The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You mean look past the entire area of Sosua proper don't you.
I mean take off the whore monger goggles and have a look around beyond the spandex and flip flops..
456AED54-C8E9-4B7A-AB86-48343CE3F351.jpeg

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You should be a cultural tour guide for the town of Sosua, you might be able to find an oblivious Quaker that will believe in your fantasy
Keep your fantasies in the bedroom or you will lose your dark side of town also , where’s Willy why isn’t he helping you!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Look past the one block your used to going and maybe you will understand ..

Funny you should say this. I have friends that live in Sosewer and it's great to go hang out with them. The Beach is a great place to enjoy a cigar and a few beers while catching up. One friend who is a fellow sailor owns some villas in Sosoa, so I always stay there. I have a buddy that has Pongas on the beach and going out together for a morning of reef fishing is always on the agenda too. Of course making fun of the putas and the tourists that are all thinking they are all the man among men are an added sideshow. I have absolutely no interest in Bourbon Street, Ahnvee, or the strip.. Years ago, I liked to stop at Latinos to play pool with Babina, and I always stopped by to say hello and have a drink with Peter but those days are long gone, and they're not coming back..

Reactions: BermudaRum

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You mean look past the entire area of Sosua proper don't you.
There must be an Art Museum, Concert Hall, Botanical garden, Zoo, Theater District ? right off the main street which we obviously somehow missed all these years .
very odd . anything is possibly though I guess ..
Google Maps better get some Updates on this latest revelation .

Reactions: Big

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The Beach is a great place to enjoy a cigar and a few beers Years ago, I liked to stop at Latinos to play pool with Babina, and I always stopped by to say hello and have a drink with Peter but those days are long gone, and they're not coming back..

Those were the really fun day/nights in the little town known as Sosua. . The dance place at the rear of Latinos was a great social spot as well, sad that Willie got tired of running the whole place.
When you say Peter, do you mean the expat that used to own a restaurant on the strip?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
There must be an Art Museum, Concert Hall, Botanical garden, Zoo, Theater District ? right off the main street which we obviously somehow missed all these years .
very odd . anything is possibly though I guess ..
Google Maps better get some Updates on this latest revelation .
Actually there is an art centre, right at the beach end of Pedro Clisante: casadeartedesosua.org

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In comparison to any other tourist area in the Dominican Republic right now, Sosua is doing proportionally better.

While not all businesses have reopened many have, including the Ahnvee Resort and Bourbon Street Restaurant which is operating at over 85% occupancy and employing almost 200 people from the Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata area.
JetBlue is in the house.

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
If those guys were not dropping $200+ / day, EACH, the Sosua Economy would completely collapse .
jeez really collapse ...bourbon days are numbered they are already in crosshairs getting harassed not a good thing thought they had longer guess not..we all know how this song plays out eventually ...

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
jeez really collapse ...bourbon days are numbered they are already in crosshairs getting harassed not a good thing thought they had longer guess not..we all know how this song plays out eventually ...
Aren't they in the new improved red light district?

Reactions: jd426
Status
Not open for further replies.