This could happen to YOU !

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Oh man! That really sucks, and the sad thing is that there is no justice in this country.

Hang on..... justice is exactly what is needed here and with will and determination and the right contacts and the right moves it WILL happen. All I can say right now is "Stay Strong Mel" and that comes from the heart.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
She has received no help or assistance from anybody here. .

I just want to clarify my above comment as I'm now becoming a little worried that I may have omitted some good people's actions from this comment which was really aimed at people in general....not the good folk of DR1!.

Mel's wife has received sound advice and very useful information from some of the people who post on DR1 and who have been aware of the true story right from the start. Those people continue to offer good advice and support.

There has also been an offer of assistance in the past from another DR1 member who lives here and has now offered their services again in relation to trying to get her to the jail for visiting and delivering food etc. I've been able to organise a car for her for the past month, but I'm going to need it now, so travel will be a big problem for her

In the past Mel's wife has found it hard to accept these offers of help from complete strangers. She found it hard to understand why people she'd never met would offer to help her. As you can imagine, she found it difficult to trust anybody at the beginning when there was (and still is) lot of hostility regarding the circumstances of the events of 2 months ago. She was worried for the safety of her chilldren and so kept contact with strangers to a miniumum.

However, I think that now, she may be in a more accepting frame of mind with regard to help, if it were offered.....though I admit, I haven't checked with her.....she's a proud woman, so it's difficult to tell.....

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
His wife has at least one meal per day covered.
"TheRock":

To be very honest with you, I wasn't able to be here yesterday for a long time but I did read what you posted (above).

Some some reasons, I couldn't take the above sentence out of my mind.

Even today, at work, all I thought was about the above sentence and decided to come home before my 2 1/2 hours drive to ask you something (and to change clothes, hehe) .

Now, and if you don't mind, please answer these questions:

1- What do you mean "one meal per day covered", what about the other 2 meals?,

2- How many kids they have?, (maybe it was posted but I don't have time to read the whole thread),

3- Are the kids also getting just one meal per day?. (I know you said the wife has one meal covered but I don't know if the neighbors, family or friends are helping the kids).

I'll be back home tomorrow, so please just answer these questions, if you don't mind.

Gracias and adios.......

A

apostropheman

Miquel,

his wife has one meal a day being delivered to Mel at the prison

they have 4 kids plus she is about 5 months pregnant

i believe the family is managing better for food, etc...
i hope this helps clarify
"TheRock":

To be very honest with you, I wasn't able to be here yesterday for a long time but I did read what you posted (above).

Some some reasons, I couldn't take the above sentence out of my mind.

Even today, at work, all I thought was about the above sentence and decided to come home before my 2 1/2 hours drive to ask you something (and to change clothes, hehe) .

Now, and if you don't mind, please answer these questions:

1- What do you mean "one meal per day covered", what about the other 2 meals?,

2- How many kids they have?, (maybe it was posted but I don't have time to read the whole thread),

3- Are the kids also getting just one meal per day?. (I know you said the wife has one meal covered but I don't know if the neighbors, family or friends are helping the kids).

I'll be back home tomorrow, so please just answer these questions, if you don't mind.

Gracias and adios.......

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Crees o sabes?......

Miquel,

his wife has one meal a day being delivered to Mel at the prison

they have 4 kids plus she is about 5 months pregnant

i believe the family is managing better for food, etc...
i hope this helps clarify
Apos and "TheRock":

Do you guys "believe" she is managing or are you guys 100% sure that she is managing?.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Apos and "TheRock":

Do you guys "believe" she is managing or are you guys 100% sure that she is managing?.
She is managing because she has to manage.
If you're asking if she's handling it well, I suppose as well as could be expected.
If you're asking if she's going through h*ll everyday, darn straight she is.
It would be bad enough without kids to have your husband in jail, falsely accused of such a grave crime, but being pregnant too, is just plain cruel.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay Dios mio.......

She is managing because she has to manage.
If you're asking if she's handling it well, I suppose as well as could be expected.
If you're asking if she's going through h*ll everyday, darn straight she is.
It would be bad enough without kids to have your husband in jail, falsely accused of such a grave crime, but being pregnant too, is just plain cruel.
I fell like I am "pulling teeths" here so let me just get straight to the point:

Does she has the money to give the kids and herself 3 meals a day?.

Whomever answers, PLEASE make sure you know for a fact the she is or isn't.

A "I think so", a "maybe", a "I hope so" or a "I imagine" WILL NOT DO.

It's either a "YES" or "NO" and only if you know 100%.

Thanks!.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I fell like I am "pulling teeths" here so let me just get straight to the point:

Does she has the money to give the kids and herself 3 meals a day?.

Whomever answers, PLEASE make sure you know for a fact the she is or isn't.

A "I think so", a "maybe", a "I hope so" or a "I imagine" WILL NOT DO.

It's either a "YES" or "NO" and only if you know 100%.

Thanks!.
I guess the answer to that question would be, mas o menos.
She unquestionably is broke.
I had to deal with a car rental dude on Friday, who she owes 10K plus pesos, but couldn't pay.
She left a passport in deposit, but the guy is getting anxious for his money.
I promised him that by this Friday I would get it resolved, to calm him down.
All she needs now is to be summoned to the local fiscal to add to her existing problems.
Anyhow, as it happens, a friend just dropped off 2K to help out and I'm going to make a few calls to see if I can scrounge up the rest to give to this dude and get the passport back.
From what I can tell, she's already received all the help she can get from family members, for all the "legal costs" to date.

PS: I was not trying to be cagey about answering your question before, Miguel.
It's just that I feel a bit reluctant to post her personal info on the internet for all to see, but I guess at this point, she needs help so much, that she won't be angry with me.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De ninguna manera.......

I guess the answer to that question would be, mas o menos.
She unquestionably is broke.
I had to deal with a car rental dude on Friday, who she owes 10K plus pesos, but couldn't pay.
She left a passport in deposit, but the guy is getting anxious for his money.
I promised him that by this Friday I would get it resolved, to calm him down.
All she needs now is to be summoned to the local fiscal to add to her existing problems.
Anyhow, as it happens, a friend just dropped off 2K to help out and I'm going to make a few calls to see if I can scrounge up the rest to give to this dude and get the passport back.
From what I can tell, she's already received all the help she can get from family members, for all the "legal costs" to date.

PS: I was not trying to be cagey about answering your question before, Miguel.
It's just that I feel a bit reluctant to post her personal info on the internet for all to see, but I guess at this point, she needs help so much, that she won't be angry with me.
Mas o menos?.

NOT ON MY F'ING WATCH!!!!.

I will be sending you a PM right away.

Buddy, don't worry about being cagey as I know where you are coming from.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
To tambien.....

I'll not be left out, count me in for 2k.
Hey viejo, long time!!!.

At time of need, the DR1 family always stick together!!.

Count me in for 1,500 pesos a week until the problem is solved!!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que facil.......

That's awesome Miguel.
Thanks a million for your generous offer.
No prob. It's done already. Be on the lookout.

Shyt, it's easier than staying at a "Holliday Inn", hahahahahaha!!.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I remember the incident, I mean I remember reading about it here when it happened. The Canadian owner of this popular bar killed by an American resident during a fight. I gues this person (Mel) is held in custody in relation with this death, but I see Rocky calls it a "false arrest". What is going on? Do you suspect somebody else killed the guy? Just asking for clarification. I know at the time there was a lot of consternation over this killing. I did not follow the case, so I am really ignorant about it. That is why I ask. Can you read about it in the Dominican press?

Status
Not open for further replies.