Trouble at Perla Marina

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
actually perla marina is one of the hottest locations on the North Coast - Post covid all properties that had been available were sold in a flash - some people are cashing in ans selling now as prices have sky rocketed - if you look at most other urbanisations they are South of the main road - perla is north and the proximity to the beach makes it v attractive - your observation re for sale might have been correct maybe 5 years ago but not any more.....
Can you give links to the properties recently sold at Perla Marina? Thanks.

Jun 7, 2006
actually perla marina is one of the hottest locations on the North Coast - Post covid all properties that had been available were sold in a flash - some people are cashing in ans selling now as prices have sky rocketed - if you look at most other urbanisations they are South of the main road - perla is north and the proximity to the beach makes it v attractive - your observation re for sale might have been correct maybe 5 years ago but not any more.....
I would agree. Developments on the beach side of the highway score higher as investment locations. Nothing like walking to a sandy beach.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have they sorted the water issues in Perla Marina?

It is true there is nothing like being close to the beach so that anything metal or electronics are destroyed on a regular basis.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

It is true there is nothing like being close to the beach so that anything metal or electronics are destroyed on a regular basis.
No, water supply issues still exist there as they do in many places on the North Coast. Yet they still allow construction of huge projects without the issue being addressed.

I agree that being right on the beach is bad for metal and electronics, but Perla Marina is big enough that many houses are further from the beach than, say, parts of Costa Azul. I think that what citizenofnowhere is getting at is that you don't have to cross any main roads to get to the beach.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No, water supply issues still exist there as they do in many places on the North Coast. Yet they still allow construction of huge projects without the issue being addressed.
As long as buyers don't realize that until the sale is done. the sellers are all good.
I agree that being right on the beach is bad for metal and electronics, but Perla Marina is big enough that many houses are further from the beach than, say, parts of Costa Azul. I think that what citizenofnowhere is getting at is that you don't have to cross any main roads to get to the beach.
The front gate of Perla Marina is 1 Km from the ocean. Still plenty close for ocean damage throughout the entire development given the prevailing north east on shore winds.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

After a month , found the most annoying thing was the noise of the ocean when I wanted to sleep…

Reactions: windeguy

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Yes. The only people who want to live close to the ocean are the ones who have never lived close to the ocean.
I do live in front of the beach for more than 6 years and LOVE it .Definitively, be smart in choosing material so does not getting rusted in a couple of months is a must.Does add-up a maintenance cost ,no question about it.. However ,nothing can replace a view to the beach from almost any rooms in my house. Especially when the beach is a sand beach and an amazing place for kiting . In addition ,the price has really skyrocketed for first row lot/house in the past 8 years. See increase in second row and further as well but definitively not as much with the profusion of new constructions ...So ,as an investment ,if I decide to sell or rent one day ,I would have being happy to pay for the extra maintenance to be in front of the beach.

Peace.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Any updates on the litigation ?

Routing for you guys and hoping for the outcome you seek.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Any updates on the litigation ?

Routing for you guys and hoping for the outcome you seek.
According to my man on the spot, the judge who was allocated the case has been on sick leave for the past couple of months and as a result the case has stalled. Draw your own conclusions!

• Sad
Reactions: rover