Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yesterday on Sosua Beach.
The new improved look, with inside track?
I like the current rustic "charm" Dom. style.
Nice day nice crowd Dominican and gringo.
That is some serious coin for a beach shack. They even stone veneered the elec pole. Very Cosmopolitan. Looks like they might actually get it completed.....before it gets knocked down. Apparently this guy did not get the memo.

Reactions: drstock

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
As a woman, I find the term "whore" offensive because of the negative connotations attached to it (e.g. a promiscuous woman).
It doesn’t imply woman in this case..a spade is a spade doesn’t mattter how you surgar coat it..if someone feels guilty about something go see a priest , it seems a few here would like to call there social activities as social welfare system conveyers and saviours..as a women what would you call them?

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are the one that claims to have a vast knowledge of Sosua and all things business. You just posted about a construction project on the beach as if you were more knowledgeable about the business there than the actually investors. You posted numerous times about changes coming to Sosua that never came to fruition, and about fake immigration snowbird round ups. If you were a baseball player you would be batting .100. You have all this amazing knowledge its just inaccurate, hey but its entertaining.
I am truly pleased that you are entertained. It makes my day to no end!

Once again, what I posted were things that were under discussion by locals, posted plans at City Hall, or printed in the DR news.
I have zero to do with those plans coming to fruition, but I appreciate that you think I in some way have control of that and then fail simply because I mention them and then nothing happens. Your "logic" is what entertains me.

If you have continued issues with when you can use your Marriott points in Sosua, take that up with Marriott.
If you have issues with the environmental minister blocking the construction of the Ritz Carlton Reserve at La Boca, please take that up with the ministry.
If you have issues with moving what the government considers and undesirable "show" out of sight and out of mind to the east end of Pedro Clisante, then you should complain to whoever wants that done.

I am not even in the batters box taking a swing at those issues as you imply.

So, let us keep on eye on the movement of whores/whoremongers to the east end of Pedro Clisante, and also to what happens to Sosua Beach, shall we?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As a woman, I find the term "whore" offensive because of the negative connotations attached to it (e.g. a promiscuous woman).
That is the second definition of a whore. I refer to the first definition when using the word. Feel better now?

whore

hôr

noun​

1. A prostitute.
  2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
  3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
That is some serious coin for a beach shack. They even stone veneered the elec pole. Very Cosmopolitan. Looks like they might actually get it completed.....before it gets knocked down. Apparently this guy did not get the memo.
Hard to believe anyone would spend this kind of money without assurances from gob.do, inside track for the future.
Not good enough for money laundering as in high rises.
I doubt he is loco???

Time will reveal all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Most Dominicans don't consider women who receive payment for sex to be whores. It's a deeply ingrained part of the culture. It's looked at differently situations like Sosua where it's out in the open, in the public eye. They certainly don't refer to themselves, to Dominican men in such a manner. This is all just a case of an English speaking and seemingly mostly American in this case group trying to impose their words and values on or for Dominicans.
True . If I used the word whore with my extended Dominican family here they would not even know what it means.

They would use the word Puta.

TRANSLATIONS DICTIONARY

puta​

[poo-tuh]

WHAT DOES PUTA MEAN?​

Puta (plural, putas) literally means “whore” in Spanish, but depending on the context, it can also function like the English ****. It is often exclaimed in frustration or surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is this the definition of Dominican in your dictionary?

They certainly are promiscuous and interested in the principles of personal gain in every aspect.
Your people, your country enjoy if you still can, otherwise resort to chanting with evangelicals about a god you don't believe in.
Occupational therapy for the aged with incapacities.
Of course there is always playing music in whore town for retirees, as unpleasant the location may be to you you keep on coming.
Money or boredom?
No, this is English, but please see post 489 directly above for clarification of whore translated to Spanish.

I will enjoy the DR the best I can, thanks for that. Bringing up religion is taboo here. I don't care what people do behind closed doors.
It is the DR government that wants these people moved.

I don't play for the money. But I won't play for no money. Hence I am no fan of the "open mic night".
If you never played live music in front of people, you would not understand why performers do it.
There is nothing else like it.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
We're not discussing the USA nor are we in it. Is this not off topic?

I'm only poking fun but how is your statement valid?
As if Dominicans would be concerned about whores or mongers.
Every local has them, most play with pretend religious fervour.
Any sexual activities by Dominicans by far outnumber anything gringos engage in on P.C.

In addition the gringos by far and large are better behaved than Dominicans.
Dominican abrasive behaviour is witnessed by us all in the neighbourhoods.
Saw the idiots in La Union fighting on La Concha?
Loud music, races on the Hyw.,kids and dogs roaming without supervision.
The few obnoxious Jet Blue guys and Neo Nazis with tattoos are still a minority, in comparison to Dominican crime and malfeasance.
And if they don't like the illegal Haitian whores roaming the country,
Stop the illegal entry.

Why worry about US verbiage and twisted US morals in the DR.

Windy is a Dominican, so get used to what your people want.
Wether it is sexual corruption of politicos or citizens, it'll never cease
Despite of brave public announcements.
We are Dominicans and so is Windy.
Welcome to your country.

Reactions: Big

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You are, quite simply, wrong. As I mentioned already, I am using the word correctly. Unless of course you want to debate with those who actually set the definitions for whoremonger, eh?

My usage of whores and whoremongers, is precise, accurate and correct!
Here is another dictionary link in case you still have any doubts:

I won't respond on the semantics about monger, as it seems that it depends whether you come from North America or other English-speaking counties, and also the mod has asked us not to.

However, I do wonder why you find it so necessary to continue to use words that you can clearly tell some people find offensive, when there are very obvious alternatives, such as "girl" and "man".

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Most Dominicans don't consider women who receive payment for sex to be whores. It's a deeply ingrained part of the culture. It's looked at differently situations like Sosua where it's out in the open, in the public eye. They certainly don't refer to themselves, to Dominican men in such a manner. This is all just a case of an English speaking and seemingly mostly American in this case group trying to impose their words and values on or for Dominicans.

No,
The Dominicans call those women sister, novia or wife.

If they were capable of gratitude they would say,
Gracias Gringo not gracias a dios who has never yet payed a bill.
But si dios quiere, the activities will cease, so far god is proving of prostitution and covid.
Dominican Windy better get used to it and his governments incompetence, despite pretty words and promises.

Abinader,
"El tourism en Punta cana y Puerto Plata es el motor de la Republica."
Let them play, as the income is better than that created by Dominican whores, illegal Haitian whores and Dominican mongers.
Lets see when they are pronounced the motor for RD.

Enjoy your chosen country Windy, maybe you can take up writing in the media of your country in Spanish to help educate your people.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nobody questions whether whore is a word, it is whether it is acceptable to use that word anywhere, even behind a keyboard. Lots of words just like it in the dictionary.
Nothing wrong with calling it like ya see it. Remember, offense is taken not given.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I miss all of those beautiful ladies of the night.

Reactions: ctrob

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you have issues with moving what the government considers and undesirable "show" out of sight and out of mind to the east end of Pedro Clisante, then you should complain to whoever wants that done.
I want it done.
Feel free to complain to me as much as you want. Six or seven years ago I would have said just the opposite. When was the last time some of you took a walk down PC late afternoon? Feels more like an exibit at the Jacksonville Zoo than the Sosua I remember. Round up the spandex gorillas along with the people who continue feeding them and send them somewheres else.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I won't respond on the semantics about monger, as it seems that it depends whether you come from North America or other English-speaking counties, and also the mod has asked us not to.

However, I do wonder why you find it so necessary to continue to use words that you can clearly tell some people find offensive, when there are very obvious alternatives, such as "girl" and "man".
I use words which I consider fit the situation . And whore and whoremonger fit the Sosua situation succinctly.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No,
The Dominicans call those women sister, novia or wife.

If they were capable of gratitude they would say,
Gracias Gringo not gracias a dios who has never yet payed a bill.
But si dios quiere, the activities will cease, so far god is proving of prostitution and covid.
Dominican Windy better get used to it and his governments incompetence, despite pretty words and promises.

Abinader,
"El tourism en Punta cana y Puerto Plata es el motor de la Republica."
Let them play, as the income is better than that created by Dominican whores, illegal Haitian whores and Dominican mongers.
Lets see when they are pronounced the motor for RD.

Enjoy your chosen country Windy, maybe you can take up writing in the media of your country in Spanish to help educate your people.
I have no interest in writing the news. I simply read the news and see what might happen.
Then when I post something about those things, people assume incorrectly that I am either for it or against it.
Those assumptions are amusing to me.
If you like to assume such things, carry on.

You are correct that the government is not concerned about the whoremonger dollar in the least.
Nor do they care about snowbirds. They are simply too small a factor to worry about.
Short term AI tourists and Cruisers remain the focus for revenue.

But please, do carry on making false assumptions as to my personal opinions.