When is self-defense called murder?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Oh boy, this should be the most clueless post for the last month.

And why do you say this?Have you any idea how much cash can go through a street dealers hands ina day? I doubt it, or you would not consider my post clueless,quite the opposite infact!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for the love of god, what the f**k is wrong with you, people!? are you so blood thirsty to condemn a guy to death for a f**king petty theft? yes, maybe this dead dude lived off stealing but this is not the reason enough to want his death. think about one of your kids doing a stupid thing when drunk or drugged (yes, they do drink and try drugs, you did not bring them all up to be angels on earth). would you be happy if someone killed them for attempted theft of a car/cellular/beer?
put your heads in a bucket of cold water and think again, damn it. and no, i am not a fool who believes in patting thieves in a head with a fluffy teddy bear. i am all for hard punishment, flogging would be nice. but i think the pay should be in proportion to crime.

couple of years ago we had a thread about prisons and i was called barbarian for wanting good old fashioned newgate style carcel: work, bread and water. no visits, no tv, no privileges. have limits, folks, really...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
for the love of god, what the f**k is wrong with you, people!? are you so blood thirsty to condemn a guy to death for a f**king petty theft? yes, maybe this dead dude lived off stealing but this is not the reason enough to want his death. think about one of your kids doing a stupid thing when drunk or drugged (yes, they do drink and try drugs, you did not bring them all up to be angels on earth). would you be happy if someone killed them for attempted theft of a car/cellular/beer?
put your heads in a bucket of cold water and think again, damn it. and no, i am not a fool who believes in patting thieves in a head with a fluffy teddy bear. i am all for hard punishment, flogging would be nice. but i think the pay should be in proportion to crime.

couple of years ago we had a thread about prisons and i was called barbarian for wanting good old fashioned newgate style carcel: work, bread and water. no visits, no tv, no privileges. have limits, folks, really...

OK D, flip it, this guy was trying to harm your old grandad?
Petty theft willend in one of the two being murdered if the victimdoesn't hand over, that is real. In my day we would help old men and women home with shopping bags,not rob them!

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this, my dear, you never know. my brother used to steal radios from cars where he was a teenager. was caught. got suspended sentence and was under the close watch of probation officer for many years. learnt his lesson well. exemplary citizen now.
it does not have to be that way. a thief is an individual human being. some will end up killing but some will learn. no reason to kill them off straight away.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anybody that welds a weapon upon me is a dead man. PERIOD. And I have one notch to prove it.

lafiera

Apr 26, 2009
Street Justice, I love it. :cheeky:

I'll bet nobody will fark with that old man ever again...

You wanna rob someone? Do it at your own risk. The risk includes an ugly death. Caveat Emptor.

And nothing like a keyboard hero preaching what "HE'D a DONE" in Porky BadAss 20/20 Hindsight fashion.

I've been in the middle of a home invasion, two intruders. I can tell you that a person has NO idea what they'd do when that happens, and no idea how much adrenalin is coursing through your brain and veins in that moment...

I doubt the oldster knew if the punk was armed or not. I don't blame him for beating the crap out of him to alleviate any possibility of reprisal...

Well done!

It's not a victims responsibility to ensure the health and safety of a thug.

Cabron boy, You don't know what are your talking about. This is something Rush Limbaugh will say. You see cabroncito boy I'm watching my spelling.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Remember this was not a street robbery. This man was being robbed in his own home. Most countries have the equivalent of the "Castle Doctrine". By law a person is able to use deadly force upon an intruder into his home (castle). I would expect the DR has the equivalent to this doctrine which has roots dating back to the Roman empire. The Castle doctrine in most jurisdictions has ne requirement for the homeowner ro retreat or warn the intruder.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Why in the world would the old man hang the dead body from a beam in his kitchen........
That alone sounds psycho.......

B in Santiago

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
BUT, at the same time.. one has to think that whenever you got your attacker on the ground there should be a possibility for you to see the difference between self defense, fckng dude up, killing dude!

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about the robbers at any time.. but I'm so happen to be in a mode where I have to say IT'S STILL A LIVE / HUMAN BEING!
At the end of the day, we never know how the guy beat him up.. was it on the body or on the face?! Was dude knocked out or what!?!

Yeah yeah yeah, robbing people is not the way to go..

Maybe one day you will be in a mode where you will say IT'S HIM OR ME

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Killing a guy over 6,000 rds??? Come on!!!

I know it is a lot of money for a lot of people over here, like a months wages. But killing him over it??? With a stick???

Let us be honest... he had the right to defend his winnings. He had the right to beat the other guy with a stick, to do so...

But, after he beat the other guy into unconsciousness, he could have trussed him up, and called the police... He did not have to continue beating him untill he was dead...
BelgianK

Did he admit it, did you see him or are you presuming it ????????????

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
If the attacker suffers a fatal blow while being repelled, too bad.

If the attacker has been incapacitated and is clearly no longer any threat and then he is executed, that is murder.

Attacker, attacker tell me are you incapacitated ?????????When you are sure that the attacker is going to kill you it is called self defense

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

Alcool and drugs are not excuses to commit crimes

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How does a 75 yr old has the strength to beat a 40 yr old to death ????

Either the 75 old was a former wrestler on steroids or the 40 yr old was a crackhead terminally ill with Aids.

I don t believe this story !

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm kind of with Africa here. The old guy looks very much his age and very skinny. The young guy looked rather normal other than having his legs strapped in a maternal position, wellandbeing abit dead. From the photos he would have had tohave knocked the guy cleanout before stringing him up. My guess is witch craft ceremony and sacrifice which I hear is on its way over with our loving neighbours!!

I love Campo,full of nutters!

He placed the thief like this to be sure he couldnt get away when he woke up. And when the thief didnt wake up he left him there and called the police.

One thief less to worry about if you ask me. No matter what the Cumba-ya-my-lord members of this board wish for.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am inclined to cut the old guy a lot of slack and he would be justified to do anything to stop the alleged attack including blowing the guy`s head off.

But if he was able to knock the attacker out, he would not be justified to tie him up, string him up, and torture him to death with a hammer, machete, wood, etc.

In the absence of any witnesses, the old guy deserve the benefit of any reasonable doubt.

Last edited: