vet in POP needed URGENTLY

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
pichi would not be here if it was not for dr1 team. everyone who chimed in and everyone who sent us wishes deserves the credit for pichi's life and her recovery.
so far she is doing way better and i dare to hope she will survive.
i am very grateful to have a bunch of gringos help us :)
i know people have worse problems but what counts is that we do try to help each other in the time of need.

~Kudos DV8..this is what I was talking about when the folks of DR1 come together and help others from pure compasion....and we leave stupidity at the door when it comes down to a life on the line......PERIOD....my prayers and thoughts are and will be included with Pichi...she's a tough little Kitteh...

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I was so glad to read that your kitten is feeling better - I know that makes you feel better as well. Still thinking of you and hoping for continued improvement.

Your kitty has people from all around the world pulling for her - that has to count for something. :D

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
update:
against all odds pichi is doing better and better. she spent some time locked in the bathroom and now she walks freely around the house. still receives her meds, i am sure it will take her a while to recover.
she eats for two, as always, and tries to bite bigger cat so she ends up being rolled on the floor, squeezed and sat on (too bad for her as bigger cat is 15 pounds now).
i keep on telling pichi that some crazy gringos are keeping their fingers crossed in hope she gets better :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a little xmas update:
pichi had few bad days once or twice. we had to inject her with diazepam and practically knock her out with drugs. but amazingly she's doing well, growing fatter and happier. she receives her meds 3 times a day and we have some serious stuff just in case.
dr bob told me there was little hope for her but so far so good! i can only pray she gets better and better.
here's a picture with our other cat, tumi, also known as fatso :)

25aji8j.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
little update, nearly one year later:
pichi is still alive and doing well. posting lost of pictures of dr1 lately, i see. very hard to stop pichi from visiting agora mall, i tell you! :) ;)
she is well. we will sterilize her soon as we suspect the seizures have hormonal background. but so far so good. she is retarded thou: she cannot jump, has poor orientation in space and does not behave much like a cat. but she is alive and well. she has a good house and we care for her. she's had a chance in life and she does not let go :)
here is pichi sleeping today on a sofa-cama:
ou4lyr.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no, it is idiopathic epilepsy. probably hormones play a part because pichi get attacks even now, whenever she is in heat. he will start going around in circles, fall on the floor, stiffen up, pee herself and then relax again. talking to her and holding her down helps to calm.
she still takes meds three times a day and she is great with that. good luck giving medicine to fatso, our other cat, i'd be shred to pieces, but pichi is cool about that.

sterilization should help but it also presents great danger of death. so we are sort of slow with that decision. dr bob sees pichi occasionally and has declared to take her in in case we are both on holidays. in fact she spent two day at his place once and spent all this time feasting on pate :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
again, the resurrection of an old thread. in one hour we are leaving (kitteh and me) for sosua. doctor bob will operate her (sterilization).
in a way it is not a must: she does not go out ever; but we suspect some of her attacks are connected to the hormones, she gets zapped every time she's in heat. so off she goes. it will not cure her but maybe, just maybe, it will improve her state with weaker and less frequent attacks.

i will have about two hours to kill in sosua, not sure what to do :( i will be so nervous...

but you know what? this kitten proved to be chuck norris of a feline kind. she has taken everything life has thrown at her head on (literally) and she keeps on winning. maybe i should rename her charlie sheen :)

so keep your fingers crossed, folks! i will keep you posted!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
again, the resurrection of an old thread. in one hour we are leaving (kitteh and me) for sosua. doctor bob will operate her (sterilization).
in a way it is not a must: she does not go out ever; but we suspect some of her attacks are connected to the hormones, she gets zapped every time she's in heat. so off she goes. it will not cure her but maybe, just maybe, it will improve her state with weaker and less frequent attacks.

i will have about two hours to kill in sosua, not sure what to do :( i will be so nervous...

but you know what? this kitten proved to be chuck norris of a feline kind. she has taken everything life has thrown at her head on (literally) and she keeps on winning. maybe i should rename her charlie sheen :)

so keep your fingers crossed, folks! i will keep you posted!

Judy and Dr. Bob share the same parking area so you can walk over to Judy's and ask to play with some dogs or cats. It will keep you busy and the animals will love you.

Good luck.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You don't know what to do in Sosua? You can walk down the street in your skin tight clothes and say "Hi Papi" to every tourist looking man you see.
Der FIsh
scuse me? i do not use skin tight clothing. today i am wearing short shorts and transparent top!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
transparent top!

I want to see. If you show me, I will dance for you!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I_0VKzC1EIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
You don't know what to do in Sosua? You can walk down the street in your skin tight clothes and say "Hi Papi" to every tourist looking man you see.
Der FIsh

Buahahaha I just visualized her doing this... ahahaha I can't - my eyes buahahaha

... seriously she needs a experienced sidekick... like me... buahaha

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Please let us know how it turns out for Kitty.

My last Dr Bob visit for neutering a kitten was troublesome.
Fingers crossed for you!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ladies and gentlemen, chuck norris is BACK! :bunny:
pichi has been left at dr bob's at 12 midday, at 2pm ready to go. we just came back home and she is confused and sleepy but alive and well.
4.000 pesos it cost me. or a short flight around POP i didn't get to do. but you know, i will have many opportunities to take off and kitteh came first this time!