"What about your saucepans?" update

debinatore

Apr 6, 2006
I think there are still some left at the Impresion Islena Gift Shop in the San Juan shopping centre, but I don't know how much they charge. Unsigned I am afraid, but I will try to get to Punta Cana at some stage.

Matilda

Thanks, I'll check it out next time I'm there. :)

Pilarimar

Jul 27, 2013
I just finished reading your book this morning. What an array of emotions I experienced! Thank you so much for putting your story out there for us. I enjoyed it very much.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
What an incredible read! An Expat that truly immersed herself into the DR Culture. True Story! The writing is really good, and
you get a really good sense of who's who, because the characters are descriptively developed. This is a Non Fictional story and
I found it gripping and not able to put down until I was finished. Cant wait for Book 2!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks so much Contango I am glad you enjoyed it. You may have to wait a while for Book 2, although am working on it in my head at the moment. The great news is that an Oscar shortlisted director is reading the book so fingers crossed they might make a film of it.

Matilda

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"The great news is that an Oscar shortlisted director is reading the book so fingers crossed they might make a film of it."

:) Hope you keep posting after becoming famous!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"The great news is that an Oscar shortlisted director is reading the book so fingers crossed they might make a film of it."

:) Hope you keep posting after becoming famous!

naah. when she becomes really famous, and the movie becomes a blockbuster, someone is going to ask her about her fans at DR1; her response will be...

DR1? what is that, and how is it eaten?

just kidding, Matilda.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I can play "Hipolito"!!!!!!
An ugly, fat,bald, stupid, lying, thieving,ignorant, fool, who goes around saying really inappropriate things!
"Type casting"????????????????????????
You Decide.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I can play "Hipolito"!!!!!!
An ugly, fat,bald, stupid, lying, thieving,ignorant, fool, who goes around saying really inappropriate things!
"Type casting"????????????????????????
You Decide.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Can I say "don't forget perverse" w/o you getting offended CC? :) Fingers crossed Mat.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Alas CCCCCCCCC, to the best of my recollection Hippo isn't in What About Your Saucepans. There were, however, some other characters who fit the "talents" you listed above.

After much discussion in the Chat Room, we've privately already cast several of the main characters. Don't call Matilda, she'll call you......

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
So I better get my book autographed before the movie is made and we won't have access to you any more. Hahha
On a serious note, are you ( Matilda) going to be on the North Coast anytime soon?

drescape24

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
No plans to be on the North Coast soon, but I might be going to POP airport to pick someone up next month. I will let you know.

Matilda

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
what about your saucepans

love the book ... bought it yesterday on Amazon... love it... I ll be there soon... cant wait

Taking the advice of Cris Colon, I now have an advertisement in the classified section of DR1 and I can update you about the progress of the book.

The book is selling well, with over 50 five star reviews on line. To be honest, I had no idea so much was involved in the marketing, and most of it is now done on line so here is the latest update.

1. For those of you who haven't bought the book but want an idea of what it is like, you can read excerpts here: What about your saucepans. This site also has a glossary of the main terms used, for those of you who read the book and want more information, plus some FAQs. If anyone has any questions having read the book then let me know and I will include them in the FAQ.

2. The book is also on goodreads at What about Your Saucepans? by Lindsay De Feliz - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists so anyone who is a member there, please review or say you want to read it!

3. I have had an interview published here Lindsay's deep diving and this site also has a great expat writing competition where you can win 1,500 euros so well worth entering.

4. Another interview here, with Aunt Clara on her Dominican cooking site My Dominican food: Lindsay de F?liz - writer - Dominican Cooking

There are more interviews and articles in the pipeline. Thanks to all of you who have bought it so far!

Matilda

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have an autographed copy of "Sauce Pans".
Got a copy signed by Matilda in Sosua, thinking someone in SD would like to have a copy, but couldn't get there for the "Book Signing".
It is available "FREE To A Good Home", you just have to send me a "PM" to get together, and it's yours!!!
First come gets it.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Just to let you all know that "What about your saucepans?" is now available on Apple ibooks (just for Robert), Nook from Barnes and Noble and Kobo. It will shortly be rolled out to a range of regional e-books formats such as Kalahari in South Africa and Whitcoulls in New Zealand.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Fabulous review of the book by this famous blogger and writer. She lives in Canada and also writes beautifully about living there, so it is a blog well worth following.

Review of

Matilda