The Ghetto-ization and Chopo-ization Of Dominican Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I happen to like "Reggeton, Rap,Dembow, and other types of "Ghetto" music.
It never makes me want to rob,shoot,drink,beat,kill,or anything else!
Well, when I see those "BBs", (Beautiful Booties) I do get the urge to have unprotected anal sex!
BUTT, that's just me!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And I don't blame anyone else.

There you go CCCCCC

images

You're welcome...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Well, when I see those "BBs", (Beautiful Booties) I do get the urge to have unprotected anal sex!
BUTT, that's just me!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And I don't blame anyone else.
I just hope it's not with an NBA player. NOT that there's anything wrong with it...

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
Mira esa foto. Sadly this behavior and others like it have become far too commonplace in RD. Drugs, out of control tigueraje, wanton littering, etc.

941484_612315058798321_729422167_n.jpg

Are Dominican Yorks to blame? Fatherless households?? I think the pendulum has swung just about far as it can in this direction. Hopefully it is not broken and starts to swing back the other way.

The most ghetto thing about the DR is the cultural attitude that is often present where people think that something is owed to them. That is the same attitude that I grew up seeing in AMerican ghettos. People do not want to work or anything. They want to sit back.listen to music, party and grab money off of the money tree. They expect the government and anyone who has money to just give them money for nothing. That is a ghetto attitude. Unfortunately, this attitude is all over the DR in many parts. People want to sit back and get their western union payments from money trees. They want free money and think it is owed to them. They do not understand that it is not other people's fault that they are so poor.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Good One CB"!
"Suarezn"..."Dat's Wut I'm Talk'n Bout!!!!!!!!" Can we have VIDEO??????
"BB", your excused!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
back in the high school i listened to mellow romantic poetry music and i drunk on daily basis. and tried various drugs. now i listen to dembow and no drugs or alcohol. so the musical theory is busted, sorry.

never appreciated the appeal of hookah myself. i cannot smoke. and god knows i tried at 16 when i thought smoking was cool. i'm like clinton: smoked but never inhaled. all i did was choke and cough. hence my hatred for pot: i tried it so many times and never managed to squeeze one once of silly laughter out of it, zero results. crack was a bit better but the effects are so short lived it makes no sense to me either.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
the hookah is a water pipe..

you light some carbon and put on some flavored tobacco... the smoke from the burning tobacco is led through the water bowl to act as coolant... you inhale the smoke and some additional air from the air vent..

here's a diagram:

Google Afbeeldingen resultaat voor http://www.buildahookah.com/images/hookahsetup.gif

I've smoked it on visits to the Levant,,, it's stronger than cigarettes, but a lot weaker than a solid Cuban cigar..

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Dude seriously? You're making a huge leap from what I said to Columbine, OKC, etc...which BTW when was the last time you heard of a mass shooting in The DR?...but that's a different topic altogether.

What I said was that the reason you see what people in this board are calling ghetto behavior has a lot do with the fact that Dominicans are now more likely to see US culture (via Cable TV) and returning Dominicanyork than 20 years ago for instance..."American pop culture" is probably The US greatest export and whether we like it or not the youth around the globe who watch US cable want to imitate American "ghetto" culture.

Note that you need to make a distinction between what people are calling ghetto here (equate to "trashy" dressing an hood rat behavior) vs. your example of destructive behavior (murdering, robbing, etc). Ghetto behavior in this context, at least the way I understand it's being used here, means wearing your pants falling off your @ss, getting those ugly tattoos of marijuana leaves, getting your "grill", "smoking trees" or Hookah for that matter, etc...and yes those "fashions" have all originated or made popular in the "ghettos" of the USA and youth from other countries or the burbs are just following suit. It has nothing to do with violent behavior per se, but a lot of older people associate the two because often times they DO go hand in hand.

Dude, seriously.

Your argument is basically that the environment creates and/or perpetuates negative behavior. And you specified li'l wayne. Ok, I'm willing to play. If your premise is "nurture" is more effective than "nature," then why wouldn't the same be true of my examples, which basically consist of white guys raised in suburbia?

But no, sorry, those guys aren't a result of helicopter parenting and other **** poor environmental issues, they're "mentally ill." Let's just get back to blaming all of society's ills on the lyrics of some oversexed midget rapper and his cohorts.

So, let's move away from the scapegoating. That goes for you too, Chip.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The most ghetto thing about the DR is the cultural attitude that is often present where people think that something is owed to them. That is the same attitude that I grew up seeing in AMerican ghettos. People do not want to work or anything. They want to sit back.listen to music, party and grab money off of the money tree. They expect the government and anyone who has money to just give them money for nothing. That is a ghetto attitude. Unfortunately, this attitude is all over the DR in many parts. People want to sit back and get their western union payments from money trees. They want free money and think it is owed to them. They do not understand that it is not other people's fault that they are so poor.

Another "ghetto" attitude is showing up in someone else's country and presuming to dictate how it should be. I have an idea, if you want to do something about poverty (other than complain about it), hire someone, or volunteer.

But whatever we do, we shouldn't be sitting around on our pensioned high horses and telling folks in another country to get their act together, so we'll feel more comfortable (and just a teeny bit superior).

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It is the drugs and gangster culture from the US propagated by our trashy music and entertainment history, not to mention the thousands and thousands of deportees.

do you believe that the same societal degradation is happening in places like Korea and India? they have internet there, too. they have MTV. why does anyone believe that this is the fault of Americans in general, and them darlin darkies from the projects in particular?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
So, let's move away from the scapegoating. That goes for you too, Chip.

Mr PC, the last I remembered Dominicans don't listen to white boy music, they listen to reggaeton and now rap which is all based on sex, money, implied violence and drugs. Maybe you should take those blinders off the next time you watch a music video of the genre.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
do you believe that the same societal degradation is happening in places like Korea and India? they have internet there, too. they have MTV. why does anyone believe that this is the fault of Americans in general, and them darlin darkies from the projects in particular?

thx for making my point

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
thx for making my point

you have a point? coulda fooled me. by the way, you evaded my question, as usual. do you have any evidence of hordes of young guys walking the streets of Seoul with their pants falling off their asses? i mean, apart from those whose pants fall off naturally, since their asses are kinda small to begin with?

recycle

Jun 28, 2012
huqqah (or arghila) comes from the arab culture, has nothing to do with american ghettos. This device is usually used with a kind of apple tobacco, or honey tobacco. Now is a mainstream fashion in miami nightlife and rebounding here.
Really tasty and pleasant

Apart of that, I dont like to see children smoking like in the foto

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Okay .... so India does NOT listen to rap, and "ghetto music". I think we can agree that they work hard at maintaining a "traditional" society.

Now .... look at the first 2:30 min of this video about a little problem they are having in India. (There is no easy answer to the problems that we see ..... worldwide ....)

Glut - The Untold Story of Punjab [ Subtitled non english parts ] - YouTube

Thanks for making my point for me, drugs destroy society.

Drugs are promoted by the US ghetto music industry which in turn is idolized by many youths the world over, like in the DR.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Thanks for making my point for me, drugs destroy society.

Drugs are promoted by the US ghetto music industry which in turn is idolized by many youths the world over, like in the DR.

They don't listen to it in India!!!! Thanks for making MY point!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.