..... all that hormone filled, corn fed Angus, Kobe beef was just too fat for taste :classic:

Terrible, posting twice in a row... and from an old timer as well..

Anyway, to put Angus, Kobe beef in one sentence says it all... sock-puppet! sock-puppet!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
MommC your quote "As for 'parasites'......if you know how to handle and prepare (cook) the meat properly (I do) you won't have to worry about parasites." , is all well and good if people know like you do but the problem arises that so many people don't know. As Rocky stated earlier about the slaughter houses not knowing how to cure the meat they butcher what gives anyone the idea that the ranchers know how to properly raise cattle?

As you brought up the subject of "zoonoses" I thought I would once again give the readers some reading pleasure in the below listed links. A chance to learn a few things about zoonoses.

http://www.diseasesfromanimals.org/fromfarm.php
http://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/animals/farm_animals.htm
http://lapublichealth.org/vet/guides/vetzooman.htm#Zoonoses
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/diseases/zoonoses/
http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/pubs/Beef/health.htm
http://lifesavescience.org/Zoonoses/FootAndMouth.htm
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/180402.htm

Rick

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
What is it you feel I have not "backed up?' The fact that you appear to rant and rave and profess to be the final authority on everything? I can't back that up as I don't believe it.
Let me assist your failing memory...
Lovein Connecticut said:
When you make erroneous statements that cannot be supported, then you lose credibility on all other issues.
Of course, as your insanity shines through, you betray your identity.
Surely you don't expect to last long, do you?
Did you miss us so much, that you couldn't live without us?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
Rocky, show me a statement made by me that is in error (Not in your opinion, but a FACTUAL error) and I will either back it up or shut up, you willing to do the same?
Man... You didn't have to hang yourself. I would have done it for you.
Here's your statement made by you that was in error.
Lovein Connecticut said:
Of course, this is the second time I pointed it out to you, and Chris did so once, as well.
Nevertheless, I am confident that the message has got through to you. Now, you can go ahead and shut up, as you so kindly offered.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Lovein Connecticut said:
Chris

When you say posting twice in a row; is that like what you just did?

And putting Japanese and Scottish beef in one sentence means???

Maybe you could clarify these remarks to an "old timer" (I'm likely younger than you, though I doubt that is an exclusive club)

Sockpuppet sockpuppet....

Yes, I posted twice in a row.

Japanese and 'Scottish' Beef, in one sentence. Angus is a brand... Kobi is a breed.

Old timer in DR1 terms

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Rick Snyder said:

Excellent Rick.........you've just performed an great public service (I have company so didn't have time to look the info up).

I was thinking more in terms of salmonella, brucellosis (sp?) ,botulism, trichinosis (sp?) but the info you've posted links to goes much deeper.
I did say it was because in general people are ignorant of food handling techniques and proper preparation.
Now....where LC gets the idea that meat has to be fat to have flavour is anybody's guess however some of the tastiest food I've had had NO fat whatsoever in it - naturally occuring or added). Having just spent almost three years on a very restrictive Vegan diet that only allows 10 grams of fat daily (3 of which by necessity for good health is comprised of omega 3 & 6's) I can tell you meals without meat, oil, olives, avocados, nuts and seeds can be a challenge but are definitely NOT flavourless.

Buon Provecho!!