Why the Dominican Man?

momita

May 17, 2006
why not??

with my very little experience, I can say that Dominican Man have passion of live and they are So enjoyable.And This is first step to very interesting relationship.Everything else in our hands ladies.
There isn't one and only "Tony" in Dominican Republic. There is planty of them as much as in another country.If you find a right person nationality doesn't matter. Once I was cheated by men and he wasn't from DR. Cheaters are cheaters no matter of nationality,colour of skin or family backgrounds.

Momita;)

Mar 21, 2002
I am not Satan, but others here are! LOL

Musicqueen said:
Exactly my thoughts!!! Thank you...and I sincerely hope your post is not in jest...

MQ

C'mon MQ, I was am being honest and nice. They care about you as a person. You aren't a bridge to anyone's economic betterment. You are you to them and they enjoy your company. The developed world could sink into the sea and they would treat you the same. They'd share with you whatever little they have and that is more powerful than all the rice and platanos sold in the DR abroad.

"Tanto tiene, tanto vale" is a sad lot for some ex-pats but hopefully they will eventually find what you have. Maybe you start a thread on how ex-pats as yourself can find real love and real friends.

One point you said rings true. That the mueleros or con artists are to be avoided at all costs. That's a start. I don't mean to cover ground that is already established my Anna " Pepperoni Pizza" Coniglio's unending sticky's but a perspective dealing with the same from your angle.

Me thinks it would make for an interesting read.

May 31, 2005
Musicqueen said:
About having relationships with someone from your same culture, I don't agree...Culture and values are two different things...I embrace the difference in culture, but we both have the SAME values...and that's what's making this relationship work...

MQ
You are correct about that. I did not mean to say that if you are from different cultures you will have different values.

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Please solve my jigsaw puzzle

la_barbie said:
Why Dominican Men ???

Cause they're just so damn hot !!! and Canadian men are not !

As for personalities, to everyone their own !!! Sankie or no sankie...

I really need someone to help me with my confusion. Obviously western women prefer the dominican men and western men prefer the dominican women. So relatively western men and women are tired of each other. Okay So we know whether you are male or female, once you are rejected in the west, then go to the dominican republic, you will find love there. "Bring us your tired, your weak, your rejects........"

But I have spoken to several dominican women who have nothing good to say about the dominican men. And I am talking of women who are very beautiful, educated, have good jobs, have most of the comfort of life. So something is missing here. Obviously the western women like the dominican male more than the dominican women love their men. In the midst of my confusion, I think that perhaps someone is not telling the truth or is telling just half the story or perhaps it is the things of the heart that happens when you are on vacation and dating younger men/women that will not bat you an eye here in the states....... etc.

I could analyze the situation but I don't want to bore with a long story but the simple solution will be to send all western women to the DR to marry the dominican men and send all the dominican women here for the western men. That way we will all live in peace once again

At least I know someone that will be forced to come back from Santiago to live in the US once again ;)

Gracias

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I think we're bored with the norm and are looking for something different. Then we'll get bored again and look for something else... and so on..... and so on..... and so on..........:tired:

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Sholly24 said:
But I have spoken to several dominican women who have nothing good to say about the dominican men. And I am talking of women who are very beautiful, educated, have good jobs, have most of the comfort of life. So something is missing here. Obviously the western women like the dominican male more than the dominican women love their men. In the midst of my confusion, I think that perhaps someone is not telling the truth or is telling just half the story or perhaps it is the things of the heart that happens when you are on vacation and dating younger men/women that will not bat you an eye here in the states....... etc.
There obviously is a bias on this forum in that many Western women are on the forum, directly or indirectly because they like Dominican men, and vice versa many Western men are here because they prefer Dominican women. The Dominican women you have spoken with might have had their reason to say they prefer Western men over Dominican men. There are many western men and women that prefer western women and men, and many Dominicans and Dominicanas that prefer Dominicanas and Dominicans.

May 31, 2005
qgrande said:
There obviously is a bias on this forum in that many Western women are on the forum, directly or indirectly because they like Dominican men, and vice versa many Western men are here because they prefer Dominican women. The Dominican women you have spoken with might have had their reason to say they prefer Western men over Dominican men. There are many western men and women that prefer western women and men, and many Dominicans and Dominicanas that prefer Dominicanas and Dominicans.
Like me. I am Dominican and I prefer a Dominican. That is not to say that I will not date a person from another country. It just means that I prefer Dominicans.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Alot of my family and friends, ask me the question, Why a Dominican? Why couldn't you find a guy in Cda, and marry him?

I've dated plenty of guys in Cda, to know that they are not the ones for me. Is it possible I was dating the wrong ones from Cda? I can honestly say yes.

But I agree both with Anna, and MQ, that the Dominican man has an innocene about them. My husband reminds me of a little boy (no one tell him ;) ) and I love him for that. I hope that when he comes to Cda, that he won't lose that.

People from North America, in my point of view, have an edge and rugged-ness (sp?) about them. Domincans don't. Domincan seem not to have that stress of "the rate race" of life. The yenjoy everything about life.

Dominican men, and women look at the glass and see it half full, not half empty. And I love that about them. They always look for the good. They are happy. They interact with their neighbours, and don't alienate themselves from others. They are very welcoming people. He is very caring, and affectionate, and honest person. I can't say that about the guys I've dated in Cda, or people I've met here.

Thats just my view on things.
lisa

PS-and Dominican men, are HOT as hell!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
baileyboy said:
Alot of my family and friends, ask me the question, Why a Dominican? Why couldn't you find a guy in Cda, and marry him?

I've dated plenty of guys in Cda, to know that they are not the ones for me. Is it possible I was dating the wrong ones from Cda? I can honestly say yes.

But I agree both with Anna, and MQ, that the Dominican man has an innocene about them. My husband reminds me of a little boy (no one tell him ;) ) and I love him for that. I hope that when he comes to Cda, that he won't lose that.

People from North America, in my point of view, have an edge and rugged-ness (sp?) about them. Domincans don't. Domincan seem not to have that stress of "the rate race" of life. The yenjoy everything about life.

Dominican men, and women look at the glass and see it half full, not half empty. And I love that about them. They always look for the good. They are happy. They interact with their neighbours, and don't alienate themselves from others. They are very welcoming people. He is very caring, and affectionate, and honest person. I can't say that about the guys I've dated in Cda, or people I've met here.

Thats just my view on things.
lisa

- All of them?

momita

May 17, 2006
ohhh yessss

baileyboy said:

Yes ohh yes .They are indeed:bunny:

And I like their smile :cheeky: honest and happy smile.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
working 13.5 a day will do that to you ... lol

i'll take a book too, maybe we can be study buddies

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Please don't lose sight of the original thread and topic here...

O&C...I really meant it when I said thanks before...finally someone that is not attacking me for posting about my love life and the love of my life, Tony...

I really wish some people from here could meet him...he really is wonderful...not to mention HOT HOT HOT!!!

MQ

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No problem...he knows what he's got...and I know he wouldn't trade it for NOTHING OR NOBODY IN THE WORLD!!! :):):)

MQ

momita

May 17, 2006

mountainfrog said:
If you only knew what they smile about.

m'frog

Yes, Yes I know Froggie....about my money
But you told me that once:glasses:

MusicQueen you right You don't have to worry.
You are The queen in this Kingdom.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Musicqueen said:
I trust him...that's it...he's shown me that I can do that...

and that's what you should do :) imo

my experience with dominican men (i'm dominican) isn't the best so i don't consider myself "qualified" to talk about this subject.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I don't know if I ever said this before...but Tony has a lot of women in his family, besides his mom....something like 10 aunts and cousins etc.

When we've discussed the subject of infidelity, he tells me that after experiencing it first hand, (his father left his mom when he was only 2 for another woman, and now has kids scattered around the world) and having seen his other female family members cry and suffer from the same, he made up his mind since he was very small to never put a woman through that pain...the pain of having a man cheat on you, of finding out that your man leaves your house to go see his 'other women'...

That's why I keep saying that he's so different from all the Dominicans I've met, in the US and DR...

So far, he has shown me that he's true to that promise he made to himself...not only to me...

Believe me, the first words out of my mouth after I met him were precisely that..."I don't want a relationship with a Dominican because they are famous (or infamous) for being unfaithful..."

So far...so good!

MQ