Why do you live here, if you hate it so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I know that I HAVE!!!!!!!
I lie,cheat,take advantage of,steal,drive like I am the only one on the road,honking my horn,Halogens blazing all the time,music blasting at all time,and MOST/BEST Dominican trait of all,I cheat on my wife!
I just can't bring myself to beat her,so I do have room for improvement!!!!
Maybe I'll start by yelling at her in public.Then pushing,shoving,slapping,and then maybe I can go ahead and beat her.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Yo SOY DOMINICANISADO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"MrSmith",just wait a few more years! :mad:
Prostitution flourishes in the DR,not because of socalled "Sex Tourism",but because Dominican men like cheap sex with beautiful young girls!
Hey,sounds like a PLAN!

Last edited:

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
I know that I HAVE!!!!!!!
I lie,cheat,take advantage of,steal,drive like I am the only one on the road,honking my horn,Halogens blazing all the time,music blasting at all time,and MOST/BEST Dominican trait of all,I cheat on my wife!
I just can't bring myself to beat her,so I do have room for improvement!!!!
Maybe I'll start by yelling at her in public.Then pushing,shoving,slapping,and then maybe I can go ahead and beat her.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Yo SOY DOMINICANISADO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"MrSmith",just wait a few more years! :mad:
Prostitution flourishes in the DR,not because of socalled "Sex Tourism",but because Dominican men like cheap sex with beautiful young girls!
Hey,sounds like a PLAN!

Most men like sex with younger chicks, but the sex tourists will inflate the price. It won't be cheap for long.

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
Wrong. I loved where we lived last (Orange County). Never once complained. Nice try at rationalizing it though...

You are 1 of the few sir.But I talked to other people from different countries and all they do is complain about high taxes, their money can't buy anything in their country, etc,. They remind me of some people from the Middle East that moved to Western countries. They hate their own governments, but complain about the lack of morals in Western societies.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Most men like sex with younger chicks, but the sex tourists will inflate the price. It won't be cheap for long.
Locals," Dominicans or Expat's" get cheaper rates or even freebees. ;) Also, every now and then, the girls want to make real love.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Like A Local

In any given country there are good and bad circumstances.
I reserve the right to critizise, jubilate or complain wherever I live and pay taxes (just like the locals do).
This does not necessarily mean that I hate the place.
For me the OP's question is an oxymoron.

donP

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I had a girlfriend a few years back whose cousin won a lottery when the jackpot was in the very high eight figure range. Apparently, the first thing he did was complain about the taxes, followed by worrying about relatives pestering him.

Some people will always find a way to make themselves unhappy.

DR1 is no different. Usually, it's a problem with the transition. People arrive expecting whatever they have defined as "paradise," and quickly enough, reality sets in. It ain't as cheap as they thought it would be. Infrastructure is much more challenging. It's hard to get a meaningful job that pays decently (by home country standards). And yes, although you caught some feelings some time ago, he/she/they is/are only boinking you because, to them, you are a fountain of endless financial opportunity.

The country could use some improvement, but given the rioting in Europe and the protests in NA, it appears no place is perfect. That said, everyone's wired a bit differently. AZB and his ilk seem to like it because it gives them a sense of superiority (especially with young women), one in which they would never, ever, EVER have anywhere other than a third world country.

dv8 seems to be happiest when she's going on about how unhappy she is.

Chip lives, by any standard, a very simple life that he enjoys. I couldn't do the hot dog spaghetti/xbox thing and call it a lifestyle, but to each their own.

Chiri, Annie, Cobraboy, Catcher and Hillbilly, on the other hand, seem to have found a winning formula for balance in their lives. That said, I suspect they have very adaptive personalities and could find happiness wherever they went.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Eddy,Donp,and DRob Must Be Carpenters,'Cause they ALL "Hit-The-Nail-On-The-HEAD!

Chip,cover your eyes!
"Mr Smith",you have a ways to go before you "Get It" here in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dv8 seems to be happiest when she's going on about how unhappy she is.

exactly, thanks. i don't like to be terrorized to grin happily at all times. and i do not have to be cheerful. i'm fine being bitter.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, I like it here..... but this is the only place where i complain about Easter.
Easter here stinks.

Give me the NYC parade any day..... with my bonnet and all the frills upon it !!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Yes, I like it here..... but this is the only place where i complain about Easter.
Easter here stinks.

Give me the NYC parade any day..... with my bonnet and all the frills upon it !!!

Oh come on, what's not to like about Easter in the DR? Sweet bean goo with small crackers in it, or a chocolate egg? Hmmm tough choice! Crowding on a noisy beach standing in the shallows sipping rum and sea water!!!

Nah you're right, best to leave this rock during Easter if you can. But for the rest of time this place is paradise on Earth.

I find it's good to leave every now and then so that you can appreciate really how good the DR is. I'm currently in Caracas, Venezuela with work. What an absolute sh1t hole! I am rapidly starting to dislike Venezuelans quite a lot. They are so surly and unpleasant as a nation.

I miss home!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Christmas and Easter are really about some guy born a long time ago and not gifts, candy and parades. :) After that it should be about getting together with family and friends and no one does it better than the Dominicans. Not that we Americans are too bad at it, when we finally do decide to get together. :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Semana Santa" in the DR,has very little to do with "some guy" !
It is about getting drunk for a week,and killing each other!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Christmas and Easter are really about some guy born a long time ago and not gifts, candy and parades. :) After that it should be about getting together with family and friends and no one does it better than the Dominicans. Not that we Americans are too bad at it, when we finally do decide to get together. :)

Wasn't it that bloke who got nailed to a tree for telling everyone to be nice to one another? They obviously haven't heard of him in Caracas or at least something he said was lost in translation.

Dominicans don't need some crazy Jew to tell them how to behave. Most of the ones I meet are very nice people. And you'd never guess it, they are from Sosua and Cabarete.

Easter is about chocolate eggs and long weekend off.

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011

I'll let Frankie Boyle comment for me:

[video=youtube;1IeNFr6e1hI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IeNFr6e1hI[/video]

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
. AZB and his ilk seem to like it because it gives them a sense of superiority (especially with young women), one in which they would never, ever, EVER have anywhere other than a third world country..

speak for yourself bro, not everyone is unfortunate like you. Guys like AZB score everywhere. I will be in colombia soon and will score with women you can only see in magazines. You have no clue what goes on outside the puta world. Go have a drink with CC, he seem to have mastered the ghetto culture to the T. I would be like him too if I looked like him. So my friend, not everyone is created equal. some are destined to sleep with dogs. Not my fault. have a nice day.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

sex tourists not only inflate the price they also ruin the image of their home country. These pigs find a sosua everywhere they go. If there is no sosua, they just create one. Just go to the main strip in sosua and see some of the lowest scumbags act like a kid in a candy store. Its obvious they have never even been close to a woman. I have read the global traveler's forums and other chica forums, its the same story: they pay for play. This is all they know. So as long as these chopos stay in sosua and find their putas there, I have no problem but it seems more and more of the scum are coming to santiago now to make another sosua out of this beautiful city. Wait till one gets killed, then we will see how many will make the trip here. We have enough chopas going to sosua to work the weekend on the strip, we need no joe's and johns coming here looking for them. If a man has to pay for play then he really has no idea how to meet women. If anyone pays to play in DR or colombia, has no clue about the opposite sex. So easy to meet women all over the world yet people are still trying to figure out how to score? Pleaseeeeeeee.
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.