Talking coffee again

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"AE", "Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"!
I'll buy a can for you next time you came to "SD"!
And I do mean,"Expreso Roast".

Are you going to torture me that you have the Olivo coffee??? I'm so jealous. I want some [our kids would flip if they saw coffee with their name on it, Mr. AE is an Olivo too].

Seriously though, if you haven't tried Cafe Santo Domingo Espresso [the package is colored black if I remember correctly], try a pack, it's as good as Monte Alto, and cheaper.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have tried it, I Liked it!
My brother-in-law, and my sister-in-law are visiting his home in Spain this month.
He begged for two pounds of "Olivo" to take with him.
I reluctantly agreed!
I checked my "Stash", in a box beside my bed,this am.
Time to TRY and get my hands on a new shipment.
20 pounds this time!
Started with 5, went to 10, but it's NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
CCCCC, I'm LMAO at you hiding your stash of coffee near your bed!!!! I'd ask you to get me 10 pounds, and hold it until we get there in December, but I KNOW you'd drink it long before we arrive.

1044952_616897545001985_1415547853_n.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it will be gone because i am going to trade brugal for some of it! i shall join miesposo on one of his trips and take FULL ADVANTAGE of ccccccc. he'll be blinded by boobs and when i'm gone his stash will be nowhere to find either!

AE, if you decide to include NC in your itinerary then please come and visit us. i'll cook, miesposo will bake.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I can get Olivo Family coffee.

The current batch is almost gone. Harvesting will begin in December/January.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Better to "Score" when you are here!
Fresher IS Better!
"dv", I can't wait fore you to "Come"!!!!!!!!!
I'll cover myself with "Olivo' coffee, and you can,.......................................................????????????????????????/
Use your VIVID imagination!
I used to trade "Drugs" for sex when I lived on "Beacon Hill" in Boston, during the "Hippy Generation"!
Remember the "Bumper Sticker", "A$$,Grass, or Cash", Nobody rides for Free"!!!!!!!!!!!
Right next to, "If The Vans A Rock'n, Don't Come a Knock'n"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Understand that expresso is just highly roasted beans ground very fine.

Roasting changes the internay chemistry of coffee beans, like toasting barley/wheat/rice changes the chemistry and flavor of beer.

The roasting increases caffeine...but at the expense of increased acidity and bitterness. Much of the fruity flavors of the coffee are lost, but some people like the changes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv", after reading "CB's" post about the soon to be unavailable, status of "Olivo Family" blend, I expect a LOT of "Brugal", AND, a long, slow, show, when you get here!
You should see what I have to do to get mine!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I can get Olivo Family coffee.

The current batch is almost gone. Harvesting will begin in December/January.

I think between me, JD and CCCC we'll take a good chunk of that harvest. Any way I can order a bunch in roasted beans to take home, in addition to the 10-15 pounds I'll need just for DR??

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I think between me, JD and CCCC we'll take a good chunk of that harvest. Any way I can order a bunch in roasted beans to take home, in addition to the 10-15 pounds I'll need just for DR??
If I can get enough orders for beans at one time, maybe.

This is small batch roast. We do 100lbs. at a time with the best beans we have. The larger beans are late season beans.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If I can get enough orders for beans at one time, maybe.

This is small batch roast. We do 100lbs. at a time with the best beans we have. The larger beans are late season beans.

How many pounds would you need for just beans? Is 25 pounds enough?

Sam Wilson

Nov 3, 2012
www.samwilson.com
My problem with the machine I have is that the coffee is weak tasting here.. In the states w/Maxwell etc. I never had that problem.. But here the Santo Domingo, Pilar etc. all taste weak, so I am looking for a stronger coffee to grind... I thought the "expresso" would be stronger but I hear I am wrong.....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My problem with the machine I have is that the coffee is weak tasting here.. In the states w/Maxwell etc. I never had that problem.. But here the Santo Domingo, Pilar etc. all taste weak, so I am looking for a stronger coffee to grind... I thought the "expresso" would be stronger but I hear I am wrong.....

What kind of machine are you using? I've had decent espresso out of Mr. Coffee machines, maybe you need to put in more coffee??

Do yourself a favor, and buy a greca or a french press, will make the world of difference.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GCbx-SrbA3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CyIh00VonzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dec 26, 2011
Do yourself a favor, and buy a greca or a french press, will make the world of difference.

Assuming the grind is fine enough, a properly loaded greca makes perfect espresso every time.

Here's a tutorial from a cocky boricua. Ignore his plugging of Bustelo(any brand of finely ground dark roasted works).

[video=youtube;PGa0qoGial4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGa0qoGial4[/video]

Sam Wilson

Nov 3, 2012
www.samwilson.com
I have a Saeco Coffee Magic.... Spoiled as I just push a button and it brews a cup of coffee.... I also have a french press I used to use and still have it with me..... Thanks for the video's... My apt. came with a Greca....

Dec 26, 2011
I have a Saeco Coffee Magic.... Spoiled as I just push a button and it brews a cup of coffee.... I also have a french press I used to use and still have it with me..... Thanks for the video's... My apt. came with a Greca....

The greca's more than a device. It's a ritual. Try it. You'll like it.