Why the Dominican Man?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Musicqueen said:
I don't know if I ever said this before...but Tony has a lot of women in his family, besides his mom....something like 10 aunts and cousins etc.

When we've discussed the subject of infidelity, he tells me that after experiencing it first hand, (his father left his mom when he was only 2 for another woman, and now has kids scattered around the world) and having seen his other female family members cry and suffer from the same, he made up his mind since he was very small to never put a woman through that pain...the pain of having a man cheat on you, of finding out that your man leaves your house to go see his 'other women'...

That's why I keep saying that he's so different from all the Dominicans I've met, in the US and DR...

So far, he has shown me that he's true to that promise he made to himself...not only to me...

Believe me, the first words out of my mouth after I met him were precisely that..."I don't want a relationship with a Dominican because they are famous (or infamous) for being unfaithful..."

So far...so good!

MQ

Are you sure he is not telling you this to get you? Beleive him, i know you want to, but make sure to protect yourself. Men know what to tell women. It is great to beleive them and enjoy them but always think twice and double check. Pay attention to his actions, not words, always.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
mountainfrog said:
Think twice.
Would you really introduce him to
la_barbie, momita, Avrora, bellissima 81...?

m'frog

Yea..... No............. la_barbie doesn't deal with taken men, it's just nasty to do that......

But don't get it twisted I will call a guy out if I know his women and see him loving it up with someone else. .. ... OH would I call him out !!!
I'd feel sorry for him myself !!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
MQ is taking a risk with Tony but apparently it is well worth it.

If you found your Dominican King:
We cannot live our lives always thinking that they will cheat. If they do, they get caught we act accordingly (forgive or go). That simple. In the meantime, lets enjoy the ride. He is innocent until proven guilty.

I still think I want to be like MQ when I grow up...

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Let's move on, this thread isn't about giving MQ any advice. She's not asking.

So question was, what's so great about Dominican men?

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Talldrink said:
Like it better that way Anna? lol

I was actually addressing another poster further up. ;)

Avrora said:
Are you sure he is not telling you this to get you? Beleive him, i know you want to, but make sure to protect yourself. Men know what to tell women. It is great to beleive them and enjoy them but always think twice and double check. Pay attention to his actions, not words, always.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
You know what, I think ANY woman who marries in DR to bring him back home is a brave soul. I personally dont want to go through all the 'innocense' and him getting used to the US. Maybe because I havent fallen in love with a real prospect there or because I already married and helped and struggled and I just dont see myself doing it again.

More power to the ladies that have done it and the relationships have succeeded!

cheesupleezu

May 15, 2006
What's so great about Dominican men? Well maybe I am falling for tricks but this one particular man makes me feel very special. Of course all that opening doors for you, holding your bag, gentlemanly stuff. Then there are the sweet words... so many compliments, discussion of "feelings." And the affection... the hugs, the kisses all over, the lovemaking. I just feel wrapped up in love and affection. But then there is the part about how he is married and reality hits.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
OKay I have never dated a Dominican man but I have met and know some.

I think the reason women fall so hard is they are on vacation so they think they are care free. The man is such a smooth talker and women who don't feel so confident about themselves love the attention and reality is all women love attention so they feel special. Plus some are so good looking :)
I've watched my own friends feel good off all the attention they receive.
But if women paid close attention they are giving all women the same attention, so what makes you different from all the others?/B]

I personally couldn't fall for there lines they are hilarious. I wouldn't fall for them where I live so it is no different on a vacation. For a man to tell me he loves me and can't live without me and he just met me? I wouldn't believe it plus with a language barrier for most how do you get to know eachother really?

They just make women feel like they are the hottest women on earth. It is like a dream vacation like the movies meet a guy, he's so sweet and they fall in love. It's a romantic movie, we all love them but they are not realistic.

But there are successful relationships so you just have to find the nice guys!

Just my 2 cents :)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
cheesupleezu said:
What's so great about Dominican men? Well maybe I am falling for tricks but this one particular man makes me feel very special. Of course all that opening doors for you, holding your bag, gentlemanly stuff. Then there are the sweet words... so many compliments, discussion of "feelings." And the affection... the hugs, the kisses all over, the lovemaking. I just feel wrapped up in love and affection. But then there is the part about how he is married and reality hits.

Cheese-duddle - he will be like that until (1) you want him to leave his wife for you (2) he gets tired of you and rather be with the newest one he is cheating with (3) you become pregnant (4) you stop giving him money and taking his shyt. You cant get one of your own?

I personally couldn't fall for there lines they are hilarious. I wouldn't fall for them where I live so it is no different on a vacation. For a man to tell me he loves me and can't live without me and he just met me? I wouldn't believe it plus with a language barrier for most how do you get to know eachother really?

Music - You just described meeting a sankie on vacation. We are not talking about vacation flings or ANYBODY that works in a resort or met her man on vacation to ANY resort town in DR.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Talldrink,

Ooops I'm so sorry about that didn't mean to mess up the thread.

I'll stick to the topic, as I mentioned before I think it's the sweet talk.
Somehow they are just good with the whole romantic and sweet things they say and do.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
mountainfrog said:
Think twice.
Would you really introduce him to
la_barbie, momita, Avrora, bellissima 81...?

m'frog

M'frog relax whats wrong if musicqueen wants to introduce tony to me while im there..... i would never ever ever think about getting wiht someone who already as a love one in his life !!!!!!!! Dont judge people u dont know

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Never Ever Ever

bellissima_81 said:
M'frog relax whats wrong if musicqueen wants to introduce tony to me while im there..... i would never ever ever think about getting wiht someone who already as a love one in his life !!!!!!!! Dont judge people u dont know

I'm not judging, just asking....
We don't know the love of her life, right?
Anything can happen, the Caribbean way....
You'll see.

m'frog
(relaxing at the pool :laugh: )

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
mountainfrog said:
I'm not judging, just asking....
We don't know the love of her life, right?
Anything can happen, the Caribbean way....
You'll see.

m'frog
(relaxing at the pool :laugh: )

M'frog its called trust if there is no trust in a relationship there is nothing at all,

cheesupleezu

May 15, 2006
Talldrink said:
Cheese-duddle - he will be like that until (1) you want him to leave his wife for you (2) he gets tired of you and rather be with the newest one he is cheating with (3) you become pregnant (4) you stop giving him money and taking his shyt. You cant get one of your own?

Just to clarify... I do NOT give him any money. He pays for EVERYTHING. He is a Dominican but lived in the US for a little bit and he has money. I didn't choose a married guy. I didn't even know he was married till later and then it just became a bad habit.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
mountainfrog said:
Consequence of trust, confidence and sincerity and following one's heart.
Onesided, that is.

m'frog

there is nothing wrong with wanting to trust, have confidence and sincerity in the other person as well as following ure heart, every action u make has a consequence it can be good or bad!

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
bellissima_81 said:
there is nothing wrong with wanting to trust, have confidence and sincerity in the other person as well as following ure heart, every action u make has a consequence it can be good or bad!

The guys married for the love of God!