What would happen to the DR if?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
What are you talking about HB? Don't have a cow man! My post is nothing more than a total exaggeration. A fictional rendition of what it would take for JMB773 to become a Dominican, nothing more.
As are most of your posts
Now if your so willing to admit that some Dominicans "blame all evil", as you put it, on Haitians; maybe now you would also be willing to admit that more than a few posters on here (US variety) wish the DR nothing but the worse. As a matter of fact, most on this forum wish the DR had a total economic collapse in the hopes that maybe then they could stretch their retirement check just enough to be able to afford the luxuries most upper-class Dominicans flaunt on this Island.

As far as where is this thread going? Well I'll allow those much more knowledgable than both you and me on Haitian Dominican affairs (Frank Recktenwald) to drive the thread back on track. How is that?
Thank you for that "compliment" but I beg to differ, I can learn a lot from HB from you I only learn how to whine like a little child and how to make a
lauhginghorse.jpg

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
As a matter of fact, most on this forum wish the DR had a total economic collapse in the hopes that maybe then they could stretch their retirement check just enough to be able to afford the luxuries most upper-class Dominicans flaunt on this Island.

This is a matter of opinion, not fact. And as one of the US gringo variety, I'll venture a guess and say most wouldn't want the masses to suffer so their retirement check will go farther. (If they wanted to live in places with total economic colapse, there are better countries to choose from, including neighboring Haiti.)

I'd happily spend my retirement in the US, knowing that all my Dominican friends are having the best economic times of their lives. Then they'll be able to come visit me and we can remember when times were tough in the DR.

I also believe that even the Haitian "haters" would feel good about them going back home to a thriving economic situation, it's just not going to happen.

We haven't had a poll in awhile, perhaps there's one here somewhere?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Thank you for that "compliment" but I beg to differ, I can learn a lot from HB from you I only learn how to whine like a little child and how to make a
lauhginghorse.jpg

Why the hostility?

Fact is, I never expect you to learn anything, from me or otherwise. After all, we all know, it's kind of hard teaching an old dog new tricks.

Nevertheless, I see you've mastered the theory of international dumb-assery. Good for you!

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
This is a matter of opinion, not fact. And as one of the US gringo variety, I'll venture a guess and say most wouldn't want the masses to suffer so their retirement check will go farther.*

(If they wanted to live in places with total economic colapse, there are better countries to choose from, including neighboring Haiti.)

I'd happily spend my retirement in the US, knowing that all my Dominican friends are having the best economic times of their lives. Then they'll be able to come visit me and we can remember when times were tough in the DR.

I also believe that even the Haitian "haters" would feel good about them going back home to a thriving economic situation, it's just not going to happen.

We haven't had a poll in awhile, perhaps there's one here somewhere?

I suppose so, however, my post is as much about opinion as oppose to facts as HB's post.

Why so nasty? However, I will admit that there are people who do blame all evil on the island to Haitians....seen it several times. And if they can't lay it at the feet of Haitians, then gringos (US variety) are the next best whipping boy.

HB

What is a fact are the amount of threads associated to economic collapse on this forum. Such are the "Recession 2008, middle class threads, and the many other threads relating to malls, drugs and high-rise towers within the country.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
yeah, but Lando, that would make you a DomYork, no? attitudes are different in the folks who grew up here on the isla... pelo malo and all that stuff

even my very dark trabajadora from Barahona vehemently asserts that she is NOT Negra but INDIA and Espanola

Trujillo altered the books.. those who were educated here under Trujillo were taught that they were Spanish and Indian.. Haitians were from Africa.

We all learned a lot of disinformation in school.......
Indio/a means mulatto in Dominican jargon.

And its not just limited to those "born and educated in the Trujillo years."

Here's a recent interview in which Iamdra Fermin clearly states that when it comes to relationships, she doesn't like black or white guys but instead prefers to find "a balance" with an "indiecito."

She's Dominican, white, good-looking, college educated, of an upper-middle-class background and successful.

What does she means by indiecito? A mulatto (mixed black/white) guy. That's it.

Skip to 7:36 minutes:

<iframe width="640" height%