Unrest Outside Cabarete

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Escott said:
Why not just wait to hear facts instead of making jumps to another planet? You don't even know what happened, why it happened nor the reasons behind it. Give it a rest until you do.

I don't have a clue what the people had or didn't have. Anytime you listen to BS rumors and start forming opinions of such you are not doing yourself a service but a disservice.

Scott

I have this strange ability to view pictures posted in newspapers

No CONCLUSIONS, only OPINIONS, No JUMPS, only statements and personally am not trying to do myself a service or disservice

How do you know I am listening to BS rumors?

I am not in need of rest, doing fine thank you

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Beware the truth, it will bite you in the ***

Rocky said:
Dude, you've gone off the deep end. Sky implied nothing of the kind. You may be hallucinating it to serve your own motives, whatever they may be.

No you don't understand, despite me explaining it several times. It's quite obvious that you don't want to understand as you have some special agenda going on.

Get real. You overestimate my business. It's way too tiny and insignificant to be affected by world politics.

Then stop acting as if you know what's going on.

Now you've got me in bed with Mr Mike? Sheesh, Mr Mike lives in Santoago, far, far away from all of this.

I think you have some issues to resolve in your own mind.

I already explained all this in a previous post, but as usual, you weren't listening and you must have been busy just trying to read between the lines, looking to stir up some shyte.

Yes, this describes you very well.

Are you my Daddy?

I beg to differ. Your guessing leaves a lot to be desired.

Sorry Lambada, this guy is trying to spread panic, or something.
I just couldn't help myself. If someone doesn't shut this guy down, people might start believing him.

Funny how truth scares some people

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
to timeless dreams

i see you posting sometimes on the NEKS group so I think you are a kitesurfer perhaps looking to capitalize on the growth on Kite Beach. If you are considering opening a kite school at the road house or on that part of the beach, i suggest you talk to Ari at Bic Center who tried to run a school there for about two years, or Tim who is doing some teaching for Gordon at the windsurf resort who was the manager for Bic's school. I also suggest you talk to some of the other schools and hotels on Kite Beach about potential revenues. Good luck with whatever you decide and I'm very sorry that your dream got put on hold, but am glad that you found out before rather than after!

Marina
www.kitexcite.com

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
KrackedKris said:
I have this strange ability to view pictures posted in newspapers

No CONCLUSIONS, only OPINIONS, No JUMPS, only statements and personally am not trying to do myself a service or disservice

How do you know I am listening to BS rumors?
One day you will figure out how things work here. You talk without having knowledge.

I wouldn't move or even go to the DR if I were you. I wouldnt invest in Real Estate in the DR if I were you. My opinion is you wouldn't like it here.

Scott

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
How things work

Escott said:
One day you will figure out how things work here. You talk without having knowledge.

I wouldn't move or even go to the DR if I were you. I wouldnt invest in Real Estate in the DR if I were you. My opinion is you wouldn't like it here.

Scott

Scott

I have been traveling to the DR since 1974, one visit while on Business and a myriad of vacations starting in 1990

I feel I know how things work "here" far better than most ex pats, as I know how things "work" in Guatemala, Bosnia, Kosovo, Manila etc. Knowing how something works and accepting it are two different animals

In fact, just spoke with Bill Kirkman's office about the situation and filled him in on the action as I see it, I doubt any response will be forthcoming, but they (US Consulate) are starting a new and seemingly intensive "survey" of Americans living in the DR I referred him to you for further information :D

I will be sure to look you up for a "lesson" in life next visit :)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh Man!

Here we have a very real situation that has many of us that live here quite upset, whether the people were squatting, or the buildings were illegal, what happened is really upsetting and worrying. All of us who live here would like to know the facts.

There is a reason we are down here. Simply we don't want to live with US "standards". As in most things, we lose some and we gain some. We don't have 'due process' as it is understood in US terms... We have 'jungle justice'.

That is my piece for the day. Anyone that discovers the real story behind the Cabarete Incident, please let us know. Any other US vs The World debates you can really keep to yourself.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Confusion

Chris said:
Here we have a very real situation that has many of us that live here quite upset, whether the people were squatting, or the buildings were illegal, what happened is really upsetting and worrying. All of us who live here would like to know the facts.

There is a reason we are down here. Simply we don't want to live with US "standards". As in most things, we lose some and we gain some. We don't have 'due process' as it is understood in US terms... We have 'jungle justice'.

That is my piece for the day. Anyone that discovers the real story behind the Cabarete Incident, please let us know. Any other US vs The World debates you can really keep to yourself.

Now I am really confused "Here we have a very real situation that has many of us that live here quite upset, whether the people were squatting, or the buildings were illegal, what happened is really upsetting and worrying" by Chris

Yet Scott and Rocky deny anything happened ? What is going on?

As far as "US V The world", look to your friends in Cabarete for the origins of those remarks :)

It would be interesting to get hard intel, but who do you believe?" Posters with a vested interest, people who care about human rights, "news" papers or info services

It appears thatthere is not a level of consensus on anything that happens in the DR, or am I missing someting?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Still no news

Chris said:

No matter how many people I speak to, I can't get the straight dope on what happened.
It's all theories and conjecture so far.
A lot of the structures there did not observe the 60 meter law and it may have something to do with that.
It certainly would be nice to know the truth.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
KrackedKris said:
It appears thatthere is not a level of consensus on anything that happens in the DR, or am I missing someting?

Maybe you're not missing anything. We're all kinda crusty individuals out here. Consensus? The opiate of the masses, or am I missing something?

Of one thing I am quite sure however, that is that someone in our DR1 community will find the facts and report them right here.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Does anyone know which branch of the military was involved? Although my son was forced to take three of them to Cabarete, he had his hat so far over his eyes (so that no-one could recognise him) that he did not take the time to figure out who these people were that jumped into his car.

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Chris said:
Maybe you're not missing anything. We're all kinda crusty individuals out here. Consensus? The opiate of the masses, or am I missing something?

Of one thing I am quite sure however, that is that someone in our DR1 community will find the facts and report them right here.

I think you are missing something........Consensus simply implies a general agreement, of facts in this situation :bunny:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
KrackedKris said:
........Consensus simply implies a general agreement, of facts in this situation

So the facts become facts when the consensus agrees that they are indeed facts? Geez, I rest my case.

By facts, I actually meant answering some simple questions, eg., who requested this action? who approved this action? Why? and on What Basis?

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Preponderence of evidence will suffice

Chris said:
So the facts become facts when the consensus agrees that they are indeed facts? Geez, I rest my case.

By facts, I actually meant answering some simple questions, eg., who requested this action? who approved this action? Why? and on What Basis?

As far as consensus agreement making facts, that is your assessment not mine. A preponderance of anecdotal evidence provided by the majority is a far better barometer of actions than opinions by those with interests in the outcome of an event.

Unlike the people of certain countries, I still believe in the majority rule :disappoin

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
KrackedKris said:
As far as consensus agreement making facts, that is your assessment not mine. A preponderance of anecdotal evidence provided by the majority is a far better barometer of actions than opinions by those with interests in the outcome of an event.

Unlike the people of certain countries, I still believe in the majority rule :disappoin

As for the 2nd paragraph, I believe in fair and equitable rule whether it is majority or not - and then question would be, a majority of what?. Majority rule by definition is certainly not a synonym for fairness and equity.

As for the 1st paragraph, there is a independent journalist doing interviews with camaras and equipment on the site as we speak, recording this whole thing. No idea which "side of the fence" he is on. Let's see how much anecdotal evidence he can gather. I would lay a bet that the anecdotal evidence, especially by Dominican folks, is certainly growing more colorful moment by moment.

Juan

Apr 22, 2003
Sosua Problems

Seems like they are ready to bulldoze the casitas on Sosua Beach!!!!!!!!!! The guy from the new hotel paid someone off and claims to have title to the beach. That would displace thousands of workers!

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Chris said:
As for the 2nd paragraph, I believe in fair and equitable rule whether it is majority or not - and then question would be, a majority of what?. Majority rule by definition is certainly not a synonym for fairness and equity.

As for the 1st paragraph, there is a independent journalist doing interviews with camaras and equipment on the site as we speak, recording this whole thing. No idea which "side of the fence" he is on. Let's see how much anecdotal evidence he can gather. I would lay a bet that the anecdotal evidence, especially by Dominican folks, is certainly growing more colorful moment by moment.

I don't know how much of a fair result you can acheive when you go against the majority.

We went against the majority in the US and got Bush, in the DR the majority elected Hippo, in South Africa an overwhelming majority fairly elected Mandella, that I like :)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What??????????

Juan said:
Seems like they are ready to bulldoze the casitas on Sosua Beach!!!!!!!!!! The guy from the new hotel paid someone off and claims to have title to the beach. That would displace thousands of workers!

I thought "the law" was, you couldn't buy the beach. Or was this "amended" by the new Protected Areas legislation?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm planning to go down there and have a look a little later in the day. Can we get press and reporters down there?

Dolores, Robert, do you have press contacts that can report?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lambada said:
I thought "the law" was, you couldn't buy the beach. Or was this "amended" by the new Protected Areas legislation?

Maybe Hipo has sold some land that wasn't suppose to be sold? Retirement fund?

We're all just guessing till an official report comes out. I've been waiting all day but there's nada on the DR1 news report today.

Juan

Apr 22, 2003
My report are not facts from any "officials", just told to me by 4 different vendors. Seems some of them will be staying in their shops and bars overnight in vigillance. They supposedly received the news via word of mouth. This can also be beliefs from what happened in Caberete.