WARNING: Stay Off My Roads at Night

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Take away their lights & horns and Dominicans "won?t know how to drive".

Opsss..... sorry, I think that was an oxymoron!

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR
I also installed a mega double horn. I expect to see some motos in front of me levitating a few inches...:cheeky:

I was gonna go the train horn route, but after one use my sled would be the target of chopo envy.

Soy Dominicano...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... One problem is there is often no lines-much less reflective paint or raised reflectors-on the road and no streetlights. .......:cheeky:

Many Dominicans use the "Painted Lines" as a guide point to center their cars between lanes...

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Maybe you could put some really low lights, and they'd see the errors in their ways, and buy a Prius or something. Maybe with an apology letter.

Hell, I'm considering putting a pair on my rear bumper just for the trucks with the entire bright light rack who wants to tailgate.

I'll be looking like this soon:

close-encounters-of-the-third-kind_tuba.jpg

LOL CB, the lights on both your cars were very weak to begin with so you were constantly in a disadvantage, I understand the need to "improve" them ;)
Are you going to "tune" your cars also with the melody of this movie looking for respons? :bunny:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
LOL CB, the lights on both your cars were very weak to begin with so you were constantly in a disadvantage, I understand the need to "improve" them ;)
Are you going to "tune" your cars also with the melody of this movie looking for respons? :bunny:
They weren't weak. The lenses were cloudy, very typical of cars with a few years on them. Jochy, my contract Nukuler Physicist/auto mechanic, polished the ones on the Xterra to clear as new as well installed the Death Zombies Retina Killers.

He took the guagua yesterday to install a small nukuler reactor to power new Death Beams.

I am set.:smoke:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I also installed a mega double horn. I expect to see some motos in front of me levitating a few inches...:cheeky:

I was gonna go the train horn route, but after one use my sled would be the target of chopo envy.

I want one of the fire truck horns they use in Florida, it?s not really a horn, just PURE irritating noise, unbelievably loud.

Main use will be for those running red lights.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Say! They are scuttling the Space Shuttle Program, maybe we could pick up some of those landing lights????

HB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Who will win the war?

It is a war and war requires a different set of survival skills, and that set does not include diplomacy.
Nor courtesy or intelligence.
Thus sooner or later one "gallo" or drunken "tiguere" will riddle your vehicle with his "ametralladora"* or crash into it.

Of course the judge will put the whole blame on you as you blinded the poor guy (who has no driving license nor insurance or papers to his car).

donP

*)
Yes, they now have those... bought from police or DNCD or from
"hijos de papi y mami" who imported them (see Santiago 'aduana' scandal).

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Nor courtesy or intelligence.
Thus sooner or later one "gallo" or drunken "tiguere" will riddle your vehicle with his "ametralladora"* or crash into it.

Of course the judge will put the whole blame on you as you blinded the poor guy (who has no driving license nor insurance or papers to his car).

donP

*)
Yes, they now have those... bought from police or DNCD or from
"hijos de papi y mami" who imported them (see Santiago 'aduana' scandal).
They'd never be able to identify me in court. Their retinas would be so seared the entired world would look like a partially microwaved marshmallow.:cheeky:

Look, I've literally almost killed a half dozen folks at night, riding unlit black motos wearing black clothing, drunks staggering out onto streets, motos just ~stopped~ in the road on a dark night, etc.

I WILL see stuff in the future.

And I'll bet after a courtesy flash with my new Rod and Cone Blasters they WILL drop their lights down.

It's the Dominican way.

Y'all can harrumph harrumph and grumble about civility. This is the Dominican Republic. I will adapt.;)

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Can I buy a Delorean?...You know, the one that flys.....with the good headlights....

Unless you drive here at night you don't know what is going on...I do a lot of night driving in this country and sometimes you need some bright lights to be able to see the side of the road or you are just blinded by the other driver...anyway my point is, if you don't drive here at night your comments are worthless......way to go Cobraboy, where did you get the lights, I was looking at installing aircraft landing lights on my car...might even see cuba or puerto rico

Not, I've been driving there since 1995,(been back and forth 76 times,average stay 2 wks-1 month(varies) lived there for 14 months...always drove at night,and pretty much have seen most of the Country..(not everywhere)...and good for you if you have lived there longer or are Dominican, whatever......But unless you are Dominican....you are a guest in this country, and I don't care if you are set up here forever,you will always be a guest, it is their Country....this High Beam thing is an old story.....adapt,live with it.....because you'll never change their habits.....I totally GET IT, It SUCKS with those lights flashed in your face. I know this place is not about safety,and for the MEEK.....but it is also not about Sun Tzu's Art of War....(somewhere in between).....I know you guys were joking around about who can flash the highest beams, bigger is better...bla bla bla,.....Like CB once said, in another thread about motorcycle helmets, YOU have a responsibility to you families and your loved ones, why put yourself at risk?...the oncoming car,pedestrians...etc...etc...Why paint a target on your VEHICLE, for retribution THAT WILL COME?....This is a battle you can not win, adapt,whine, live with it, (don't be a total wuss)...but I wouldn't draw attention to myself with modified headlights, because if you do..... BAD things will happen........and the people who were discussing this whether in jest or not are smarter than that.;)

arg1118

Mar 11, 2010
Only the strong survive

That is one thing I always appreciated about European cars, they came with mighty powerful lights stock.

kick the tires and light the fires..... I support you Cobra boy:bunny:

Feb 7, 2007
This humble soul would request the information relative to the acquisiton of said proton lights if available for use on lowly VW Golfs...

I, too, suffer from this aversion by the local populace to lower their beams...

OR, a light bulb just popped up, did you mount these atomic powered photon beams on a light rack above your shuttle????

Humbly,

HB

Is this available in 9007 version? Where? The website...?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what about a set of nice discreet car-to-car missiles? you could mount them james bond style on the side of your car...

Reactions: AlterEgo

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Let there be light.

And I'll bet after a courtesy flash with my new Rod and Cone Blasters they WILL drop their lights down.
Many have ONE beam only (no matter high or low) and no switch.... :cheeky:
and with 2 tons of platanos as load you only have ONE beam.... :bunny:

Y'all can harrumph harrumph and grumble about civility. This is the Dominican Republic. I will adapt.;)
It seems that your new toys have at least brought some enlightenment...

donP

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
what about a set of nice discreet car-to-car missiles? you could mount them james bond style on the side of your car...
This would be sweet...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Nug5FZgxuk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Nug5FZgxuk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Needs some serious high-beams, though...:cheeky:

Feb 7, 2007
CB I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! your idea. I was contemplating myself to install "landing lights" front and rear. I have heard the "two blinded drivers stuff..." there's some truth to it, but I am also SIIIICK of high-beams blinding me.

Now I installed Silvania Xtravision the light's much better than before, I had to adjust headlights all the way down and I still get flashed at on lowbeams... imagine highbeams. The bulbs have some special glow...have never seen that much light on "regular" (halogen) bulbs on lowbeams. And they are just 55/65W.

BUUUT I love the Nuclear Lights! Pending budget considerations, i would install ones! But WHERE do I get them?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
CB I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! your idea. I was contemplating myself to install "landing lights" front and rear. I have heard the "two blinded drivers stuff..." there's some truth to it, but I am also SIIIICK of high-beams blinding me.

Now I installed Silvania Xtravision the light's much better than before, I had to adjust headlights all the way down and I still get flashed at on lowbeams... imagine highbeams. The bulbs have some special glow...have never seen that much light on "regular" (halogen) bulbs on lowbeams. And they are just 55/65W.

BUUUT I love the Nuclear Lights! Pending budget considerations, i would install ones! But WHERE do I get them?
Area_51_28_August_1968_3.jpg

Groom Lake Midnight Specialty Parts Sales...;)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
My Sweet Little Laser Hummer

ac5t7q.jpg

The laser is a solid-state direct-energy beam by Boeing and shoots an "invisible beam just a few centimeters in diameter and 20 times hotter than an electric stovetop.

This is the answer to road cowboys.... :cheeky:

donP

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Rice, where exactly did you drive at night, and when was the last time you did so here? The driving at night has changed over the last few years, and that's probably why cobra installed good lights. Driving in the city, or the autopista you don't need good lights, but go between Sabaneta and Moca, or SF to Cotui or Naverette to Monte Cristi or Gasper Hernandez to Samana its a whole different ball of wax, and the reason to get good lights is to see the road so you don't go off it rather than blind the other guy as you are being blinded.