the dominican irony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
F.A.,

It seems we are having a case of amnesia...read your first post again..Its funny you dominicans can give but can't receive...Just what I thought..

Nals,

You are a quite a character..amazing..

BTW, that friend thing duh, I was being sarcastic..funny in several post you tried to put me as some friend of yours... Sorry, I had to call you out on that...

Again we aren't getting anywhere so lets end this...please...

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Quote by Quisqueya;
"what about talking like a civilized person and bring some solutions to resolve the problem.."From post # 112

This quote from the first paragraph of your post # 112 has caused me to reply again to this thread.
"And one should have pride in their country but putting another country down isn't pride.."From your post #115

Your first post in this thread, # 16, was pretty good and contains suggestions but the other 13 posts that you submitted were completely usless and did nothing more then provoke other people. If that was your purpose then so be it but I don't think it's a good idea to degrade other people for that which you yourself exhibit.
And on your post #121 you said ("Again we aren't getting anywhere so lets end this...please...").

I think that if you were to contribute any useful information or ideas you would then begin to get somewhere, IMHO.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Nals,

You are a quite a character..amazing..

BTW, that friend thing duh, I was being sarcastic..funny in several post you tried to put me as some friend of yours... Sorry, I had to call you out on that...

Again we aren't getting anywhere so lets end this...please...
You are absolutely right, we are getting nowhere. I will end this, but prior to that, I just want to make everyone aware of the following:

When a person has nothing to hide, that person ANSWERS any question presented to him/her truthfully, diligently, and fully with not hesitation, avoidance, or qualms of any sort.

When I posted my very easy straight forward question, I was ready to receive one of two answers.

1. The Haitians would have said that its true, many Haitians have an anti-Dominican sentiment and that is clearly visible in their attacks against the DR compared to their lack of attacks to the rest of the Caribbean for the same offenses.

2. The Haitians here would have plain and simple answered my question with a simple "I don't know the answer to that question".

Neither of the two answers were presented, in fact, the Haitians here completely ignored my question up to this very moment.

This simply proves one thing, these Haitians may have an anti-Dominican complexity that may not be fully hate towards Dominicans, but its a complexity that gets broiled in nationalistic and patriotic feelings when the issue of the Haitian migration and their impact on the Dominican economy is being discussed.

OR

The Haitians here don't want to be painted in a negative tone and they avoid appearing as racist or anti-Dominican and that may be so. However, the fact that not one Haitian came forward cleanly and simply answered my question with a simple "I don't have the answer to that" says that they are hiding something.

What exactly are they holding back? We can only speculate of the multitude of possible desires they might have towards the Dominican Republic and the Dominican people and the future of this country.

As I have said, when a person has nothing to hide, that person answers questions diligently and fully with no hesitation and no avoidance.

If these Haitians truly haven nothing against Dominicans, then it would have been obvious that they would not have an answer to my question. However, when a person's heart and thoughts are clear and in the best interests of everyone, when a person knows they are doing NOTHING wrong, when a person has nothing to hide about a particular issue, that person ALWAYS answers truthfully.

The lack of answers to my questions by the Haitians here, in fact, their constant attempts to sidestep and ignore my question, inventing reasons why they will not address the question truthfully continues to bring doubts as to what are the deep rooted motives and desires these Haitians have for the Dominican Republic and its future.

I will give the Haitians here a fair chance to present themselves honorably, clean, and straight forward. These next questions I want to be answered.

To avoid these questions in any way is a mutual declaration by part of the Haitians that they have some anti-Dominican feelings of some sort.

1. Why are the Haitians here interested so much in the Dominican Republic?

2. Why is the general undertone behind most posts by Haitians here slanted on minimizing Dominican achievements and progress and engrandizing Haitian history and perceived greatness?

3. Why is the Dominican actions criticized so much by Haitian organizations, when similar actions are done in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, French West Indies, Jamaica, and elsewhere and they don't get much criticism, if any?

4. Why is the issue of unification always an undertoning element in many posts by Haitians?

5. Can we all agree for once, that both countries will never unite, not because of any disagreements or dislike, but rather because these are two unique nations of the world and each must be preserved as unique cultures and lifestyles of a humanity that everyday is becoming more monotonous and homogenized in all aspects?

6. What plans do the Haitians here (DR1 members) have that you think will help HAITI get out of its whole and begin to finally trail along the road to economic recovery, growth, and eventual prosperity?

7. Are you guys willing to forget the past, forget what happened during Trujillo, forget what happened on February 27th, 1844 and forget every ugly episode that has marked Dominican and Haitian relations and start fresh, hand in hand, in harmony towards each country while preserving each country's uniqueness for future generations. Are you guys willing to do that for the sake of future generations and a progressive future?

8. In all honesty answer this question (PM me if any of you want), do any of you have some antagonistic feelings (regardless how mild or strong they may be) towards Dominicans in general? Do most Haitians share these antagonistic feelings? If so, how can we both eliminate the antagonistic feelings and feel trustworthy of each other in order to improve the economic, political, and mutual agreements between the Republic of Haiti and the Dominican Republic?

Please, take your time to answer question 8, it's among the most important and I truly want the most honest answers.

Answer these questions directly, completely, and honestly.

An honorable person would do so, and I am expecting a respectful, civilized, and clear cut answers that would hopefully conclude this redundant thread and topic that keeps popping up once everywhile.

DO NOT AVOID THESE QUESTIONS IN ANY WAY OR FORM, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF DEEPLY ROOTED HAITIAN ANTAGONISM TOWARDS DOMINICANS

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Nals you are so hilarious...Anyway, l'll answer your questions so we can be clear and you won't have to assume that I or any other Haitians have any hatred towards the dominican people..

1. Why are the Haitians here interested so much in the Dominican Republic?

It would be absurd for both nations not know anything about each other respective country on the same island. Well, personally, I have family that lives there and who have businesses in the Dominican Republic...

2. Why is the general undertone behind most posts by Haitians here slanted on minimizing Dominican achievements and progress and engrandizing Haitian history and perceived greatness?

This is all in your head I never minimize any dominican achievements...To me the revolution was the cradle of liberation thru out Latin America. We've planted the seed for others (Bolívar) to take action and break away from european imperialism.. Haitians have contributed so much in this region and freed the blacks that were slaves on the other side of the island which is seldomly mentioned. During the era Napoleon was the Super Power equivalent to the USA and we defeated them..even though we were out numbered..They underestimated the will OF my people to be FREE.

3. Why is the Dominican actions criticized so much by Haitian organizations, when similar actions are done in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, French West Indies, Jamaica, and elsewhere and they don't get much criticism, if any?

HMMMM!!! I will get back to you on that..

4. Why is the issue of unification always an undertoning element in many posts by Haitians?

Again you're paranoid..I said this over and over it would be the worst thing that can ever happen...I dont know how many times I have to reiterate this to you...

5. Can we all agree for once, that both countries will never unite, not because of any disagreements or dislike, but rather because these are two unique nations of the world and each must be preserved as unique cultures and lifestyles of a humanity that everyday is becoming more monotonous and homogenized in all aspects?

I agree with you 150%....couldn't of said it better..

6. What plans do the Haitians here (DR1 members) have that you think will help HAITI get out of its whole and begin to finally trail along the road to economic recovery, growth, and eventual prosperity?

I have a long list..will post them soon...

7. Are you guys willing to forget the past, forget what happened during Trujillo, forget what happened on February 27th, 1844 and forget every ugly episode that has marked Dominican and Haitian relations and start fresh, hand in hand, in harmony towards each country while preserving each country's uniqueness for future generations. Are you guys willing to do that for the sake of future generations and a progressive future?

I think you need to ask yourself that question..it seems dominicans are the ones always bringing up the past...we are in 2005 I dont think any haitian thinks about taking over the eastern side..Obviously, you guys are the paranoid ones...talking about a silent invasion..xenophobia!!!!!!!!!!!

8. In all honesty answer this question (PM me if any of you want), do any of you have some antagonistic feelings (regardless how mild or strong they may be) towards Dominicans in general? Do most Haitians share these antagonistic feelings? If so, how can we both eliminate the antagonistic feelings and feel trustworthy of each other in order to improve the economic, political, and mutual agreements between the Republic of Haiti and the Dominican Republic?

No need to PM you I can answer your questions right here...dominicans are dominicans and Haitians are Haitians and will always be two different entities..Although we have to come together and resolve some of the issues that is deteriorating the WHOLE island..until we both admit that we are responsible and stop blaming one another..this will go on after you and I are six feet deep...

I will post some of my solutions tomorrow...and I will also have some questions I would like for you and company to answer clearly without holding anything...if you dont mind

Have a good evening..

Last edited:

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
My last word, I promise.

Quisqueya, and all others that not only disagree with my posts (and Nal0hs) but have been rabid about my opinions, I'm sorry to come across to you as a biggot, nazi or whatever you want to label it. I am just trying to stand up for my country and we have been recently more conditioned to 'the Haitian problem' due to xenophobic and abusive actions FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE. I personally believe that some of those that are trying to help Haitians in the Dominican Republic are in fact doing a bad service since their actions sometimes get a negative backlash from the general Dominican population.

We Dominicans have no right to be racist since we are a total mix and no one can say for sure what their heritage is. I don't really believe this is a race problem but it is a problem of cultural differences. Upper class Haitians are undistinguishable from upper class Dominicans but, the masses, mostly darker skinned and African-like people who do not speak the language, are ALL OVER THE PLACE and they stand out like a sore thumb. It's the same as an Asian or Latino would stand out in a Caucasian country. Dominican beggars are hard to find but most large cities are overrun with Haitian ladies carrying babies and with several adolescents dashing among the cars in traffic begging and harassing people to no end.

Our already underdeveloped institutions and services, mainly health and educational, which cannot even provide for tax-paying Dominicans, are being overwhelmed by the Haitian immigrants which, by Dominican law, must be taken care of. These services are not as readily available in Haiti, if at all, so it's understandable that everyone wants to come here. But we can only do so much.

Finally, believe me, I have always been a very liberal, left-leaning sort although I admit, that as I get older I become more conservative (this is a natural progression for the human being). I feel for all Haitians I see living a hard life here and struggling to survive and I do not participate in nor condone xenophobic or racial attitudes which become apparent sometimes in my fellow Dominicans. But, again, we can only help so much and cannot, under any stretch of the imagination, provide any solutions as, it is believed, the French and Canadian governments and perhaps even the US, would like us to do by absorbing these huge masses into our society.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I actually had the same question when I saw Nal's nonsensical post. I actually had to read it several times. From a quick look I thought he was trying to pull me into this stupid arse debate. :tired:

From previous posts Quisqueya has always referred to himself as a man (in terms of me and my esposa, or lady fling things, etc.).

Nals was just trying to be insulting, IMO. :tired: Just typical Nalsian behavior on this issue. Q just didn't fall into the trap.

D

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
deelt said:
I actually had the same question when I saw Nal's nonsensical post. I actually had to read it several times. From a quick look I thought he was trying to pull me into this stupid arse debate. :tired:

From previous posts Quisqueya has always referred to himself as a man (in terms of me and my esposa, or lady fling things, etc.).

Nals was just trying to be insulting, IMO. :tired: Just typical Nalsian behavior on this issue. Q just didn't fall into the trap.

D
No, to my understanding Quisqueya is female, if otherwise, I upmost apologize.

Given that no note was given to this issue by him/her (even I am not sure anymore), the assumption was valid. I have always treated that poster as female and that poster has never brought that to my attention either now or at any given time that I have known Quisqueya as a member of DR1. If it turns out to be male, I sincerely apologize.

I even remember Deelt and other posters telling me it was or is a female earlier this year. Perhaps I misinterpret it, but I'm pretty sure of it.

BTW, Deelt, when I want your input, I ask directly. You are free to post what you want, but please... a stupid debate is never visited by non-stupid people...

And I was serious about the question... why am I even bothering...

Some people are just... ah, no importa.... parece que no se puede ser muy sincero en estos forums sin que vengan los prejuicios... :ermm:

Sidenote: I remember a couple of times when Deelt told AZB:
Deelt said:
I have lived in DR. I also know my people.

and on another thread, Deelt responded to Suarezn:
Deelt said:
I am of Dominican-descent but of a different political persuasion

And then, on another thread when I started a post saying:
Deelt said:
Deelt, you and I, as Dominicans....

How did Deelt responded to that post? :
Deelt said:
Nals, I am not a Dominican national....

Given those realities, it's almost expected that of all the possible thoughts that could have appeared in Deelt's mind about any particular post I make, the thought will always be negative and perhaps, even in a discrediting rant. Afterall, why would a person respond with the intention of contradicting me, in this case, stating that I was attempting to insult Quisqueya, never that fact that I might have been incorrect.

When a Dominican as Deelt herself have alluded multiple time, attempts to deny in a particular post her connection to the DR all for the sake of attempting to discredit me on a post that there was nothing to discredit, says alot about the prejudice and validity of such person's posts, particularly pertaining to me.

Next time Deelt, if you suspect something, simply ask and stop speculating. Asking me a simple question pertaining to the issue of Quisqueya, his/her gender and the way I addressed would have been responsible, sensible, and highly indicative of a person's assessment of another, particularly when that person alludes to being of the Ivy league type of material.

BTW, now I am trying to pull you into this debate, but as you have noticed, you brought it upon yourself. It's up to you to respond or not, either way what's done is done.

Last edited:

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Quisqueya said:
Asopao,

And I guess USA and Puerto Rico can continue overcrowding dominicans.. You know some of you have some nerves..

It is utterly ridiculous comparing the island of Hispaniola, an island with two sovereign states with an island colony like Puerto Rico, or Martinique, Guadaloupe, Curazao, etc for that matter. Dominicans ( and haitians too, because there are illegal Haitians in PR too just in case you didn't know ;) see PR the same as Cubans see Florida. Dominicans, Haitians and anyother independent countries nationalities in the Western Hemisphere, and also the rest of the world know that PR is not " well off" because of the intellectual prowess of boricuas. Everybody knows boricuas are not "Anglosaxons, Germans, Scandinavians, Japanese, Koreans", hahaha.

Quisqueya said:
Asopao you should be ashamed of yourself. Oh, and explain to me how haitians have more in common with people from the Ivory Coast than DR...I really would like to know...

what's so hard to understand about that? Cote D'Ivoire is Francophonic ( although they do have their Native African languages) like Haiti while DR isn't. Isn't that something more in common? you place an average Cibaeño together with an average Haitian and and average Ivory Coastan, which two will look more alike?

Quisqueya said:
And your theory about the Jus Sanguis or whatever you seem to bring up everytime does not exist..IN fact, there is a Haitian born canditate that will be barred from running because he is a naturalized citizen..thus, forfeiting his haitian nationality...There isn't no such thing as dual citizenship in haiti...once you give it up then U give up ur haitian nationality...

I've never mention anything about double citizenship. So what? Sweden does the same too. That has nothing to do with what I was saying.

I was talking about the double standard that Haiti has with its citizenship laws vis a vis with DR. Haiti doesn't have Jus soli if you're not ethnic Haitian, that's a fact , while DR does. Go call your nearest Haitian consulate in the U.S and ask them. Also ask them why is that.

Quisqueya said:
Personally, I think the system is flawed big time..and we (haitians) should push for dual citizenship...and also the Haiti & DR should have a program to allow its citizens respectively to at least have a Birth Certificate...

I totally agree with that. DR can assist with that, but more than that would be too much. I believe that:

1) All Haitian nationals should have a birth certificate stating their Haitian citizenship ( by Haitian jus sanguinis).

2) Haitians getting deported should be done with due process, without any abuses, let them get their belongings, papers, etc. ( but we all know DR is still a lawless country in some sense, what can you expect from a third world country? :cry: Remember , immigration authorities in PR are U.S immigration standards, not " native boricua " standards. But again, if PR wasn't a colonia mantenida, Hispaniola islanders wouldn't even go there.
Because boricuas are not Alba Edisons, Henry Fords, Bill Gates. Boricuas are just like us dominicanos and haitianos ;)

Now that you bring that double citizenship denying of Haiti. The Haitian government wants DR to give it to ethnic Haitians, so they " can't have Haitian citizenship because they suppose to have Dominican citizenship,and Haiti won't allow to dual-citizenship". This is BS and you know it !!

Tell me sincerly, what is the agenda of the Haitian government then? You think the " haitianization of DR " is an overstatement ? Nobody is saying anything about " political unification". But truthfully, like I asked this charater Keen O. ( I still haven't gotten any answer from him). Would you like Haiti get flooded with 3 million Dominicans and then those Dominicans to reproduce to be the same number as Haitians while the other side there aren't that many Haitians? You want the ethnic balance of Hispaniola to be overwhelmingly inbalanced like that at the expense of one side?

Quisqueya said:
Again you have some nerves...Really sit back and take a look at urself in the mirror..the truth is staring u in ur face..

Maybe you misunderstood me when I said " these rats want to destroy DR". Did you think I meant Haitians? If that is the case, I didn't mean Haitians, I meant politicos like Hipolito Mejia.

Last edited:

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Nal0whs said:
Napoleon lost Haiti AFTER THE UNITED STATES GOT ITS INDEPENDENCE and the reason Napoleon sold the Louisiana Purchase region was because he bankrupted FRANCE BY BUILDING VERSAILLES AND HIS CONSTANT MILITARY INTRUSION INTO FOREIGN LANDS WHICH EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A SMALLER NUMBER OF ARMY MEN WHO WERE SENT TO ST. DOMINGUE TO CRUSH THE SLAVE REVOLT. That is why Haiti got independent, not all this HAITIAN ENGRANDISEMENT she often injects into well known historical facts.

Nals, sorry to chop your balls here, but Napoleon didn't build Versailles. That was Louis XIV(grandfather of the beheaded Louis XVI, I believe). But you're right about the reasons for Napoleon to sell Louisiana for 15 million dollars. It wasn't just to put down the revolution in " Haiti" , it was for him to finance his costly war in Europe too. It is just mind blowing that anyone believes that a sell of such vast land area it is just for " Haiti" !

When I was in high school, one history teacher told the class that Napoleon Bonaparte built the Eiffel Tower, haha. I had to tell him in private after class that the tower was built waaaaay later, until the 1870's. so as not to embarass him in front of the class. I don't know why people attribute all landmarks in France to Napoleon?

Last edited:

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I will pray for you Nals. I think you have much hate and ignorance in your heart. I really pity you because you reflect the worst in our people. And God know that I will have no part in that.

You don't need me to discredit you. You do that just fine just by yourself.
If you don't mind, please, keep my name out of this new argument because I don't want any part in it, I have real work to do. Thank you.

:tired: :disappoin
Deelt

Nal0whs said:
When a Dominican as Deelt herself have alluded multiple time, attempts to deny in a particular post her connection to the DR all for the sake of attempting to discredit me on a post that there was nothing to discredit, says alot about the prejudice and validity of such person's posts, particularly pertaining to me.
BTW, now I am trying to pull you into this debate, but as you have noticed, you brought it upon yourself. It's up to you to respond or not, either way what's done is done.
:disappoin

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Asopao,

Thank you for schooling Nals..he appears to know nothing about world history..his expertise is only in the Tainos on the dominican side of hispaniola and of course haitian secret invasion..

Now its time for me to school you.... Napoleon wanted to make his mark in the new world "Americas" like the Spaniards, and wanted to regain St. Domingue(Haiti) at any cost because of her strategic location.. Go take a look at a map and you'll see the location of La Espa?ola(specifically the haitian side).. Are you looking!!!! Now if the spaniards wanted to send goods to their N. American territory mostly likely the ships would pass in french territory(St. Domingue aka Haiti) and have to pay tariffs for passing thru their territory.

Most important haiti was the milk and bread of the french empire in the new world..worth more than the midwest(then called Louisiana Territory) thru the hard labor of slaves and mulattos loyalty to France..Napoleon was very very wealthy..Too bad his pride blinded him from seeing the bigger picture..But nooooo, Napoleon couldn't live with losing to a butch of black slaves and mulattos wanna be french aristrocats who were highly educated. Well, you know the end the story..

BTW, check this link out...Very interesting and touches on this topic..Look at that map..damn, only if Napoleon would've respected us as equals and let us(talking about Haitians) govern ourselves..Tell you the truth we haitians (mulattos) never wanted to break completely away from France...even til this day we have a connection with France..I guess its the neglected mentality..Like the prostitute that is loyal to her abusive pimp..regardless of many beatings she still think its done out of love...

Imagine if that was still french territory today...the midwest would be so so beautiful and have so much vibes..walking down the streets speaking french/creole..present day louisiana would've been Ile-de-France of the Americas..Ok, Im losing train of thought again..En tout cas..c'est dommage..Now where were we? Oh, ok...my point is USA of today 50 STATES would NOT exist...

I've spoken to many french intellectuals and they admit that Napoleon made a huge mistake..and some even admitted that some aristrocrats in France despise Haitians and blame us for losing such a strong hold in the Americas..

This also leads me to Spain jumping on the bandwagon of hispanics in the USA..using them as an avenue to infiltrate North America...for their own economic purposes..spanish latin america has been independent on paper for many many years but their mind or better yet their way of thinking is still submissive when it comes to their former pimp, Spain. Dominicans till this day consider Spain as 'La Madre Patria' only if you guys new how they treat dominicans over there.. Great writers from south america feel the need to live in Spain (Vargas Llosa & many others) or fellow the RAE in order to when the Premio Nobel..the need to be validated or have the stamp of approval..

Ok, I think I ranted long enough but think about...just stop and ask yourself 'Am I an indepedent thinker?'

Asopao, I would like to here your insights on this subjects unlike Nals, you dont have a personal vendetta against haitians and see history for what it is..I think, We can't change history but we can use it as a crutch and guide to lead us towards a better future where whites,blacks,ameridians etc etc can leave in harmony as brothers and sisters..'Six degrees of separation' And help people like Nals get over some deep imbedded issues..this guy even blame haitains for dominicans being disrespected in P.R....yeah I know haitians made dominicans leave to P.R. so they can make better wages..yadi yadi...

Oh, and Chiri and others I am indeed a male...I believe some posters called me a she to disrespect me and provoke me..

Oh the link is http://gatewayno.com/history/LaPurchase.html

Enjoy and have a great Friday everyone..

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Asopao,

Thank you for schooling Nals..he appears to know nothing about world history..his expertise is only in the Tainos on the dominican side of hispaniola and of course haitian secret invasion..

Now its time for me to school you.... Napoleon wanted to make his mark in the new world "Americas" like the Spaniards, and wanted to regain St. Domingue(Haiti) at any cost because of her strategic location.. Go take a look at a map and you'll see the location of La Española(specifically the haitian side).. Are you looking!!!! Now if the spaniards wanted to send goods to their N. American territory mostly likely the ships would pass in french territory(St. Domingue aka Haiti) and have to pay tariffs for passing thru their territory.

Most important haiti was the milk and bread of the french empire in the new world..worth more than the midwest(then called Louisiana Territory) thru the hard labor of slaves and mulattos loyalty to France..Napoleon was very very wealthy..Too bad his pride blinded him from seeing the bigger picture..But nooooo, Napoleon couldn't live with losing to a butch of black slaves and mulattos wanna be french aristrocats who were highly educated. Well, you know the end the story..

BTW, check this link out...Very interesting and touches on this topic..Look at that map..damn, only if Napoleon would've respected us as equals and let us(talking about Haitians) govern ourselves..Tell you the truth we haitians (mulattos) never wanted to break completely away from France...even til this day we have a connection with France..I guess its the neglected mentality..Like the prostitute that is loyal to her abusive pimp..regardless of many beatings she still think its done out of love...

Imagine if that was still french territory today...the midwest would be so so beautiful and have so much vibes..walking down the streets speaking french/creole..present day louisiana would've been Ile-de-France of the Americas..Ok, Im losing train of thought again..En tout cas..c'est dommage..Now where were we? Oh, ok...my point is USA of today 50 STATES would NOT exist...

I've spoken to many french intellectuals and they admit that Napoleon made a huge mistake..and some even admitted that some aristrocrats in France despise Haitians and blame us for losing such a strong hold in the Americas..

This also leads me to Spain jumping on the bandwagon of hispanics in the USA..using them as an avenue to infiltrate North America...for their own economic purposes..spanish latin america has been independent on paper for many many years but their mind or better yet their way of thinking is still submissive when it comes to their former pimp, Spain. Dominicans till this day consider Spain as 'La Madre Patria' only if you guys new how they treat dominicans over there.. Great writers from south america feel the need to live in Spain (Vargas Llosa & many others) or fellow the RAE in order to when the Premio Nobel..the need to be validated or have the stamp of approval..

Ok, I think I ranted long enough but think about...just stop and ask yourself 'Am I an indepedent thinker?'

Asopao, I would like to here your insights on this subjects unlike Nals, you dont have a personal vendetta against haitians and see history for what it is..I think, We can't change history but we can use it as a crutch and guide to lead us towards a better future where whites,blacks,ameridians etc etc can leave in harmony as brothers and sisters..'Six degrees of separation' And help people like Nals get over some deep imbedded issues..this guy even blame haitains for dominicans being disrespected in P.R....yeah I know haitians made dominicans leave to P.R. so they can make better wages..yadi yadi...

Oh, and Chiri and others I am indeed a male...I believe some posters called me a she to disrespect me and provoke me..

Oh the link is http://gatewayno.com/history/LaPurchase.html

Enjoy and have a great Friday everyone..
Quisqueya,

I'm waiting for your answer to a few questions you sidestepped in addition to the "questions" you wanted to ask me....

Dios mio, yo no sabia que recibir respuestas a preguntas simples era dificil de recibir. Esto es increible.

-On a more serious note-

BTW, I sincerely apologize for the assumption of you being female. If you see that I was incorrect about the way I addressed you, why did you not take your responsibility of letting me know this via PM as oppose to simply taking it in strides on a negative tone?

Or, were you using my incorrect assumption to your benefit? Since, such incorrect assumption of mine would have given you preference since I would appear as the "evil" one of the two, when in fact, I was simply misinterpreting information about you certain people had "shared" with me, in addition to your lack of attention towards this matter...

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
deelt said:
I will pray for you Nals. I think you have much hate and ignorance in your heart. I really pity you because you reflect the worst in our people. And God know that I will have no part in that.

You don't need me to discredit you. You do that just fine just by yourself.
If you don't mind, please, keep my name out of this new argument because I don't want any part in it, I have real work to do. Thank you.

:tired: :disappoin
Deelt

:disappoin
Well, each to their own.

I do have to say that since day 1, you have always had an anti-Nal slant going on. Why? Only God knows.

Speaking of God, you do know he "knows" of what you are not telling everyone as well...

And you do realize that your DR1 name did not came into my posts until YOU posted with my DR1 name in YOUR post.... What goes around, well you know the rest...

I also find it interesting that suddenly its "dissapointing" when I use posts you yourself made, contradicting posts all for the sake of attempting to discredit me in a particular time, which in my opinion, has been your style towards me since day 1, because from the first post I posted, you always assumes the negative.

Again, only God knows why....

BTW, you would be surprised to who you are addressing, I don't mean this in an arrogant way, but "the worst of our people would not devote capital, energy, time, or planning towards helping others who can't give back".

I don't have to post every "humanitarian" thing I do in order to prove myself to anyone....

Even your very own God has revealed through the Bible (and perhaps other religious books) that "people should pray in quiet, away from public display", the same I apply to every good deed one does.

One does not need to tell the world anything for approval, because like you said, God knows.

-NAL

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
asopao said:

Nals, sorry to chop your balls here, but Napoleon didn't build Versailles. That was Louis XIV(grandfather of the beheaded Louis XVI, I believe). But you're right about the reasons for Napoleon to sell Louisiana for 15 million dollars. It wasn't just to put down the revolution in " Haiti" , it was for him to finance his costly war in Europe too. It is just mind blowing that anyone believes that a sell of such vast land area it is just for " Haiti" !

When I was in high school, one history teacher told the class that Napoleon Bonaparte built the Eiffel Tower, haha. I had to tell him in private after class that the tower was built waaaaay later, until the 1870's. so as not to embarass him in front of the class. I don't know why people attribute all landmarks in France to Napoleon?
Thank you for the correction.

Funny how YOU cought that and not Quisqueya who is on a mission "to teach Dominicans the truth", the truth according to HIM.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Nals question #

Many Haitian Organizations criticise anyone that mistreats haitians. This is nothing personal against dominicans..Anyway, I am not the one you need to aske this question I dont belong to any organisation. But, I tell you this I am against any mistreatment of haitians in the diaspora and also haitians mistreating haitians as well..This have nothing to do with dominicans or something personal.

Now my questions to you Nals and other dominicans.

1. Why do you feel superior towards black haitians but intimidated by mulattos or white haitians?

2. When well the elite dominicans stop exploiting haitian braceros which are the ones that cause a wave of illegal haitians in your country?

3. When will the dominican government stop using haitian invasion as a scapegoat for their own personal interest?

4. Why do dominicans exaggerate when the Haitian government with the consent of dominican government took over the DR but turn around and glamourise the Spanish colonisers who exploited you for centuries?

5. Will there ever be peace between the two nations and build bridges to meet the standards of the global economy?

6. When will dominicans overcome the fear of haitians invading the DR even though haiti isn't an eminent threat?

7. When will the dominican government stop assisting rebels overthrow governments in haiti and take partial blame for the havoc in haiti?

8. How do you feel about the dominican diaspora? And their attitude of no longer listening to the small percentage of the elite white dominicans that control the country and want the tipical dominican to have better chance than they did?

I think that's enough...please answer these questions are it will mean you've confirmed that Nal's is a paranoid dominican.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Nals,

You've made so so many errors in history and present day events it would take too much energy to correct you everytime..Besides, you don't take advice from Haitians, remember..So my comments would fall on deaf ears..Since your own gente called you out on your errors its only right to blame me for not correcting you...

Again you are quite a character post by post your true colors are being unfolded...Whenver I corner you and put the spot light on you...it appears you always have an allaby(sp)...

again haitains can't teach dominicans anything..I guess my degree from Bateye University seems to be worthless.. what did they teach you at Salamanca University? LOL......

another thing, why are you qouting someones post from another thread or from an old post to prove your point....C'mon if this was a courtroom the judge would throw this case out the window...nothing but speculations...You sure you are not a lawyer?

Your own people are seeing thru you just like I did and many Xpats...its cold when you comfort blanket comes off...

Nal0whs said:
Thank you for the correction.

Funny how YOU cought that and not Quisqueya who is on a mission "to teach Dominicans the truth", the truth according to HIM.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Asopao,

Ok if we have more in common with people from Ivory Coast because we are francophones then you have more things in common with people from Equatorial Guinea which by the way speak spanish nicer than dominicans(the ones that speak spanish)..its closer to La Madre Patria..put a dominican from Villa Mella, San Cristóbal, SPM, La Romana..and a equatorial guinean I see no difference..except that they speak a nicer castellano...

And why do dominicans from el Cibao think they are so much better because most are lighter in hue..Do you here you guys speaking spanish? and most of the dominicans in the diaspora from the cibao region are from the campo and not Santiago like they always claim...hmmmm!!!! Boy, I am going to hear it...but c'mon people from the capitai and other regions are darker in hue but most speak well...Ah, latin america the lighter the skin higher the status...

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Nals question #

Many Haitian Organizations criticise anyone that mistreats haitians. This is nothing personal against dominicans..Anyway, I am not the one you need to aske this question I dont belong to any organisation. But, I tell you this I am against any mistreatment of haitians in the diaspora and also haitians mistreating haitians as well..This have nothing to do with dominicans or something personal.
Thank you very much for finally responding. I was expecting something longer, given that it took a full week to get that answer, but that will do just fine. Your answer "I am not the one you need to ask this question" is exactly what I was looking for, otherwise my doubts would have been proven.

It's good to know that my deep assumptions of you are turning out to be correct, but I was never too sure if they were because of the inconsistency in many of your posts.

Thank you.

Quisqueya said:
1. Why do you feel superior towards black haitians but intimidated by mulattos or white haitians?

Wow, do you really believe that?

Can I use the word PARANOID to answer that too?

In all sincerity, I don't feel superior or inferior to anyone of any skin color or any nationality. Every person in this world deserves the upmost respects, because afterall, everybody has or had a mother and no mother gives birth as if it was a peace of cake. Given that and the mystery that revolves around life and all living things, everyone deserves at the very least, the most basics of respects.

Having said that, it's hard to convey such thing when others already have preconceived notions of another person, prior to ever meeting that person or talking to that person one on one in a private session to further clarify any issue that was not made clear in public, such as assuming that race is always a central issue of something or that a person by default of his/her nationality will assume to be superior to those of another.

Quisqueya said:
2. When well the elite dominicans stop exploiting haitian braceros which are the ones that cause a wave of illegal haitians in your country?
Exploiting is an overstretch. The braceros can demand higher wages, go into strike among themselves, etc. They can do what they want, there is nothing within the legal framework that a Dominican (rich or not) can do to stop them from doing such thing.

Also, the Haitians continue to enter this country and accept the jobs being offered at the substandard wages. A Dominican will never work for such low wages and that is why certain sectors of the Dominican economy are almost completely Haitian, because they accept the low wages. Sure, if all the Haitians in this country would have demanded higher wages, quite many of them will be fired and much of the operations will be mechanized, but that is simply economics in action.

BTW, you won't have to worry too much about the braceros ordeal within the sugarcane fields. Corn syrup is coming starting in January 1st of next year and the sugar cane field owners are bracing for the worst. This is part of changing with the times.

Quisqueya said:
3. When will the dominican government stop using haitian invasion as a scapegoat for their own personal interest?
There is no denying that this is an invasion, because it is just how this is a continued blackening of the country.

But, the question should not be whether these actions are those things, but rather are these things good for the country?

Economically, depends. It's bad for poor Dominicans because wages will drop to levels below what they are willing to accept, it's good for Haitian migrants because they will earn more than they would have in Haiti, and it's good for business owners because they are able to maintain higher profits, won't have to invest in expensive machines that use expensive petroleum for their operations (ie. cutting sugar cane, etc).

However, the use of illegal migrants is illegal anyway anyone wants to cut it. In all of this, the losers are impoverished Dominicans who lose their jobs due to unsustainable lowering of wages.

In terms of skin color, it does not matter. If a person can do his/her job well, they can be red, yellow, blue, or orange, they will be preferred over those who can't do the job well regardless of color. However, it only becomes a problem when people from other countries start to erupt this "we are all the same" drumbeat in order to get more hearsay in another country's development whether economical, social, or otherwise.

It is well known that such actions tend to prevail among people of darker colors as oppose to people of lighter colors (you don't see white Canadians chanting that they are the same as white Americans, decendants of Europeans....etc etc etc).

But, like I said, this has not been much of a problem. A person's character is more preferable than their appearance, but if foreign influence that poses even the most subtle of threats to the Dominican Republic's existence (because its not written in stone that any country will last forever, countries do dissolve) in the future, then its something of concern, not because of the skin color but because the sovereignity and validity of an independent DR could become in question later down the road of time.

Certain people have already alluded to these things (on this board Keen have posted the "We are all the same" drumbeat several times) and it does brings uncomfortable feelings to those who hear that from foreigners. It's one thing if a Dominican says it, its another if a foreigner says it. We always have listen to foreigners and look how our country has been in the recent past. I think its time for us to make our own decisions about our own future.

Quisqueya said:
4. Why do dominicans exaggerate when the Haitian government with the consent of dominican government took over the DR but turn around and glamourise the Spanish colonisers who exploited you for centuries?
I don't ever recall Dominicans consenting the Haitian invasion, or any invasion of any kind. Every invader that has come to this country (Haitians, Spaniards in the mid-1800s, Americans, etc) have been detested, fought against, and unpopular with every Dominican alive in those times and a good number of Dominicans today. It all takes to talk about a particular action by any foreign nation on this country and the Dominican will develop and anti-foreign attitude while discussing those things.

Don't think that I look at the American invasion of the 1910s as something to party about, or the Spanish recolonization of the 1800s with any sort of good taste.

However, Haiti is the nearest neighbor (no two neighbor of countries have been friends during their entire history). Haiti has historically expressed desires of controlling the entire island (not paranoid, but a historical fact). Haiti is right next door, with historical desires of controlling the island, with modern large numbers of outflow of its citizens to lands that historically Haitian authorities wanted to rule over and not a single apology for the invasions or massacres from those times.

The US, Spain, France, they are all oceans away. They can say they want this island or not, but there are plenty more for their taking here. The Haitians, they are right next door with quite a history towards this country.

It's not exaggeration, its simply adding the different peaces together and getting an answer that is not calmative.

Quisqueya said:
5. Will there ever be peace between the two nations and build bridges to meet the standards of the global economy?
I think peace has been achieved for quite some time. As for the standards of global economy, explain.

I have no recolection of "standards of global economy" unless you are trying to say something else.

Quisqueya said:
6. When will dominicans overcome the fear of haitians invading the DR even though haiti isn't an eminent threat?
When we add all the peaces together and not one bit of suspicion is seen.

It's not the everyday Haitian whose the problem, they are simply worried about themselves and the well being of their family.

But, we all know that politicians the world over use the masses to accomplish their goals, whether that is conquering, distabilization, economic ruin or agreements, economic cooperation, or reconciliation. The government in Port-au-Prince have multiple times in the past said that they had no intention of being an eminent threat to the DR, only to see their army marching across the border in attempt to subjugate the Dominicans under their rule and totally disregard Dominican sovereignity.

You very well know the history of this island. You should understand both sides of the fence and how each side see's each other. Remember, in Haiti, children are tought that Dominicans are the culprit of their problems, that we stole their tourists, and that the entire island still belong to Haiti, but the Dominicans are in the way. You yourself have often posted that "Dominicans stole land from Haitians", which is a reminescent of the teachings in Haitian schools. Currently, Port-au-Prince based radio stations are spreading anti-Dominican sentiment with their anti-Dominican propaganda among the residents of that Haitian metropolis. This is a fact that was proven to me by a Haitian friend who himself is disgusted with the way his country has been treating the DR, denying one thing while doing it behind closed doors.

If Haitians and Dominicans want to reconcile, they need to do this with all honesty. In 1999, as a gesture of goodwill Leonel and the Haitian president at the time agreed to attend a concert of goodwill between the two nations in Dajabon. On the day of the concert, neither the Haitian president or the Haitian singing band bother to appear or send a note or message. The "reconciling" concert between the two nations became an all Dominican concert by virtue of the Haitians themselves who did not bothered to appear.

Quisqueya said:
7. When will the dominican government stop assisting rebels overthrow governments in haiti and take partial blame for the havoc in haiti?
The Dominican government did not assist the rebels. If anything, Aristide was doing us a favor by not provoking the current flood of illegal immigrants into this country!

The rebels were Haitian, they had their desire to destroy Arisitide's power from the time they were in Haiti, they got a chance to cross into the DR illegally just how many Haitians cross illegally by crossing the knee-high Dajabon river in the darkness of the night and dispersing into the sparsely populated mountanous terrain. If you have been to the border region, you know very well that any group of army men could have easily slip into this country, conduct their own illegal training, get their hands on illegal weapons (just how drug dealers get their hands on illegal drugs) and disperse themselves back into Haiti to conduct their own desire of Haitians overthrowing a Haitian government.

Like you always say, stop being paranoid.

Quisqueya said:
8. How do you feel about the dominican diaspora? And their attitude of no longer listening to the small percentage of the elite white dominicans that control the country and want the tipical dominican to have better chance than they did?
The Dominican diaspora is an influential economic force in their respective host nations and here in this country as well. All Dominicans in the diaspora who made it legally as an example of civilitiy, hard work, honesty, and law abidding citizens and they represent the best of the Dominicans in the exterior.

The Dominican elite and the Dominican diaspora are not at odds with each other. Each are working for the benefit of the nation. If the Dominican elite wanted to put their ownselves above everyone else, the elites would have destroyed the proposal of the DR-CAFTA which will increase competition in domestic markets the elites have control over. The elites would have been more like the elites of Haiti, who reject much, even import material from the DR when they know it will undermine and undercut Haitian economic production. The Dominican elites and the Dominican diaspora are all working for the benefit of the nation with new free market economic policies being put in place and a new and vibrant influx of new ideas coming from the United States and elsewhere.

What is occuring is a massive decision of what to accept from abroad and what to keep from our own. Do people want Coca Cola or Refrescos Country Club? Do people want big mac or arroz con pollo? Do people want techno music or merengue tipico?

The thing is that Dominicans want everything of their own and everything from abroad and that is very evident nationwide.

And please, don't make this into a race issue. Contrary to popular belief, Dominicans are not bent on this race issue to the degree it has been expressed on this board. On the contrary, people learn to accept themselves and they live with it.

I have not heard that Sammy Sosa is going to do the same thing Michael Jackson did to himself, despite Sammy having the money to do so.

-BTW, you missed one more questions from the one's I posted, and this is one of the most important ones. The what are the plans Haitians have for a progressive Haiti or something on those lines. Scroll to the post where I presented the questions and respond from there.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.