WARNING: Stay Off My Roads at Night

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Mike, I agree, about the tree....(am I rhyming?)..........Just Kiddin........too much stuff to do..(don't wanna die just yet), be careful on those roads!!......

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Mrs assisted just with one Glass before bedtime,
I am on the 2nd Bottle Rose,
so I will not start to Rhyme, ha ha ha.
I will always be careful by the Fisherman's Means,
on the Road and anything else,
by other Means i find living too careful seems boring,
and I don't wanna die bored to Dead, lol.
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
the Mrs assisted just with one Glass before bedtime,
I am on the 2nd Bottle Rose,
so I will not start to Rhyme, ha ha ha.
I will always be careful by the Fisherman's Means,
on the Road and anything else,
by other Means i find living too careful seems boring,
and I don't wanna die bored to Dead, lol.
Mike

my motto in life exactly... die at whatever age... but live life at the fullest... instead of leading a boring, healthy life and die demented at the age of 90...:bunny::bunny:

I might regret that motto later on.. but hell no... I won't... lol

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
It's better to burn out....than to fade away......

my motto in life exactly... die at whatever age... but live life at the fullest... instead of leading a boring, healthy life and die demented at the age of 90...:bunny::bunny:

I AGREE................:pirate:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

without bothering others,
with that addition it comes close to my Style, yes.

but in case of Headlights at night, to stay here on Topic,
my lifetime Rules got their first exception of the Rules since I moved down here a good 15 years ago, ha ha
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha,
nooo,
I am not the Nuts Freak for that.
running my Fishmobile on A/C(i personally never use it, but the Mrs and Friends request it qhen on the road for longer rides) plus a good DVD and Sound System(I am not the Idiot to put every equipment up to the point where sound just blares plus a bit more, but when I drive alone you will def hear me) plus a good lightning been all together near the edge for the Car, so I simply upgraded the Generator side.
a second Batterie is absolutely not needed for such,
one well maintained strong battery covers all,
when using the equipments anyways the Car's engine is running,
so the power comes from the generators, not from the battery.
I am absolutely not the Kind who park's his Car somewhere on a public Beach and tries to be in ""Music"" competition to the other dozen "music" Cars on the same Beach, the opposite, I hate such bothering Nutheads and my freely speaking out such to 'em makes once in a while for the above mentioned ""enjoy Life at Full"" lifetime Parts.
like Robert said,
with Time we simply get a bit Adjusted/blend in,
nothing bad about that
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I hear you about the music, etc...

Mind you... in my humble experience... AC/DC has probably costed me several 1,000 ? in traffic fines in Europe...:bored:

I have discovered that this kind of music, somehow, through no fault of my own, makes me drive faster than I should... lol...

And somehow the judges never understood this... eughhhhh

PS... I never liked German judges either... I once had to advance 75? for a speeding ticket in Germany, for speeding... and the court decided I had to pay a 73 ? fine... I got a letter asking whether I wanted the 2 ? refunded or would like to have it donated to the police's charity fund... I will NEVER donate anything to a police organisation... so I demanded the refund... never got it...:bunny:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha ha
you never get it refunded,
they put it in your 'Bill' and you get it deducted on your next Ticket.
you should better have agreed to donate the 2 euro bucks,
denying so put you on the black list,
where ever stopped for what ever reson the guys will know that you've been "taca?o", ha ha ha.
and hey,
Big several hundred pounds per piece Fishie On mean's "Rock'N'Roll" Baby,
specially in a business grown up with mostly US American Customers,
even that myself since a decade or so often personally prefers a good ole fashioned Country Music over a heavy speaker Metal,
what doesn't mean that you don't hear me from far when Garth Brooks let's ya know about his Friends in low places, lol.
and the last years it is anyways more and more taken over by very sympatic and more smooth Canadian Customers,
that large but Tiny populated Country is actually the Mayor Player in PC Turism.
a very nice Crowd.

no more speed Tickets,
and specially not due 'too loud music' in the Car, not existing, lol.
we are on Island Time now,
you have around a Year down here, right?,
so it's time to get used to it:

the highest high beam get's the Road,
who doesn't have a spare bottle of cold beer handy when stopped by the Cops 3AM is a Looser,
you arrive during a Holiday Weekend on the Public Macao Beach and nobody 'heard' You before they saw your Car, that meaans you are still just a Gringito.
at the Colmadon some Drunk talks dirty to you or your Mrs and your Dog aside did not bite right away His Azz, that's bad Dog Breed,
or as a actual example, happened 2 nights ago right here in Cabeza de Toro Town, a 2 weeks ago arrived and since then permanently drunk spaniard arrived in Town, I sit late afternoon with my Austrian Buddy at the Colmadon on our 2nd Pequenita Light of the Day, after he been lucky to survive some really not appropriate talking to some locals who been on their way from their work at the excursions here to the Bus back home to Higuey, he started to name Us some %$@# ruling the streets Bast$$$$, but just a talker, even that he always tried to 'grab' but failed due missing Balance, when we ordered the 3rd Beer at our often frequented street place the Politur showed up(later on the owner of the Colmadon told me he called them) and handcuffed him to have a good nights sleep before somebody would hurt him seriously, lolol.
I saw him again yesterday eraly morning there, fresh shaved, and hey, surprise, he even changed clothes, and again today when we came back from Higuey and grabbed a beer(same changed clothes from the prior day, lol), he politely moved out and looked for an other seat when we came in near 'his' place, darn, Espania, El Dolor de Cabeza del caribe,

just a few examples of ""Adapting to the Isle"",
like Cobraboy mentioned.
in each part of the world things are like they are,
you should never come with the intention to change them,
just get part of the locally present life,
bring in some positives from Own back home good ole back in the day Education,
enjoy it in full where ever you can,
and forget about thinking of the hints and kinks when we are aged 90.
think all at it's appropriate Time.
to think about the 90's is IMHO appropriate to take care of when 89.99 ahead.
Mike

May 5, 2007
Robert;

What you need are the "Acquisition lights" they use on the rear of the KC 10 Extenders, designed for Aviators to get a visual acquisition on the Texaco 20+ miles out. Don't know if you need a PW 100 to run a gen-set though :)

Worse comes to worse, you could pop 10,000,000 candle Mag flares, but that wouldn't help your night vision much either

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Be careful

I know its gonna sound pathetic but be careful, if you blind the on-coming guy badly enough its a 50-50 bet the result is a head on colision with you. Then no-one got the last laugh.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Very Bright?

I didn't see the part about the headlights being the cause.
Apparently you missed the part where cobraboy said he changed his stock headlights with an over the counter variety he bought locally which no doubt are no brighter than many of the new cars on the road now.

We are not told what caused the accident.
It does not matter really.
The quoted article is just an example what can happen in this country after an accident.
[Mind you, many a fender bender has resulted in somebody getting shot.]

Given the aggressiveness and rudeness on Dominican roads this is not surprising and it was pointed out as an escalating danger by others as well.

donP

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Given the aggressiveness and rudeness on Dominican roads this is not surprising and it was pointed out as an escalating danger by others as well.

donP

Dominicans certainly take a back seat to the States when it comes to road rage.

Although I expect this type of commentary from you. In fact the only other people I've encountered that cristicize Dominicans more are a handful of PR on the Univision boards, otherwise you just about take the cake Don.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Dominican Way is Best

Dominicans certainly take a back seat to the States when it comes to road rage.
How would I know?
And why would I care?
I do not hail from the US and in my home country shootouts after accidents are not known.

the only other people I've encountered that cristicize Dominicans more are a handful of PR on the Univision boards, otherwise you just about take the cake Don.
Thank you.
But you have it all wrong.
I do not really critizise (please check your spelling :cheeky: ) but just observe and usually add the link to a corresponding newspaper article.

I am not here to change things and I don't mind the way they are done (or rather: I do not care any more...).

donP

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I?m speechless Chip!

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Onthat d@mn road between San Pedro and La Romana, I lost a dear friend last night. I do not know how it happened but you can see the results here: Muere en accidente mujer carretera LR San Pedro

Her husband Fernando was my golf partner for years...her children my kid's friends, closer than close...

What a sh!tty couple of weeks...d@mmit!! Just the good people...

HB