Why Can't "Duminicans" Close ANYTHING ????

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
In my case I am the one forgetting to close things leaving it open in the kitchen. toothpaste in the bathroom. It is my Dominican girlfriend telling me to close it. I am a Duminican.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Many Dominicans can't take criticism. punto

Dios, Patria, Libertad is on the coat of arms on the flag.

In real life it's "No es mi culpa".

Me? I'm not going anywhere. My presence here doesn't depend on any of you thin-skinned whiners.

I know Dominicans who can laugh at the absurdities of their culture. I know a few who understand the absurdities of US culture and we roll on the floor laughing as we compare notes.

Lighten up people. Too many of you have sticks up your butts.

Reactions: mido

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Since Dominicans "can't close anything," being one of them, I had to open my mouth.

They, they, they, they Dominicans, theyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Why can't they do this? Why can't they do that?

But those of you living among us and constantly insulting us do not leave our place.

What's keeping you in the DR? Leaaaaave!

With love,
Norma

I would leave except for all the Dominicans that moved into my neighborhood or Barrio as it's now called back in New York

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
As the saying goes consider the source. Read some of CCCccccccccc's posts from way back. He is a joker. A comedian in his own style.It takes a while to get used to his style. He has calmed down a lot. If he bothers you put him on ignore.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you consider me a newbie then I don't know what to say, maybe CC can be just joking, or maybe there's an inside joke between you "olders" posters. But the way he come across to me is downright insulting. Maybe I am missing a funny tone between the lines, but that's just me.

If another poster not as "old" and "respected" as CcccCCCcc opens a thread this way you will be first one jumping on him telling him that's how it is and he needs to adapt as he is an outsider coming from another country as you have previously done on countless threads.

Let me give you a little history lesson.

CC has been posting on here since day 1, he has helped 1,000's of people and been an excellent contributor over the years. In the early days he was out of control, so I made him a mod, against many posters advice. He turned out to be a fantastic mod, a legend on DR1.

Sure, he has a warped and sometimes blunt sense of humor, but if you read between the lines, CC has an excellent grasp on Dominican culture and you can learn a lot, sort of like AZB. If you have a problem, add him to your ignore list, this is why we have the function.

Some of us go way back on here and have shared more than a few beers and meals with each other over the years, call it the "inner circle" if you like, hehehe.
We don't have "etched in stone" rules at DR1 and some posters are given more rope than others for obvious reasons... and that my friend will never change on DR1.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Hey CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

I liked your joke about the .357 and shooting cans. :cheeky:

Too bad it was deleted. :ermm:

The mod's these days have no sense of humour. Snip snip cut cut. :ermm:

So sanitized. :ermm:

I'm tired about reading ... "where can I get a SIM Card for my I-Phone" ... "Help me with the lyrics of this new Bachata song" ... bla bla bla. :ermm:

Last edited:

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Dominicans can't take criticism. punto

Dios, Patria, Libertad is on the coat of arms on the flag.

In real life it's "No es mi culpa".

Me? I'm not going anywhere. My presence here doesn't depend on any of you thin-skinned whiners.

You meant to say "some people" not "Dominicans." Right?

Originally Posted by AZB
. Many don't even mind being called "stupid". They just laugh it off.
AZB

Who is the whiner? Please read all the posts.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hey CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

I liked your joke about the .357 and shooting cans. :cheeky:

Too bad it was deleted. :ermm:

The mod's these days have no sense of humour. Snip snip cut cut. :ermm:

So sanitized. :ermm:

I'm tired about reading ... "where can I get a SIM Card for my I-Phone" ... "Help me with the lyrics of this new Bachata song" ... bla bla bla. :ermm:

That will change very soon as we will have a closed "Off Topic" forum :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
NO. If you look in any fridge, you will see that this is pretty typical.

I once had a nanny here use my watch repair screwdrivers as nails to hang her clothes.
And as far as knives used for opening cans??? Oh yeah! 200 dollar Henckel knives...

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
NO. If you look in any fridge, you will see that this is pretty typical.

I once had a nanny here use my watch repair screwdrivers as nails to hang her clothes.
And as far as knives used for opening cans??? Oh yeah! 200 dollar Henckel knives...

HB

Man, I stop buying food for that SOLE reason. From then until now I will only buy the food that I eat. Even with my son, up until recently that boy would only eat WHITE RICE, BEANS & a piece of chicken that his mother made. Now he fleshed out his appetite thanks to some miracle at Burger King(not McDonalds, only Burger King) and Popeyes Fried Chicken. But nope, I only buy food I eat so at least I know it will be consumed. To me if the food is going to rot I d rather it rot in the store than buy it and have it rot in the icebox. Even right NOW, if I go upstairs that whole refrigerator is full of garbage. I went up there one time and pulled out a half gallon of milk that had never been opened but expired the month before.

I used to be peeved. I d come home from work, there would be like half an onion, or tomato sitting in the fridge or celery, or parsley or potatoes in the crisper rotting or the thing with the cheese all open and dried up. Or I would spend $5 for a 14 oz. box of Life Cereal and she would mess it up by leaving the box open and now it is all stale because she cant figure out how to roll the plastic bag to seal in the freshness. And that is my fault because she "doesnt eat con fle".

Man look, I bought this set of cookware so flimsy Target wouldnt even sell it in the store, they only sold it on the internet. Pots so cheap they would rust when you washed them(the truth). But it was beautiful because they cookware was so ratty she never wanted to invite anyone over. This was cool to me because I could come from work and not have a house full of people I didnt want to talk to. This is why I am saying ONE can opener and plastic flatware, it works.

And what the hell is up with all these jars of minced garlic paste?

Or how to wash dishes when you learned from an old nearsighted woman from the campo. If you put a plug in the sink then you can keep the water there and wash most of the dishes at once. This way we dont go through 1 bottle of dish liquid a week. And if you dont ball up the dishcloth you can cover more of the glass or plate you are washing. One time there was a glass in the sink and it had visible grease marks on it, inside and out. I told her about it and she told me "That doesnt come out"(Now excuse me, but who the F is going to drink from a glass that has greasy fingerprints running up the inside and outside of the glass? Seriously?) THEN you show her how to wash a glass so you can drink from it and not have greasy film on it and what is my reward? "Oh you dont know how to do it. You dont know what you are doing." BUT I JUST DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just washed all these dishes and there is no grease on anything.

And dont get me started on the BS with the air conditioning.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Very interesting thread.

My advice is to simply hit them where it hurts... the money..

To quote a favourite movie '****ing with your cash is all you kids seem to understand'

Just install a system of choice; half pay for a half-assed job; full-pay for a full job.

Whether it's a wife, employee or family member, same system;

Half-ass way; half-ass clothing/presents/allowance or whatever.. if they're late leave anyway (go to the movies by yourself), buy good clothing for yourself in their presence and cheapest knock off for them...

The important thing here is to tell them they can make their free choice and not to force them. Don't make this an issue, don't humiliate them or make it about pleasing you... they are free to make their own choice, if they are happy with half-assed behaviour fine.. no sweat of your back

Believe me it will get better quickly.

And please note that there are many Dominicans that are very much interested in doing things right without 'us' needing to help them.

Reactions: ccarabella
Mar 1, 2009
I could write the same thing about one of our tennants and italian guy he will never close the front gate. But I don't say ALL italians, just this bastard. So Criss, is generalising. Criss, your full a crap. You make the rules in your house.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
and some posters are given more rope than others for obvious reasons... and that my friend will never change on DR1.

and that is a big problem which causes people to be angry and come back as sock puppets.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Since Dominicans "can't close anything," being one of them, I had to open my mouth.

They, they, they, they Dominicans, theyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Why can't they do this? Why can't they do that?

But those of you living among us and constantly insulting us do not leave our place.

What's keeping you in the DR? Leaaaaave!

With love,
Norma

Yes I agree, when in Rome do as the Romans do. That"s all.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
For the newbies who are upset, hopefully you are learning that DR1, like most forums, is not a democracy. Some people can indeed "get away with" saying things that others could not. Whether they have or have not "earned" the right to do so is irrelevant. It is what it is. We have cc with his broad-brush generalizations and AZB, who spends much of his band-width pontificating about how most of us have the wrong idea about the DR because we aren't associating with the right people. Maybe AZB needs to introduce cc to some of the "good" Dominicans.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
To add Many Dominicans can't take, or better put don't understand Sarcasm

My wife is incredibly sarcastic, and uses it very effectively, but like most people, not just Dominicans, she can't take constructive criticism when it comes to the DR. As far as the observations made here I have witnessed most of them, but not in my household. There are no open cans in the Fridge either here in Canada or in the DR. Tupperware type containers are used for all left over food, including cutup vegetables. Things are wrapped in saran wrap....etc. I find that because both my wife and mother-in-law are very frugal nothing gets wasted and they actually save me money. My only pet peeve is when I'm talking on the phone the decibels of their voices seems to go up. After 30 plus years of working around aircraft my mid-range hearing has gotten worse, and I have a hard time hearing the person on the other end of the phone. Dominicans in general have loud voices. My stepson however is very soft spoken.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NOW!, We Are Getting Someplace!!!!

I,m not sure WHERE :surprised,but I LIKE IT!
I MUST take exception with those of you who THINK,that you have a "SOLUTION" to your Dominican "Problem"!
There is NO SOLUTION!
If you think that leaving for the movies,in time to actually see the whole movie,is the answer,you will just be going to the movies alone all the time.
I tried saying we are leaving at 7 pm(Even Tho The Movie Started a 8:30.)
I would go start the car,blow the horn,leave and drive around the block,NOTHING WILL WORK! I gave up about 15 years ago!
YES! on using dish soap like WATER! You can mix it with 1/2 water so they use "a little" less.But it is better to only buy the "Paste" kind of dish cleaner.It is "harder for them to waste,but they like to put water in the container to make the paste into a slurry,so they can waste that!
How about "CLORO"???? Man can they go through THAT,only surpassed by "ACE"(Dominican for laundry Detergent)I tried showing them,giving them a Measuring cup,rationing,yelling,rationalizing,setting LIMITS(NOT HERE!) Again,nothing works. Why do most of my clothes have bleach marks on them,)"No es mi culpa,No Fui Yo!) I had one maid I called,"La Reina Del Cloro",for obvious reasons. When she left,AFTER getting her Christmas Bonus,of course,I fount lots more of my shirts and pants,with HUGE cloro spots,hidden under her mattress!
There are three kinds of Expats,
1.Those who have been here long enough to KNOW Dominican Truisms
2.Those who will SOMEDAY have been here long enough to know Dominican truisms.
3.Those of you who can stay here forever,and will NEVER 'either understand Dominican truisms,or are just to "PC" to admit that you know.
So "SPIN,SPIN,SPIN"You will not convince me that Dominicans are God's "GIFT" to humanity!
To those who ask:"If you hate Dominicans SO MUCH,why don't you just leave and "Go Home?""""
THIS,is my HOME!!!!(Can YOU Say THAT?)
"Hell!" my kids are Dominicans,and I love THEM!!
"With "PEACE & LOVE" TO ALL! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:Well,ALMOST ALL!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Reactions: bienamor