Why I love this country

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bride of frankenstein

Mother now very upset. She only likes tomatos in salads and would rather not be hit with one in the head. She thought the cake stall idea was a good one!

30 Haitians outside digging holes in road to put in concrete posts. Then I suppose they will take out wooden poles and fill in the holes they dug previously for the wooden poles. if you want to do something well, do it 20 times I say!!!

Have got tent out of storage - all ready to go - just need to make sure do not pitch on top of dog poo.

tell mama i am sorry, did not mean to offend. ask her to join in the enterprise. she can handle marketing in the sweet albion.
one would have thought she's gonna be happy to see her daughter on a sofa in "friday night with jonnathan ross"!!!

hope i get a free trial of amazing orgasmotron of juan dolio?

ps can't wait for the big boom, do you expect to creat brand new universe with your mega explosion once you connect 7000 volts? maybe at least some spontanious ressurections?

good luck, matilda, i keep my fingers crosses, sacryficed neighbour's chihuahua just in case...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Transformer at last!!!!

:cheeky: I have just reread this thread. it was nearly a year ago I started to put in new transformer. About 20 mins ago it was fixed!! I now have light from my own transformer which means I can run aircon jacuzzi and internet at same time!!! HOORAY. There were delays due to having to have insurance against fried Haitians, and then I had to buy one more concrete post, and then various other bits and pieces. Currently the kids are taking down the old wire so we can sell it, and around 150 Haitians are without light for good as they were plugged in to my old wire. So there was no grand explosion and I now have 7000 volts all to myself.

Matilda

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
You are the true example of perseverance. Now your sales of candles should grow with those Haitians without electricity.:laugh:

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
very true re candles. Should mention, as the original thread did talk about new revolutionary condoms. I now sell condoms made in China, distributed through New York, given out by Mexico health authority, marked 'NOT FOR SALE" - and sell them for 1RD$ each!!! Do they work ..........no idea!!!! But selling like hot cakes. No light for many Haitians in Juan Dolio tonight but lots of bonking!!!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You crack me up Matilda! $1RD for condoms, all that bonking, and now you need to sell earplugs too.

linmagic

Sep 20, 2009
It's past the one year anniversary of your great electrical debate! How is everything with you Matilda? I read through your thread with great amusement and just a little awe of your amazing sense of humour throughout along with the very funny "helpful" comments you received!

Lin
:bunny:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It's past the one year anniversary of your great electrical debate! How is everything with you Matilda? I read through your thread with great amusement and just a little awe of your amazing sense of humour throughout along with the very funny "helpful" comments you received!

Lin

All fine and thank you for asking!! Transformer blew up about a year ago taking with it 2 tvs and the coffee machine. Had to get new one. Hopefully this one will last a little longer. Haitians appear to have found a way to still nick electricity from me - there is a stream of spaghetti coming out of the meter going to various local barrios. Periodically I snip all of their wires! But they are back the next day.

matilda

linmagic

Sep 20, 2009
Matilda, I see you never heeded the advice of some of the DR1 "lifers" and you continue to fight off the Haitian electrical thieves and no way to stop this. Is it not dangerous for you to be snipping the wires yourself? I guess the answer is, if you don't, no-one else will! :nervous:

Keep smiling!

Lin