"What about your saucepans?" update

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
just wondering how the second book is coming along....when will we all get a chance to read it

Aug 6, 2006
If alcalde is mayor, then what is the difference between sindico and alcalde? Are there diputados? Consejales?
Perhaps someone could give the equivalents for the names of political offices. THey do not seem to be the same in every Spanish speaking country.

Not that I am a real mechanic, but one thing that can cause great amounts f white smoke coming out of the tailpipe is a defect in the turbocharger. if your jeep has none, ignore this.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If alcalde is mayor, then what is the difference between sindico and alcalde? Are there diputados? Consejales?
Perhaps someone could give the equivalents for the names of political offices. THey do not seem to be the same in every Spanish speaking country.

Not that I am a real mechanic, but one thing that can cause great amounts f white smoke coming out of the tailpipe is a defect in the turbocharger. if your jeep has none, ignore this.

Turbocharger? It is a 1988 Dodge Raider so not sure it has one of those.
Sindico is the word the Dominicans use for Mayor but in the run up to the last elections they tried to get them to use the word alcalde which is the Spanish word for Mayor. Sindico in Spanish means more of an administrator. The word alcalde is used in the DR for local mayors, not really a political person but in the campos each area has someone in charge of disputes. Most Dominicans still use the word sindico for the municipal mayor though. Usually over animals wandering onto other people's land. Each municipality also has regidores or coucillors. The deputies in the Chamber of deputies are called diputados and the senators are called senadores.

Matilda

Tracym

Jul 15, 2015
Taking the advice of Cris Colon, I now have an advertisement in the classified section of DR1 and I can update you about the progress of the book.

The book is selling well, with over 50 five star reviews on line. To be honest, I had no idea so much was involved in the marketing, and most of it is now done on line so here is the latest update.

1. For those of you who haven't bought the book but want an idea of what it is like, you can read excerpts here: What about your saucepans. This site also has a glossary of the main terms used, for those of you who read the book and want more information, plus some FAQs. If anyone has any questions having read the book then let me know and I will include them in the FAQ.

2. The book is also on goodreads at What about Your Saucepans? by Lindsay De Feliz - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists so anyone who is a member there, please review or say you want to read it!

3. I have had an interview published here Lindsay's deep diving and this site also has a great expat writing competition where you can win 1,500 euros so well worth entering.

4. Another interview here, with Aunt Clara on her Dominican cooking site My Dominican food: Lindsay de F?liz - writer - Dominican Cooking

There are more interviews and articles in the pipeline. Thanks to all of you who have bought it so far!

Matilda
Just bought your book, look forward to reading it! Best if luck. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I always have to go tell myself after reading these kind of occurrences: it doesn't affect me, it doesn't affect me. Else I'm packing.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It doesn't affect you lol.

Matilda

Exactly....but it's the unfairness and corruption that makes me not want to live here....and THEN I tell myself: it doesn't affect me, I'm living my life, with my family, we are doing fine, etc etc., and the corruption taking place at many levels in the society doesn't change that.

Too bad for you and your husband. I read your book and what you experienced the elections of 6 years ago, and now again, that must be demotivating. I hope something can still be done.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing for you to be bothered with, mauricio. there is always some kind of behind the scenes fcuk up that annoys people: the law, the crime, the corruption, whatever it may be. it's not something that should ever concern you. if it it's beyond your power to change then why worry?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks Mauricio we are fighting and will keep on fighting till the end and if we don't win this time we will keep on fighting. This country and the people need people to fight for them. In the meantime takes lots of care of your family and enjoy the good.Thanks for reading the book.

Matilda