Updates on Overstay Tax

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
We needed a printed receipt from one desk to get a stamp at an other desk so they covered that.
At POP the agent who took the money, the desk farthest to the right, would walk me over to the desk where they stamp and would tell that agent "está bien" and I would get my passport stamped, they had the racket worked out.

Reactions: Notengo

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Does anyone have an actual link with Migracion where this fee schedule can be found? I've looked on their webpage and can't find anything.

Hold on. Let me stop what I'm doing and put on my I'm So Shocked face. A Dominican Government website not including key information? Gosh, who would believe it.

Reactions: David B

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I always wonder why government websites like that of Immgiracion of DR ( one of THE most visited countries in the world) is so incompetent and not up to date with tech advances in the world. They can have a very user friendly website designed with thier budget to make it easier for millions of travelers AND locals. Like having to search deep into a haystack for a freaking FEE SCHEDULE that we have to pay ! like cmon bro . get with the freaking times . customers have to deduce to an online forum to try and ask what the fees are ??? I mean wow just wow

Why do no Dominican websites ever work properly. Even the foreign companies like IKEA and Scotiabank suddenly become completely crap when they morph into the Dominican version.

But I agree, government websites are in a league of awfulness of their own.