Successfully quit smoking but smoked cigar?

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
After smoking for exactly 25 years straight. On 4/1/2011(my friend's birthday) I quit smoking for 5 months. I realize I had more to look forward to wife and newly born son, everybody's happy etc... As things got crazy and my son's Kawasaki ordeals and looking for a decent job or looking into buy/start store while everybody was closing down, my stupid brain acted up and assured 1 cigarettes will not kill me, so I did took a drag after fierce fight between my wife and stress of job/store searching that pays enough etc.., i just cave in and restarted to smoke on and off from that time. Right now I have tried once again and I have failed again. :(

The life of free zone isn't easy as I thought it would be. Especially with inapt workers that seems like to blame everything on everybody. Everything that happens here, even stuff that have told million times to do and just ignores and it's never their fault if the things are not done. I am sick of people's inability to follow my simple system, when I introduce a system they said "wow great! It's very easy!" then they go back to their stupid way of doing things in about one week and mess up my settings. Many times it would be better off, I do everything here and let everybody go. Yes I am that stressed out on these people that thinks company always have money and they are looking into be fired so they can sue or take home things because them taking or two people taking home things won't hurt the company. I just can't stand them all of sudden stops talks for 30 minutes for about absolutely nothing and they think they deserve to be paid more.

Why can't they listen. I just can't stand by next week, everything will be in a mess again. Day like this I say to myself why even try... Just do everything myself... Many times...

Tomorrow is another day... today una pequeno Marlboro Lights and no more... again...

My brain is telling me go ahead smoke one again. Let problem go away but in reality I know that smoking doesn't make it go away it just numbs my brain down a bit so I also becomes careless...

I can't tell you how many times I quit and started the same way. have faith, you can do it.. one day at a time..eat yourself sick that's ok, whatever to stay off. in my hay day I smoked 4 packs a day,, you will be one month before you know it.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
have faith, you can do it.. one day at a time..eat yourself sick that's ok, whatever to stay off. in my hay day I smoked 4 packs a day,, you will be one month before you know it.

OP:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZ2HcRl4wSk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>............................

Dec 26, 2011
I used to smoke cigarettes but gave them up about 10 years ago.
In the past 5 or 6 years I have begun to smoke GOOD cigars.
The VAST Majority of cigar smokers never inhale, I don't.
I really enjoy smoking cigars, especially as a social event.
Sitting quietly conversing with one or two good friend in a home, or cigar bar.
A great cup of "Olivo Family Blend" coffee, IF you can get some.
I have become a "Cigar Affictionado".
I have hundreds of cigars from all over the globe, many humidors, and all the "Cigar Toys".
Smoking, snuffing, chewing, pinching,tobacco is not good for you.
I'll take the small risk of smoking,but not inhaling cigars.
To me the "Up Side" vastly out weighs the "Down Side".
If you choose not to smoke cigars, I will happily accept all donations.
Koreano, I don't believe that smoking cigars is a "Pathway" to starting to smoke "Fags" again.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Right. Cigar smoke savored in the mouth and introduced into the sinuses a couple of times a week is vastly different than daily cigarette smoking. It's a great buzz, especially with a nice single malt or an aged rum.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
Tomorrow another battle begins I had just smoked last one.

Hopefully
one day at a time. I ate every kind of candy known,, but we have good dentists here... be strong. I do not know how many people told me how much they admired me for quitting. ones that I barely new also.. I am so glad I did it. thing of how much money you will save.. my wife did to and now we are rebuilding the entire casa ,,,I keep telling her I did not smoke that much!!!!!!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
try the patch. It worked for me. I used it for a week or two. Chew alot of gum. Drink alot of water. Nicotine is out of your system in three days.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
oh I forgot. I also used the nicoret lozenges,,, I ate like 60 a day but they worked and then I cut down on them..the gum is garbage but the lozenges work better. you will find what works for you.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Koreano good luck on stopping with smoking..

Give away your cigars to visitors if you feel that will help you with quitting...

Because I have never smoked cigarettes, but am an avid cigar smoker :) I know cigars can be smoked without smoking cigarettes...

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
Koreano good luck on stopping with smoking..

Give away your cigars to visitors if you feel that will help you with quitting...

Because I have never smoked cigarettes, but am an avid cigar smoker :) I know cigars can be smoked without smoking cigarettes...

I know many people who smoke cigars and did not do cigs. I knew one man growing up as a child he always had a cigar in his mouth and I was like 30 years old before I found out he never lit one up , he just chewed on them. Many people smoke pipes and never do cigs.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I know many people who smoke cigars and did not do cigs. I knew one man growing up as a child he always had a cigar in his mouth and I was like 30 years old before I found out he never lit one up , he just chewed on them. Many people smoke pipes and never do cigs.

Yes, but I also have an uncle who used to smoke pipes, then changed to cigs... he has quit about 15 years ago but instead started on the family habit of cigars, with a preference for those small ones that come with a mouth piece... we call them sissie cigars... anyways, he smokes them because he can inhale them - so net effect on his health of him 'stopping' smoking is zero..

Try inhaling a nice Nicaraguan, Dominican or Cuban...

Aug 6, 2006
About smoking

Yes, but I also have an uncle who used to smoke pipes, then changed to cigs... he has quit about 15 years ago but instead started on the family habit of cigars, with a preference for those small ones that come with a mouth piece... we call them sissie cigars... anyways, he smokes them because he can inhale them - so net effect on his health of him 'stopping' smoking is zero..

Try inhaling a nice Nicaraguan, Dominican or Cuban...

=============================================
Tobacco in any form: chewed, puffed, inhaled or snoosed, is detrimental to your health. Nicotine is not particularly good for you, either, but it is the tar and other stuff that is most harmful. Most of it is part of a way that tobacco plants have evolved to prevent them from being destroyed by insects, all long before there were any humans on this planet.

What are the joys of tobacco, really? After 20 years of smoking, all I could think of were these:
The first puff in the morning made, me slightly dizzy.
They made me cough.
They satisfied my desire to play with matches, lighters and fire in general in a socially acceptable way.
They seemed to encourage a case of annual bronchitis.
They made me feel like I was really, really cool. I longed for the day when I could get rid of a pursuer like Robert Mitchum did in "Thunder Road", by flipping a burning cigarette in his face. But I never got a chance. I suspect that this sequence was staged.
It looks really cool when you flip a lighted cigarette on the highway, all that trail of sparks in the rear-view mirror. Wow!

I can think of far more benefits from alcohol and at least one other herbal product, neither of which I have ever developed an addiction for.

I suspect that tobacco was not the major herb smoked in Indian peace pipes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Koreano, stop by my house here next time you are in SD!!!!!!!
I will introduce you to the many joy's of cigars.
I enjoy the peace, quiet, introspection, tastes, and enjoyment of a great cigar, without ever inhaling.
I smoked for 30 years, quit one day, never started again.
I was addicted to cigarettes.
I would smoke "BUTTS" from the ashtray, or go to "7/11" at 1 am to get a "pack"!(No Colmados In Boston!)
I find cigar smoking "Ritualistic", but not addictive.
I only smoke when I have the hour,or more, free time, peace and quiet, to smoke, and relax.
Not enjoying a good cigar will not make you live any longer, it will just SEEM Longer!
I want to live a long happy life.
Baring "LONG", I'll go with "HAPPY"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

If I go several days without smoking a cigar, I really don't "NEED" them.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
YOU CAN DO IT!! I quit 2 years ago April. Was a pack a day smoker for ummmm 35 years. I still crave a smoke now n then when I see people smoking!! Most of the time it smells nasty and THANK GOD I am no longer a SLAVE to the tobacco. :)