What’s next for a crackdown on Haitian migrants as the Dominican Republic leader enters a new term?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What's next? Hopefully an increase in deportations of illegals. Las Terrenas seems like a good place to start from other threads on DR1.

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
What's next? Hopefully an increase in deportations of illegals. Las Terrenas seems like a good place to start from other threads on DR1.
Are you going to start another Las Terrenas and French bashing thread?

Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are you going to start another Las Terrenas and French bashing thread?
Oh no, not at all. This is about the Haitian problem in LT that was pointed out in graphic detail in another thread right here on DR1.

It would seem LT would be well served by a number of big green buses at this time. Team Luis, after all, has complete control in their overwhelming victory on Sunday. And he did make promises, didn't he?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Oh no, not at all. This is about the Haitian problem in LT that was pointed out in graphic detail in another thread right here on DR1.

It would seem LT would be well served by a number of big green buses at this time. Team Luis, after all, has complete control in their overwhelming victory on Sunday. And he did make promises, didn't he?
Do they ever go after the employers who knowingly hire illegal Haitians? I don't recall seeing that in the news.

Now, where my kid works has been raided once, but nothing on the employers, just the Haitians.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Do they ever go after the employers who knowingly hire illegal Haitians? I don't recall seeing that in the news.

Now, where my kid works has been raided once, but nothing on the employers, just the Haitians.
That does seem very unfair

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Like I've said before, immigration needs to be working from 7pm - 7am if they want to make a
real difference.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They could also go to job sites during the day time.
Indeed they could.

Perhaps afterwards they could go to the bars in Sosua and Cabarete too?
Oh wait a minute... they did that once already only to have to turn around and
issue an apology in both the English and Spanish press across the country.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Indeed they could.

Perhaps afterwards they could go to the bars in Sosua and Cabarete too?
Oh wait a minute... they did that once already only to have to turn around and
issued an apology in both the English and Spanish press across the country.
It was a complete mistake to issue an apology to illegals. They should have continued doing that as well.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Approximately how many Haitians are there in the DR. How many legal and how many illegal ? I have also met Dominicans who were second generation immigrants with Haitian names and they were like Dominicans obviously.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Approximately how many Haitians are there in the DR. How many legal and how many illegal ? I have also met Dominicans who were second generation immigrants with Haitian names and they were like Dominicans obviously.
Pretty hard to count as they hide and don't exactly present themselves to Authorities. Some schools have more Haitian students than Dominican students. In the barrio close to where I live if immigration comes by many Dominicans hide the Haitians, giving lie that Dominicans hate Haitians. Many of the Haitian kids that are born in the DR are given Spanish first names by their parents.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Pretty hard to count as they hide and don't exactly present themselves to Authorities. Some schools have more Haitian students than Dominican students. In the barrio close to where I live if immigration comes by many Dominicans hide the Haitians, giving lie that Dominicans hate Haitians. Many of the Haitian kids that are born in the DR are given Spanish first names by their parents.
I guess they don’t know

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is a bit hard to count illegals that walk across the border, so the numbers are unknown.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Many of the Haitian kids that are born in the DR are given Spanish first names by their parents.
Taking it a step further...
It was not uncommon, for many years, for Haitians in the countryside to pay Dominicans to register their children by signing the local birth certificates at the local campo/ Amos and Andy registration office therefor giving an untold number of Haitian children Dominican citizenship at birth. I've also been told by Dominican Pastors that the local clergies/ NGOs were often instrumental in these business transactions...
for a small fee of course.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe the population in the DR wouldn’t be growing if it wasn’t for the Haitians. It is not my impression Dominicans have that many children anymore.