Stroke at Very Young Age

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Nals, you are making it, keep at it!

Search online for Joe Dispenza in YouTube. He teaches how to heal with the mind from his own experience. Check out several of the videos online to follow him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MggxikOZN80

But there are many other videos where he speaks that help to understand how to connect with one's interior greater mind.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The good news is that I’m finally off the walker and using solely the cane. After all this time, it feels great to don’t have so much stuff while walking. I’m slower with the cane than the walker, but in the next few weeks I should speed up. The cane already feels like second nature. I also don’t lose my balance anymore, though like I said I’m slower with the cane.

I still use the sitting chair while taking a shower that includes my hair (a couple of times a week), so I still need help to put that thing in the shower and put it out again. I still need to work with staying standing and balanced while closing my eyes. Until then, I sit down to wash my hair and close my eyes. All other showers I do standing and with no help. I do go slower than I used to because I try to use the bad arm as much as possible, but that is obvious by this point.

Sep 22, 2009
The good news is that I’m finally off the walker and using solely the cane. After all this time, it feels great to don’t have so much stuff while walking. I’m slower with the cane than the walker, but in the next few weeks I should speed up. The cane already feels like second nature. I also don’t lose my balance anymore, though like I said I’m slower with the cane.

I still use the sitting chair while taking a shower that includes my hair (a couple of times a week), so I still need help to put that thing in the shower and put it out again. I still need to work with staying standing and balanced while closing my eyes. Until then, I sit down to wash my hair and close my eyes. All other showers I do standing and with no help. I do go slower than I used to because I try to use the bad arm as much as possible, but that is obvious by this point.

Just reading this, God's speed to recovery

Apr 7, 2014
I left Tennessee on Jan 5 at 192 lbs. According to my odometer on my threewheeled moto Jumbo is 2.1 kilometers there and back, so just a "chin" more than 1 kilometer each way. For the first while living here i walked there one way everyday and paid a taxi to return me home. I dropped to 174 lbs. in 6 weeks. Then I bought this little scooter and walk no more. Am back up to 185 lbs. Should do the walking thing again, but don't feel like paying the taxi to get home. Maybe find another route.
Derfish
Man, went to the dr for a follow up. Those 2 bp meds got me down to 14X/9X. So much lower but still not controllable so...another med added and a cholesterol drug too.

Thing is it must be working but it slowing me down. Im out here fiddling with my cars and the whole kneeling and standing is making me dizzy. I got the feeling this try will try to write me a prescription for a walker next. I cant have that. So Im gping to have to join a gym to multiply the intensity of my low impact exercise. The numbers on these 4 drugs now put me at like 13X/8X or 12X/9X. Still tweaking but I think the old school chlorthalidone will have to come out for a stronger dose of the vasodilator they got me on.

Sent from the Federation Intergalactic space vessel: DromOlax 3B55-90R

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This week I notice that my upper right lip is moving a little higher than before. I can finally see the bottom half of my right tooth in the right-front and a little part of the bottom part of the second tooth. I don’t know what is working yet. I have been doing the facial exercises for a few months. Other than some people telling me that my face looks better and more even now than a few months ago, until recently I didn’t notice much change on my upper right lip. I did add the suggestion offered by Dolores, but don’t know if that is what is working or the exercises or time or all three.

I still can’t close my right eye alone, but can close it together with the left. Underneath the right eye there is something that has moved closer to it. I noticed that underneath the left eye I don’t have it, but the lower eyelid muscle moves normally on that eye. I hope whatever it’s it moves to the lower eyelid on my right and make that muscle move. Time will tell.

My right eyebrow I can move a little more than before and on my right forehead I can make a couple of wrinkles, but not as many or as strong as on my left forehead.

The right hand only shakes sometimes and it’s easy to make it stop. It shakes more when I write, but I can write albeit the writing still looks legible but wobbly. I noticed that kids can write better than I can right now.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is my writing at the moment. Not as smooth as it used to be, but smoother than it was a few months ago. At first I couldn't write because the right hand shake too much. At times my hand still shakes and I guess everyone can see it, but now it doesn't lasts as long and it's easier to stop. It took me longer to write this, maybe 10 minutes. It used to be very smooth and fast.

I also write in cursive, but find it hard to stay in the line. The right side almost always ends higher than the word start. It is a cursive like a kids type. I'm not able to do my previous signature and who knows if I will be able to do that again.

8-FE92-B66-5-DB9-4198-AC62-DA6572-F600-AB.jpg

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Everything seems to be getting better, except the hearing on the right ear. I became used to hearing everything on my left ear.m, so I guess losing the right ear shouldn’t be much of a problem. I still need to get used to looking to my right and left all the time that I’m at a store or paying for something, that way I compensate for not hearing on the right side. A few people had to tap on my shoulder to move to the side when before I simply moved.

The thing under my right eye is moving into it and I can squint that eye. There are some thing with the right eye that I could still not do as I do with my left eye, but it seems it is getting better. I still have to use the fake tear drops on the right eye, but I also noticed that eye is producing more normal tears than it used to.

I notice that I feel a little dizzy when walking, which is different from the other dizziness. I think I got used to that, which is the reason I didn’t notice it before. I also still feel the pressure on the right side of the face, but its mostly limited in the central part. From time to time I feel a slight pain in the right-facial muscle. Since it goes away as fast as it arrives, I think that muscle is further waking up. I can move a little more the muscles on the right face.

For walking I’m also using the cane less and less. I still carry it around because sometimes I needed the extra support. This Sunday I had to cross a street and it was bent on the sides with a small mount making the middle. I noticed that I needed the cane especially going slightly down the street. My walking speed is still not what it used to be, but I think its getting there.

Mr writing I think looks the same. If it has an improvement it must be small.

Most things seem to improve, except the hearing on my right ear which hasn’t. I do hear something like an aluminium foil in the wind. I tune it out, but when I notice it is there. When I get excited or nervous, I notice I hear a loud buzzing sound on the right ear, but only very quickly. I used to think it was a bumble bee getting close to that ear, but I figure it out. I also used to get physically surprised whenever someone didn't knock before or I didn’t notice they were there until I saw them. It was mostly in the right side and I don’t get surprised as much anymore. I guess that’s a sign I got used to this.