This could happen to YOU !

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Sorry, I thought I had been helping her since the day it happened! So what exactly are you suggesting that I do now! You seem to be the one with all the ideas on this!

You know I am not, but Mel's 3 months in jail is now overdue and nothing is happening - someone has to do something surely like tell it how it was if you know anything or saw anything. I know you have helped Jodi more than anyone else would on a daily basis for ages but now it is time to say what you know about it all... and I don't just mean you as you well know but some of the truth has to be told somewhere if Mel is going to ever be free. Its "stand up and be counted time".

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You know I am not, but Mel's 3 months in jail is now overdue and nothing is happening - someone has to do something surely like tell it how it was if you know anything or saw anything. I know you have helped Jodi more than anyone else would on a daily basis for ages but now it is time to say what you know about it all... and I don't just mean you as you well know but some of the truth has to be told somewhere if Mel is going to ever be free. Its "stand up and be counted time".
That's a fact.
It's no joke.
When it gets to the point that a fake scenario is being invented, saying that Mel came flying out of the house angrily and with premeditation, proceeded to stab Mark and kill him right then and there in front of his house, when you and several others there know this to be completely false, then the honest witnesses have to speak up, or Mel's going to jail for 20 or 30 years, and we all know he did not attack Mark, quite the reverse.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Actually, Jodi's name has been posted, and there are even posters here who sent her money to help, in fact, there's even a DR1 member who sends her money weekly to help out.
So yes, her name has been mentioned.
Does it matter anyhow?
She's not the one making false accusations, is she?
She's the victim.

I know all of this Marc and I believe it's on this actual thread that Miguel offered to send her money every week. Yes, you're right, she is the victim. That's why it just would have been nice for her to have remained as anonymous as possible. She had enough 'bad attitude' while she was still living in the same house where all of this started. Some of the neighbours snubbed her and people made their own 'judgements' about what happened. I just thought it would have been nice for her and her children to have a 'breather' for a moment. As soon as her new neighbours know her name and see the children, they'll put two and two together and it could start all over again.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
What about Mark and Colleens neighbor that heard Colleen telling Mark not to go over there? It shows Marks state of mind at the time since they lived in a separate part of Villas Karibic. Evidently Mark had to go past Mel's home to get to Renata's home. Renata was the manager of Villas Karibic and had access to the generator which was the cause of the problem. My understanding is that Mel came out to see what all the commotion was about. Turns out it was Mark in a rage.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know all of this Marc and I believe it's on this actual thread that Miguel offered to send her money every week. Yes, you're right, she is the victim. That's why it just would have been nice for her to have remained as anonymous as possible. She had enough 'bad attitude' while she was still living in the same house where all of this started. Some of the neighbours snubbed her and people made their own 'judgements' about what happened. I just thought it would have been nice for her and her children to have a 'breather' for a moment. As soon as her new neighbours know her name and see the children, they'll put two and two together and it could start all over again.
I understand your concern, and it's valid, but there's bigger fish to fry here.
Colleen has invented a twisted version of the incident. and if you and hubby and Renata and the 2 guards don't stand up and refute those horrendous lies and accusations, then Mel will go to jail.
It's a simple as that.
There's is no choice anymore.
One cannot live the rest of one's life, knowing that a man has spent the better part of his life in jail for nothing.
That stuff might happen in the movies, but it should never happen in real life.
NEVER !

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What about Mark and Colleens neighbor that heard Colleen telling Mark not to go over there? It shows Marks state of mind at the time since they lived in a separate part of Villas Karibic. Evidently Mark had to go past Mel's home to get to Renata's home. Renata was the manager of Villas Karibic and had access to the generator which was the cause of the problem. My understanding is that Mel came out to see what all the commotion was about. Turns out it was Mark in a rage.
Yes, of course, but it's beyond that now.
It's public knowledge that Mark was out of control and attacked Mel.
That's not the issue here.
The issue is to get the witnesses to gather together and refute this newly invented accusation from Colleen.
Mel's hearing should be this week, and if all the judge has to look at is this new accusation she made and there are no witnesses to testify otherwise, Mel will surely go to jail for a long long time.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I understand your concern, and it's valid, but there's bigger fish to fry here.
Colleen has invented a twisted version of the incident. and if you and hubby and Renata and the 2 guards don't stand up and refute those horrendous lies and accusations, then Mel will go to jail.
It's a simple as that.
There's is no choice anymore.
One cannot live the rest of one's life, knowing that a man has spent the better part of his life in jail for nothing.
That stuff might happen in the movies, but it should never happen in real life.
NEVER !

no it shouldn't and when the chips are down people have to stand up and be counted - if everyone does that Mel will be freed as he is NOT guilty of murder!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
When it gets to the point that a fake scenario is being invented, saying that Mel came flying out of the house angrily and with premeditation, proceeded to stab Mark and kill him right then and there in front of his house, when you and several others there know this to be completely false, then the honest witnesses have to speak up, or Mel's going to jail for 20 or 30 years, and we all know he did not attack Mark, quite the reverse.

I've read half the document in detail & skip read the other half. The accused is in deep, deep trouble and this is only the civil suit, not the criminal one. It would appear that some witnesses now apparently against the accused could have changed their story from that which had been heard earlier. Thus anyone present or in the vicinity at the time of the event in May, or within earshot either immediately before, during or immediately aftewards will have material evidence to offer and should make themselves available to the lawyer of the accused. Please.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I've read half the document in detail & skip read the other half. The accused is in deep, deep trouble and this is only the civil suit, not the criminal one. It would appear that some witnesses now apparently against the accused could have changed their story from that which had been heard earlier. Thus anyone present or in the vicinity at the time of the event in May, or within earshot either immediately before, during or immediately aftewards will have material evidence to offer and should make themselves available to the lawyer of the accused. Please.

They have.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You may be correct that some have changed their stories, but I think it's all fabricated.
I can't see Renata recanting her story, when she was absolutely terrorized by Mark's aggression and banging on her glass doors, and she must perceive Mel as her saviour, because if he had not come out to ask Mark to settle down, Mark might have broken through the glass.
She was so terrified, she wouldn't come out of the house, and it was her who asked Mel to go down to the guards, to have them call the cops on Mark.
That in itself proves that Colleen's accusations are false.
According to her document. Mel came out and killed Mark right then and there in front of his house.
According to her document. the cops caught Mel in the act.
What a complete farce.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
That's a fact.
It's no joke.

I feel that I am being publically 'bullied' by you and Whirleybird (who, incidentally, was the one who told me, on the advice of her partner, 3 months ago, not to get involved or say anything for my own safety and that of my young children, but obviously they don't matter anymore now that there are no other interesting threads to keep Whirleybird occupied!). I was also sent a nasty private message from somebody who wasn't happy about me speaking out, along with a couple more which were 'probing' for information. Jodi knows who the witnesses were to the events that night, and I told her immediately what I heard, so nobody's been 'hiding' anything!

So, I HAVE said what I HEARD Marc, right from the beginning, as you well know. I originally posted on DR1 and had more than one post deleted. I never personally SAW anything. I wasn't in front of Mel's house where the main events happened as I live to the rear of it. As far as I'm aware there were NO witnesses to Mark's actual murder, or the actual physical events that occured that night although there were witnesses to Mel's injuries and the aftermath. There was also no murder weapon found. With that being the case then Colleen's version of events has to be fabricated as she was not present and, as far as I'm aware, is not in contact with anybody that was.

Unfortunately, from a legal point of view, I'm not prepared to say anything more for the entertainment of a message board or to keep Whirleybird from falling asleep at her keyboard. I have 2 young children in bed here and I don't want to worry about their safety. People know where I live. I've done everything I can to help Jodi, I lent her my car for a month or more, I've looked after her kids, I've cooked her meals.....and I've never hidden what I know from her or you Marc. The police were never interested in witnesses other than the watchmen so why, all of a sudden am I the one in the 'firing line' when I've hidden nothing......

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am coming in late to this because I have been trying to think of ways to put some pressure on to the right quarters.

My understanding is that there have been many mistakes made in this intervening 3 months - duff lawyers, not contacting the American Consul, NOT getting Congressmen & Senators involved PLUS those who COULD have given evidence on Mel's behalf, keeping quiet whilst "Other Avenues" were explored. All the mistakes were done for what appeared to be the right reason (at the time) but those reasons have not come to fruition .............. NOW IS THE TIME TO GET DOWN RIGHT HONEST to fight what appears to be manipulated evidence.

Someone asked earlier "What can we do to help?" Here are a few suggestions

1. If you are an American Citizen living in the DR, get hold of Bill Kirkman AND/OR the American Embassy to voice your support for Mel. Do so as STRONGLY as you feel is within political etiquette!!
2. If you have contacts with the press here or in the locality of Mel's home town (&/or that of Mel's wife) get on the phone to them & explain as much as you can.
3. Lobby as hard as you can those who were witnesses of that deadly night & persuade them to come forward WITH THE TRUTH or be forever castigated by the residents who post here on DR1.
4. feed ANY information you KNOW to be correct & truthful, here on DR1 so that it may be offered to the defence lawyer when this trumped up case comes to court. It doesn't matter HOW SMALL that information is, it might just put the final piece of the jigsaw in place.
5 IF you know Coleen & are sure she is using this as a springboard for something else (i.e. she is being vindictive or malicious without just cause) try persuading her to drop the suit. If she is convinced of her story & can prove it, I am sure she will find some support here but if this is NOT the case, she will find a body of people who are prepared to make her life as difficult & unpleasant as Mel's will be if he is not found to be innocent (or 'No Case to answer') if innocent he truly is (as most people seem to believe!).

Those are MY suggestions, if anyone can add others I am sure we are all ears. The Consulate, Embassy & press HAVE to be involved from here on in - HEAVILY involved!! ~ Grahame.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I feel that I am being publically 'bullied' by you and Whirleybird (who, incidentally, was the one who told me, on the advice of her partner, 3 months ago, not to get involved or say anything for my own safety and that of my young children, but obviously they don't matter anymore now that there are no other interesting threads to keep Whirleybird occupied!). I was also sent a nasty private message from somebody who wasn't happy about me speaking out, along with a couple more which were 'probing' for information. Jodi knows who the witnesses were to the events that night, and I told her immediately what I heard, so nobody's been 'hiding' anything!

So, I HAVE said what I HEARD Marc, right from the beginning, as you well know. I originally posted on DR1 and had more than one post deleted. I never personally SAW anything. I wasn't in front of Mel's house where the main events happened as I live to the rear of it. As far as I'm aware there were NO witnesses to Mark's actual murder, or the actual physical events that occured that night although there were witnesses to Mel's injuries and the aftermath. There was also no murder weapon found. With that being the case then Colleen's version of events has to be fabricated as she was not present and, as far as I'm aware, is not in contact with anybody that was.

Unfortunately, from a legal point of view, I'm not prepared to say anything more for the entertainment of a message board or to keep Whirleybird from falling asleep at her keyboard.

I totally agree with you Sharlene, you have gone through an awful time with all this before it became public knowledge.

Rocky, you particularly asked when you started this thread that the case should not be discussed on here and now you are doing precisely the opposite.

Not one of you that are posting knows what happened, so stop your insults and judgements and REMEMBER THIS. Two families' lives are destroyed, they are BOTH going through great pain and shame on all of you for coming on here to gossip about it. Your original intentions were good Rocky, but you have lost the plot and the real reasons you started the thread.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry Sharlene.
Didn't mean it that way.
The situation is desperate.
I was thinking of Mel's plight and must not have realized how you were feeling about it.
And I more than anyone, know how much you have helped.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Your original intentions were good Rocky, but you have lost the plot and the real reasons you started the thread.
Absolutely correct.
But when I started this thread, I had no idea that Colleen was going to fabricate a story, and make an actual formal legal complaint, making Mel out to be the gulity party.
So now the situation has changed, and so has the thread.
Anyone here who can convince me that Mel was guilty, please do so.
Anyone here who can convince me that Mark wasn't wildly out of control that night when he attacked Mel, as all the witneeses said, please convince me.
Because my life would be a lot easier.
I knew neither party and have spoken out, only because of those witnesses who all stated the same thing, saying Mark was gulty, Mel innocent.
If they lied to me, tell me now so I can go do other things more pleasant.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You may be correct that some have changed their stories, but I think it's all fabricated.

It might be, I don't know. I was looking at it from the point of view of the Court with no other evidence to go on. If they have other evidence, well and good. I was also looking at the date of the civil suit and that was submitted way after the witnesses were originally interviewed.

Let's all keep cool heads here, folks. Basically everyone wants the same thing - justice. Let's not allow ourselves to internalise the powerlessness possibly felt by the accused and family and react to this by inadvertently blaming others. Anger at injustice can do that to any of us who feel passionately about it. We are more effective if we don't let it.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Unfortunately, from a legal point of view, I'm not prepared to say anything more for the entertainment of a message board or to keep Whirleybird from falling asleep at her keyboard. I have 2 young children in bed here and I don't want to worry about their safety. People know where I live. I've done everything I can to help Jodi, I lent her my car for a month or more, I've looked after her kids, I've cooked her meals.....and I've never hidden what I know from her or you Marc. The police were never interested in witnesses other than the watchmen so why, all of a sudden am I the one in the 'firing line' when I've hidden nothing......

So, as you think of me that way I will understand if you don't want to meet up tomorrow as arranged but please let me know

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It might be, I don't know. I was looking at it from the point of view of the Court with no other evidence to go on. If they have other evidence, well and good.

Let's all keep cool heads here, folks. Basically everyone wants the same thing - justice. Let's not allow ourselves to internalise the powerlessness possibly felt by the accused and family and react to this by inadvertently blaming others. Anger at injustice can do that to any of us who feel passionately about it. We are more effective if we don't let it.
Agreed.
There is but one main goal here.
The truth.
The very same truth we heard from all the witnesses at the beginning.
Not this new concocted version.
And if any witnesses did sell out for money, let those righteous honest witnesses laugh at them, when truth prevails.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK folks, enough. At the time, I also suggested that witnesses stay quiet for their own safety. Enough time has gone by for witnesses to come forward now, without the risk that they are taken in for questioning as well.

Let's close this now. Any witnesses, it is now time to come forward. If you get any threats or threatening messages or any kind of communication through DR1 that want you to change what you know, ignore it, or send along to me or to Robert.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.