You ain't never gonna see me doing this!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
all this damn AC gives me a runny nose i always seem to have an old hankie stuck in my pockets, very helpful in emergencies. 10 peso note was also pretty useful but this new 20 will slide off the cheeks and make you dip a finger right into the difficult brown. on the other hand, a even a 50 is a small price to pay for the comfort of clean arse.

generally i have a positive attitude towards dominican campo/barrio toilets, using them is almost like an adventure and makes a great email to friends living in more civilized parts.

Oh MAN did it take me a while to catch on to the being prepared with the toilet paper. UGH I can't believe some of the places I went and things I wiped my azz with. I gre up in the woods of Maine using an outhouse and wiping my azz with magazine pages and newspapers. One would think that nothing would surprise me or disgust me but..... it did in the DR.
A little off topic here but same subject a Maine joke. A man was hunting in the woods of Maine and had to take a wicked Chit. His hunting partner tells him just go over there a little ways into the woods and do your duty. He replies but I have nothing to wipe myself with. His friends says You have a dollar don't you? Yes. OK use the dollar then. The man comes out of the woods with his handscovered with dripping Chit. His friend says I thought you said you had a dollar? I used a dollar like you told me but did you ever try wiping yourself with 3 quarter 2 dimes and a nickle?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Wait....
I am not suppose to flush toilet paper after use?

All these days I had been flushing. I guess this could be the reason water backing up down stairs when ever it rains heavily?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Wait....I am not suppose to flush toilet paper after use?

That's true.......

You rinse it out.............hang it up to dry.................and use it again......
Pi2............aren't you proud of me..........:laugh::laugh:

B in Santiago

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Mondongo - yuck,yuck
Chicken feet- gross.....
toilets at a concert...oh boy!
but the one thing I would never join or want to hear ever again is one of those evangelical church services. It is absolutely Bananas!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just watched my "Suegra",throw all the chicken "Pica Y Pala",("Parts") into the pot for her every Sunday's "Locrio"(Rice cooked with "Whatever" meat) and kept warm in an electric,"Caserola" all day so family and visitors can help themselves all day long.
If chickens had 8 legs like a spider,they would be even more popular here!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Always expect the unexpected while driving ....

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rw8a8CKIIHY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Major. I needed that laugh this morning. I miss seeing that funny stuff.

dominicangirl29

Apr 26, 2009
My mom always makes it a point to hide the toilet paper for some unknown reason, so every time I go to the DR to visit and I need to use the "Premises" (La Letrina of course) I have to yell to someone to bring me some toilet paper cause I forget there is no toilet paper in la letrina. Thank god there is always someone around my house:paranoid:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My mom always makes it a point to hide the toilet paper for some unknown reason, so every time I go to the DR to visit and I need to use the "Premises" (La Letrina of course) I have to yell to someone to bring me some toilet paper cause I forget there is no toilet paper in la letrina. Thank god there is always someone around my house:paranoid:

I've noticed that a lot of Dominicans do that, in homes and in public too.

I don't close the door until I check for paper, it's instinctive after 36 years going there.

In Feb. we were on the beach in Palenque, and before I went to use the 'facilities' I asked Dona Mary [one of the restaurant owners] if there was paper in there; she smiled, reached under the counter and handed me the roll. I brought it back to her later.

In March we were in the mall at Luperon & Independencia [where La Sirena is], and I headed to the ladies room. An attendant was just leaving. I looked - no paper anywhere. I came back outside and told her. She smiled, reached into a bag in her supply closet, and handed me several lengths of paper.

It's like they are guarding gold.

People must faint when they enter our bathroom, a few years ago I bought this nifty stainless steel thingy that hooks onto the side of the toilet tank, and holds two extra rolls of paper.

Oh the shock of it all!!!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I will never get drunk on the beach during Semana Santa, sing badly/loudly to Bachatta songs and try to sexy dance in the sand!! (oh, wait, I already did that. Scratch)

Thought you saw me :nervous: until I read the brackets :speechles I guess I'm not the only one... lol

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You really wonder why they hide it???
Because if you don't,it will be stolen,along with everything else in the bathroom!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Hey Major............I never laughed soooooooooo hard. still laughin. gonna keep this and show to others, it is soooooooo funny. Thanks for posting. Hey, keep em coming.:bunny:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You really wonder why they hide it???
Because if you don't,it will be stolen,along with everything else in the bathroom!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

In public bathrooms, absolutely!! But in a private home? I guess we're back to judging by the company some keep, hahaha.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
call me a stupid gringo... but what is the "proper" disposal. Obviously in the U.S., it goes in the toilet and gets flushed away with everything else. I do the same thing when in the D.R. Am I doing something terribly wrong? For a number of reasons I really hate the idea of a waste basket of "used" paper sitting in my bathroom.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We do it the North American way... the whole house... but we have a new septic system - just 4 yrs old that went in with the house.

Three full baths, one 1/2 bath