Stroke at Very Young Age

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Had 1 MRI and 6 CTScans. They waited to see if needed part of the skull removed to allow space where brain can expand and then put back together when brain get to right size, but no surgery was needed.

Mostly sedentary lifestyle and now have to take blood pressure pills 3 times a day and aspirin 1 time a day. It was a blokage that went from chest area to the brain, and there got stuck and gave me the stroke. I can also not hear from right side ear. Some doctors say its permanent and other doctors that it will come back in next few month, we wait and see.
Praying for a full or 90%+ recovery. Did you take aspirin before stroke?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Mods on DR1 not having the best luck lately.
I hope ya doing better soon.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Glad you are doing better and hoping you recover soon.

I've noticed your speech/write up manners have changed, perhaps a product of the stroke too?

Aspirins do not help as we have been told in the past as per new studies, in fact, aspirins are not recommended to be taken daily as suggested in early days.

For NAL's and due to the stroke, he might be on them but for prevention purposes, they aren't recommended any longer as their effect is questionable.

What time what's your stroke?

Usually it happens prior to mid day.

Do you exercise?

How was you eating habits?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hope you recover well soon NALS. The brain is a funny old thing and it may take some time, but little by little it recovers so the experts tell me.

Matilda

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Had 1 MRI and 6 CTScans. They waited to see if needed part of the skull removed to allow space where brain can expand and then put back together when brain get to right size, but no surgery was needed.

Mostly sedentary lifestyle and now have to take blood pressure pills 3 times a day and aspirin 1 time a day. It was a blokage that went from chest area to the brain, and there got stuck and gave me the stroke. I can also not hear from right side ear. Some doctors say its permanent and other doctors that it will come back in next few month, we wait and see.

I have a good friend that had a stroke caused by plaque after an angigram procedure. Fortunately he was close to hospital and his wife has medical training. He has made super progress and spent two weeks in extensive therapy at a stroke recovery clinic. He was very active, walking, hiking and bike riding so being fir helps but doesn't mean it cant happen.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope you recover soon, man. next time call someone to accompany you to the hospital. less chances of having your stuff stolen and a good support in case things go wrong.
when you can - and when the doctors ok this - get up off your booty and so some mild exercise. whatever rocks your boat, really: swim, walk, ride a bike. give 30 minutes of your day to your body. physical rehabilitation will help you recover faster and will keep your cardiovascular system going strong.
best of luck.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Had a player on our softball team died in his sleep with a stroke caused by an aneurysm. He was 31.
Last year had friend who traveled to Australia and was jogging on the beach when his stroke took him. He was 45 but thin and a devote of exercise.

You never know - but at your age I suspect a full recovery will occur. It just might be slow.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Speedy recovery Nals!!!
My 1st father inlaw had one at the age of 47, he lost his speech and the use of most of the left side of his body. He never recovered and died young.
In 1999 in Panama on the Caribbean coast my friend's dad had just been released from the hospital after suffering a mild stroke.
I was standing next to him in the store when he was paying for his groceries and I noticed the slur in his speech and right away told him that, he shook his shoulders. Told his son to take his dad asap back to the hospital, it was Semana Santa and 2 days later he was dead.
Our neighbor lady in the street where I grew up in Holland she must have had at least 8 strokes and she was still at the age of 90 travelling to see her son in Canada.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you for sharing your experience. Hopefully it could help somebody in the future.
I am sorry to hear of your ill health. Listen to your DR's and do as they say.
I wish you a speedy recovery with a healthy future.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Glad you are doing better and hoping you recover soon.

I've noticed your speech/write up manners have changed, perhaps a product of the stroke too?

Aspirins do not help as we have been told in the past as per new studies, in fact, aspirins are not recommended to be taken daily as suggested in early days.

For NAL's and due to the stroke, he might be on them but for prevention purposes, they aren't recommended any longer as their effect is questionable.

What time what's your stroke?

Usually it happens prior to mid day.

Do you exercise?

How was you eating habits?
It was after 2pm, I didn’t exercise as much, and eating habits were good.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Nals, your concern for others by starting this thread while you are faced with such a challenge is admirable.
I wish you great results from all your upcoming tests and treatments.

Cheers,
mob :classic:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i am so sorry to hear that. I hope you regain your strength soon.
I am so afraid of these sorts of events that I have cut all my sugars from the diet. I don't eat any sweets except fresh fruits. No chocolates, no juices no sweets, period. I am feeling good and feel more healthy. I was almost not drinking any water, just orange juice and other juices. i was eating chocolates like a kid. Just fell deep into bad habits. Now for about a month, I have been having zero sugars. I will keep it at that forever. Maybe I will have a coke or something on vacations.
AZB