When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We are “trapped” here and only returning citizens can travel here and I guess Americans can leave on ferry flights. The ferry flights to the US seem to continue.

True, but if you take one, you have no idea when you can come back unless you're a citizen. No thanks.

Personally, I have no home in the USA and don't want to hotel-it or sister's basement-it for the duration.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I just read a ferry flight from Spain with 199 Dominicans arrived in the DR today. This was a special repatriation flight. 14 tested positive for Covid-19.

You have to think 50 plus additional souls were infected during the flight.

Let me know when POP re-opens now.

• Wow
Reactions: etolw

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
People who did not even HAVE Corona Virus , talking about it as if they are experts on the Topic..
perfect .

Social Distancing is a MYTH.. it absolutely does not do anything other than DELAY the eventual , ,which is that 100% of the population will be exposed to Covid 19 ... there is a Zero probability that you will not be exposed to it .
Touching surfaces and getting infected , CDC just admitted this is also a MYTH.. this is not how it spreads .

Keep repeating what you watch on the MSM ...and stay ignorant
The statement that social distancing is a myth is unadulterated hogwash.

Jan 9, 2004
August.

And the President has requested an additional 25 days to continue the State of Emergency.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I thought Vestida de novia was the paper towel they wrap the bottle with :unsure:
"cerveza, vestida de novia” es una cerveza servida muy fría, tanto que al sacarla del congelador, la botella se cubre rápidamente de blanco, se forma una película de hielo al congelarse la humedad del aire sobre ella, este es el punto de frio como a mí me gusta la cerveza Presidente.(y)

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
That is what the article said. Unbelievable. Of course Madrid was happy to see them go but how did the airline allow them on the damn plane.
Yes it is hard to believe. I only found this news article of recent flights which was Monday, can you share your source?
No mention of infected, but the test results takes at least one day, so it could be same flight.

Reactions: GusFring

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
1590627323704.png

30 (feels like 36) right now in Mtl.
And the sun set half an hour ago.
A "ceniza" would go down well.

• Love
Reactions: Africaida and etolw

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The statement that social distancing is a myth is unadulterated hogwash.

Then first explain how 60 % of all NEW Cases of Covid were people who self Quarantined since the beginning of the outbreak . Self quarantined ... read it one more time .
Let me clarify, 6 feet ( the accepted current definition of Social Distancing) does absolutely NOTHING to prevent being exposed .. being on a Deserted Island , yes, that would certainly work.. being in a town with ZERO cases of Covid , yes that would work... But if you are out in public, among infected people, 6 feet does not protect you. this is not hogwash , this is a proven fact .Or perhaps 6 feet in the DR is different from the rest of the world ?

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
Sorry I have not been looking at the thread that much for the Past week. On this thread I made it known that friends of mine who are permanent residents in the Dominican were flying in from Canada on March 19 and were told when they got on the plane in Canada that Punta Cana knew they were coming and everything was fine. When they got down there the officials had changed their mind and would not let them off the plane and they just had to return back to Canada

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Sorry I have not been looking at the thread that much for the Past week. On this thread I made it known that friends of mine who are permanent residents in the Dominican were flying in from Canada on March 19 and were told when they got on the plane in Canada that Punta Cana knew they were coming and everything was fine. When they got down there the officials had changed their mind and would not let them off the plane and they just had to return back to Canada
Its another thread under legal. I asked that specific question if people with permanent residency in the DR can travel to the DR during the national emergency. Right now it looks like only citizens can.

Oct 11, 2010
I believe the poster you question, jd426, has publicly stated within this web forum that he was diagnosed and recovered from Covid-19.

That works for me as far as being supremely informed, and quite possibly an expert on the matter at hand.

Our opinions may differ.

That WORKS for you?

You REALLY BELIEVE that being diagnosed and recovered from Covid-19 makes a person "supremely informed" and "quite possibly an 'EXPERT' on Covid-19.

AN EXPERT ? ! ? !

Great.

A little analogy.

Just spitballing, but let's see.

Someone I know was diagnosed with a blocked coronary artery. He was successfully treated with surgery and recovered.

So now, according to what works for you, he can speak intelligently about the intricacies of CAD (Coronary Artery Disease) with his board certified cardiothoracic trauma surgeon and explain to the public about the etiology and pathogenesis of the disease with factual, accurate and verifiable information?

AN EXPERT ? ! ? !

jd426's previous post clearly shows that not only is he NOT an "expert on the matter at hand" but is clearly purporting confirmed protocols as MYTHS and then continues with his admonishment . . . "Stay Ignorant"

You're right, our opinions differ.

I'm just curious about how you arrived at yours.

Reactions: Timotero
Oct 11, 2010
People who did not even HAVE Corona Virus , talking about it as if they are experts on the Topic..
perfect .

Social Distancing is a MYTH.. it absolutely does not do anything other than DELAY the eventual , ,which is that 100% of the population will be exposed to Covid 19 ... there is a Zero probability that you will not be exposed to it .

Touching surfaces and getting infected , CDC just admitted this is also a MYTH.. this is not how it spreads .

Keep repeating what you watch on the MSM ...and stay ignorant

Simply HAVING the Corona Virus makes one an expert??? Really???

Social Distancing is no MYTH and is doing exactly what the scientific and medical community expected, reducing the immediate burden on the health care system, thus saving lives.

"100% of the population will be exposed"?? 100%??? And "there is ZERO probability that you will not be exposed to it." ZERO???
Those are some pretty absolute numbers, care to share with the laity how you came up with those percentages.

The CDC DID NOT admit touching surfaces and getting infected was a MYTH. What they actually stated was that after further investigation, contact surface spread was less likely than originally predicted. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sure many people are getting their information from "MSM" but what I would like to know is where are you getting yours.

Stay ignorant.

Reactions: Timotero
Status
Not open for further replies.