When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I booked this flight weeks ago and I don't see any other flight this entire month. So I guess I got lucky.

HOW CAN I CAN BACK INTO USA??? I dont see any flights or ferries from Dominican Republic to USA????

Does anyone know how you can get back to USA from Domincan Republic?
I don't think you will have to worry about gettting out of the DR.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
There won't be any regular flights back from the DR until after 7/1 when the airports are deemed "open". You must contact the airlines directly to see if there are any more ferry flights scheduled from the DR to the US. Try JetBlue or United. The ferry flights do not show up on-line.
I found a couple with united to new york. What are ferry flights? How do you find them if they arent online?

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I booked this flight weeks ago and I don't see any other flight this entire month. So I guess I got lucky.

HOW CAN I CAN BACK INTO USA??? I dont see any flights or ferries from Dominican Republic to USA????

It has been posted previously (scroll back 2 or 3 pages), that there is a ferry flight from SDQ to Puerto Rico on Sundays.
Contact Jet Blue.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I found a couple with united to new york. What are ferry flights? How do you find them if they arent online?

Mr. Scott, you state that you will be arriving at approximately 11am.
May I ask what time you are departing Puerto Rico?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
10 to 1 Scott doesn't make it onto the flight
45 to 1 Scott doesn't make it past DR immigration

Coming here as a tourist passenger on an inbound ferry flight? A waste of time and money.

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
The disorganization amazes me lol.

Just got off the phone with the Dominican Consulate in Chicago about my residency visa (off topic) but they assured me I couldn't travel from the U.S. as a tourist until at least July 5th.

And right now the process of turning around the residence visa application is up to 12 weeks.
You can’t get a residency in the US at the Dominican consulate. You have to get all your US documents they want you to have and file for a visa (business, retirement etc etc). After the consulate gives you that visa back in US, you come to the Dominican and go to immigration office with all those documents and visa and then apply for a residency. That takes about 3 months to get after the application has been submitted

Reactions: aarhus

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

JetBlue has flights scheduled from SDQ to JFK almost every day. However, many of them do end up getting cancelled. They're flying down empty(except for some Dominican citizens occasionally). If there's not enough booked to go back to JFK, they cancel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
10 to 1 Scott doesn't make it onto the flight
45 to 1 Scott doesn't make it past DR immigration

Coming here as a tourist passenger on an inbound ferry flight? A waste of time and money.
Are there inbound ferry flights from PR? I don't think so.

Your odds are way to generous. Reality is closer to Infinity to 1 for a passenger flight.

Reactions: Caonabo

David B

Aug 31, 2017
How are people leaving dominican republic to come back to USA??? I dont see any return flights to USA until July?? I head something about ferry flights or a ferry?
HOW DO YOU GET BACK INTO USA? If I fly from Puerto Rico to Santiago and want to come back in a few days I am only going to get my medicine from the hospital and want to come back to Puerto Rico or anywhere in the USA how do I do this?? Are any airlines operating??

Three flights to NYC out of Santiago today, Thursday, June 4. I'm sure there's at least one out of Santo Domingo, too.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Three flights to NYC out of Santiago today, Thursday, June 4. I'm sure there's at least one out of Santo Domingo, too.
This must be American citizens some dual Dominican-American leaving for the US and they know now they can soon return on regular flights.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I was hoping to watch his flight using flightradar24. Something tells me I won't be seeing it.
He would have more luck using a ferry yola, upon it's return to RD waters.

Reactions: slowmo and aarhus

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
After 98 pages there are still people that don't know JetBlue has flights from SDQ-JFK almost every day(might get cancelled if not enough passengers), and that you can't fly from the US to here unless you're a Dominican citizen.

Reactions: windeguy and aarhus

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
After 98 pages there are still people that don't know JetBlue has flights from SDQ-JFK almost every day(might get cancelled if not enough passengers), and that you can't fly from the US to here unless you're a Dominican citizen.

How about there are still people booking flights to Anywhere-DR to go to the farmacia ?? :ROFLMAO:

I trying JFK-Subatadora next week, I don't care, wish me luck 💃

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
We are all with exitement awaiting the grand opening in July.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

My daughter has been trying to book JBlue this week...
Flights kept disappearing
On the phone, they told her that many were full.... SDQ - JFK

as they were talking the woman said - oops, June 12th just opened a seat.... she took it.
Her boyfriend is flying the 11th - SDQ 10am to JFK -- JBlue

I searched last evening online and found June 21st... same 10am flight
She took that one - xcelled the 12th

Both she & he are connecting thru to LHR.... via BA at JFK

Lots of flights out - still !!
and seemingly full.....whatever that means these days

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Just confirmed!!! My flight June 5th from San Juan to Santiago is operational! They say they heard from several people the whole July 1st thing but the flight is officially confirmed and open to US citizens only requirement is return flight. I will be back in DR tomorrow!
Scott,you are going to be extremely disappointed tomorrow. I hope you don't have a long journey to get to the airport because it will be all for naught.

Status
Not open for further replies.