vet in POP needed URGENTLY

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she is, i think, on her last legs. tried to give her water, she was not happy. i am starting to think rabies...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I don't have any more that I can help with. And I'm very sorry for that. Perhaps others can help.

Keep her warm. Hydrate as much as possible with the syringe. You might want to put a blanket under her butt. (Ya.. I've been here before.)

Try Judy and Dr. Bob in the AM.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
tried to call dr bob, it looks like it is wrong number.
she is much worse now...

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Where did you get her. Dr. Bob mentioned that a lot of cats lately had rabies. Do you know if she had her shots? We see him all the time (we live in Cabrera) and he is amazing so listen to him. I PM'd his cell (sorry wrong number first time) so please try. Maybe he will pick up, maybe not (he has to have a life, too), but if he does please listen to him. He knows a lot!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
OK. Nothing anyone can do. It is up the her and a little comfort and liquids from you.

It is 11:30 PM.

Wrap the girl up in a towl so she can not move around to much but not restrict her. Give her some water/milk via the syring. Go to sleep. She and you are better in the Am. one way or another.

It's late, very late, so good night.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
cannot be rabies, or poison if she had it last week as well...

some vets here do over-vaccinate here. We lost a chihuhua due to that

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
de la cruz in sosua is a good vet, and has 24 hours service... unfortunately I cannot find his number at the moment

he is right across from city market

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
dv8, do you have by any chance a baxter of saline laying in the house and a syringe set for the baxter? If so, give her a good bubble of the saline in her neck, it helps rehydrate her and maybe dilute whatever she might have swollow. Just lift up the upper neck skin and stick the needle attached to the baxter just through the skin, open valve and let the saline drip in until a big bubble forms under her skin. Its the best second way for an intravenous.

She needs to pee as much as possible, its your best option for the night. If the kidney's fail with such a young thing, its over.

Last edited:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
It's midnight. I know and have used De la Cruz. But in short.... NO. Have YOU seen his work?

I have seen him do some pretty serious emergency work on my big Malinois and I was pretty satisfied but he is not a great talker. Do not know about regular scheduled procedures he does.

In any case, discussions which vet would be best done another time, doesn't help dv8 at the moment...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
dv8, do you have by any chance a baxter of saline laying in the house and a syringe set for the baxter? If so, give her a good bubble of the saline in her neck, it helps rehydrate her and maybe dilute whatever she might have swollow. Just lift up the upper neck skin and stick the needle attached to the baxter just through the skin, open valve and let the saline drip in until a big bubble forms under her skin. Its the best second way for an intravenous.

She needs to pee as much as possible, its your best option for the night. If the kidney's fail with such a young thing, its over.

You are right. A saline bag with sub injection is the best thing we/you can do now. Hydrate. No bag... keep giving her fluids.

I knew someone would come to help. Thanks Acria

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
spoke to de bob, very kind man. he says the kitten is in the state of epilapsy, most likely. rabies not quite possible. good think because now i have been bitten too.
anyways, managed to get hold of diazepam, only in pills but i cannot do any better at night anyways. it is a controlled medicine and i am lucky to have gotten it as it is. i gave her a pill (part of it), hopefully she did swallow some. giving her honey to keep her anime up. she is locked away in a box in a dark, quiet room, away from stimulants. i do not have much hope but if she survives she goes to sosua first thing in the morning.
i am in pieces...