The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
So what specifically is going on at Bourbon street currently that is prompting these comments about officials taking a more than cursory interest in the proceedings to the point that some conclude that the establishment may be shuttered. How is what's happen these days any different than what happened before? Is it just the new Covid restrictions that has resulted in increased scrutiny? Or is Bourbon street doing something different? Obviously I don't visit that establishment so I do not know what goes on there.
Playing outrageously loud music until the wee hours of the morning and causing congestion in the streets of a neighborhood with some well to do Dominicans living there.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Then why bring it up? To show "it happens everywhere"? Of course it does and that is not the problem.
The problem is whore mongers in Sosua on the Internet, not cabanas throughout the country. By the way, I don't have a a problem with it, the government does.
The attention whores posting their conquest on the internet
has upset some long time residence. Not everyone appreciates
their town being plastered as sex tourist destination on the
YouTube. Mongers are guest and unfortunately many of them
seem to forget this as soon as their feet hit PC.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Playing outrageously loud music until the wee hours of the morning and causing congestion in the streets of a neighborhood with some well to do Dominicans living there.

What's the status of the new Sex Plaza that was going up nearby? Is he still building? Construction stalled?

Reactions: jd426

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes, but this thread is about Sosua, Cabanas are all over the island further bolstering my point, try to keep up.
I’m Sorry I will speak slower for you... You brought up North coast with a topic of Sosua ..I hope this helps you:LOL: we all know your delusional but are an open forum all lives matter!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The attention whores posting their conquest on the internet
has upset some long time residence. Not everyone appreciates
their town being plastered as sex tourist destination on the
YouTube. Mongers are guest and unfortunately many of them
seem to forget this as soon as their feet hit PC.
And that the problem again , video postings happening again ... bourbon getting harassed they are building case and want them closed ...every thing is perception in DR reality is a different story :(

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Since the future of Sosua seems to be tied to work on Pedro Clisante - has anyone looked at the planters being constructed on the recently finihed sidewal, which I thought looked nice, even sans some of the old trees ?

They are building planters right next to the curb, meaning you can not open a car door without banging into them and they building the top sloping the 6" wide top from the outside to the inside of the planter. This might discourage people sitting on the planter as the sharp edge would dig into your butt but that edge is fragile cement plastered over blocks and will be chipped and unsightly long before the toque de queda is ended.

Seems work on Pedro Clisante is everyone's toy - Play with it until you break it. Remove tripping hazards - replace them with another.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Besides not being able to open passenger side doors, imagine backing into a parking space with those planters. There'll probably be a lot of scraped, dinged bumpers. Either that, or people will be parking 2 feet from the curb.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Since the future of Sosua seems to be tied to work on Pedro Clisante - has anyone looked at the planters being constructed on the recently finihed sidewal, which I thought looked nice, even sans some of the old trees ?

They are building planters right next to the curb, meaning you can not open a car door without banging into them and they building the top sloping the 6" wide top from the outside to the inside of the planter. This might discourage people sitting on the planter as the sharp edge would dig into your butt but that edge is fragile cement plastered over blocks and will be chipped and unsightly long before the toque de queda is ended.

Seems work on Pedro Clisante is everyone's toy - Play with it until you break it. Remove tripping hazards - replace them with another.

I am sure that some of the wildebeest in spandex can sit on those edges without feeling a thing. Someone stated that putting those planters so close to the road was to dissuade people from parking there in the first place. I just wish they would close down those few blocks of PC again.

Reactions: CristoRey

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Then why bring it up? To show "it happens everywhere"? Of course it does and that is not the problem.
The problem is whore mongers in Sosua on the Internet, not cabanas throughout the country. By the way, I don't have a a problem with it, the government does.

You make it sound like every whore monger is posting their crap on the internet. I think the vast majority don't. A few bad eggs spoil the hunt.

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You make it sound like every whore monger is posting their crap on the internet. I think the vast majority don't. A few bad eggs spoil the hunt.
Long time Dominican residents I know up there tell
me people are fed up with it. They'd much rather the
weekend warriors just stay home and send a check.

Reactions: ramesses

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Long time Dominican residents I know up there tell
me people are fed up with it. They'd much rather the
weekend warriors just stay home and send a check.
CR, the working people I speak with said they miss the tourists big time. They are looking forward to the reopening of Sosua. The taxi guys miss the days when they were making 200 + a day. The beach Casita's are squeezing out some coin as of recent. All those little dive restaurants in Sosua are family operations and they are not earning anything. Times will get better but when and how much only time will tell. When things do open up the bus loads of chicas from Santo Domingo and Santiago will re-stock the pond

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I think the planters project is purely a lack of foresight and not some deep-rooted conspiracy to put all of PC out of business.
It simply means that the cars will be further into the road if they need to open the passenger door.The other side is already a no parking zone so doesn't apply there.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You are taking

I have a perfect solution... can we Refer to these New Mongers . the ones who just cant help posting Videos of their Exploits , and bragging at the breakfast table about how much they got the night before.. etc etc
as " NEO Mongers"..... these are the new generation, which just dont seem to know any better. and they actually do refer to Sosua as "the Matrix"..

I think it will keep the lines clear, and perhaps we can ALL agree a lot more around here .
but when you group them all together, bash them, and then claim you have no problem with certain groups of them ? ??
, it only creates discontent and total confusion.

This is why Big brought it up.. that there are MANY different ways this type of Activity goes on , and is a way of life in the DR.. For Locals and Guests .
But yes we all can agree, its the way SOME of these guys go about it , and what that attracts , is totally rubbing the Authorities /powers that be, /board of Tourism the wrong way... which is totally understandable .. some dudes are just obnoxious A Holes .. and Race has nothing to do with being an A hole .

and here is a perfect example right here

EXACTLY ......

i should have just quoted and saved the typing ..

Reactions: JD Jones and Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
And that the problem again , video postings happening again ... bourbon getting harassed they are building case and want them closed ...every thing is perception in DR reality is a different story :(

U see, right here again..
We disagree on almost everything.... but yet I agree with this post 100% ..
I think many of us here agree on more things than we realize .. we just arguing over minutiae , which is meaningless in the bigger picture of things .

Reactions: JD Jones and Big

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I don't know if there's been an uptick in Sosua videos. Maybe there has. But the writing has been on the wall for quite awhile now. Sosua will not continue as a Sex Tourist destination. The North Coast is prime for real estate development and it will come. It's already begun. And the people dropping the biggest investments will call the shots on Sosua and they'll get their way. When a big spender and job creator comes into an area, they get what they want-just look at Amber Cove. And the Sosua sex trade is a pissant in the way of any large tourism projects. It's nothing.

Just look at the business background of Presidente Abinader. He has heavy ties to the Hotel Assn., Restaurant Assn and tourism development companies. That means he's on a first name basis with the larger Hotel guys that have facilities ont he North Coast - and also the ones that want to develop there. And look at the people that have been appointed to tourism posts by Abinader.

To think the giant Sosua pedro clisante sex party continues is just silly. They will be allowed to visit up near Ahnvee as long as they behave and don't make too much noise. If not, they'll get spanked. That's always been the plan. Case in point - brand new Police Station.

And of course this all happens post covid.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I don't know if there's been an uptick in Sosua videos. Maybe there has. But the writing has been on the wall for quite awhile now. Sosua will not continue as a Sex Tourist destination. The North Coast is prime for real estate development and it will come. It's already begun. And the people dropping the biggest investments will call the shots on Sosua and they'll get their way. When a big spender and job creator comes into an area, they get what they want-just look at Amber Cove. And the Sosua sex trade is a pissant in the way of any large tourism projects. It's nothing.

Just look at the business background of Presidente Abinader. He has heavy ties to the Hotel Assn., Restaurant Assn and tourism development companies. That means he's on a first name basis with the larger Hotel guys that have facilities ont he North Coast - and also the ones that want to develop there. And look at the people that have been appointed to tourism posts by Abinader.

To think the giant Sosua pedro clisante sex party continues is just silly. They will be allowed to visit up near Ahnvee as long as they behave and don't make too much noise. If not, they'll get spanked. That's always been the plan. Case in point - brand new Police Station.

And of course this all happens post covid.

Covid has delayed any major plans for the area for years to come.

Reactions: JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Covid has delayed any major plans for the area for years to come.
Many of us will not see this Major Change in our LIFETIMES...
I watched Europe go from Communism, to Capitalism .. it still took some countries 10 years to get a phone in every house, and Cement Fixed ,visibly deteriorated , just like when we see those unfinished homes with Rebarb sticking towards the sky, took years . and they had the resources .
This is The DR... unfinished is their way ..
and yes I was SHOCKED they ever finished Amber Cove . I thought that would take another 5 years +
The whole North Coast ? Nah .. not in another 20 years . they just dont have the Ambition
and now the Tourism $ is not even there any more as before ..
Its over saturated as it is , not happening .
If it ever becomes Impossible for example to get a Room in Punta Cana, THEN maybe I will start to believe this Fantasy of Big Hotels overlooking Sosua Beach
its a Fairy tale right now.

Reactions: Big
Status
Not open for further replies.