You ain't never gonna see me doing this!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
but when it's done right, it's pretty refreshing.

there is no way, dude, to make habichuelas con dulce palatable. it's like saying: mmmmm... sheeps eyes, slowly roasted over the open fire, with a touch of wild fennel, sea salt and fresh rosemary... super tasty!

no, no and no.

chicken feet i eat, delicious!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My "First Wife",was from rural Thailand.(I Know,I Know!!)
Her house was built up on tree trunks,and had NO bathroom.
While visiting,I had my usual case of "The Runs".(Affictionados of Thai food will KNOW!)
I HAD TO $HIT!
WHERE???
I went into a "room" with walls and a real door,found a paper bag,filled it,folded it,and threw it out the window!!
"Wheew!"
THAT's how I spell,"R-E-L-I-E-F"
I walked out like nothing had happened.
That's when I saw the dogs,"Hungry Dogs"!!!!
One was in the lead,carrying "My Bag" with about 10 more in ravenous"Hot Persuit"!
As they caught the "Bag Dog",he was slowed by the weight of the bag I guess,a fight ensued over the "contents".
I watch as they devoured what had only a minute before been the couse of my distress!(Comida Rapida,Thai Style)
They later,my relatives,NOT the dogs,dug a big hole with a little "out house" over it because my sister was coming to visit.
They put it next to the water well!
After I divorced "That Wife",I "Married Up?" and got my "Dominican Princess"!
She had an indoor toilet here in "Somon Bolivar" barrio of Santo Domingo.
Just the "Toilet",no "tank",no water,no toilet paper,not even a "paper bag" for the dogs!
One good thing about here,my sister-in-law works for "Kimberly Clark",(Scott Paper Products) and brings home a case of 48 rolls of "Scott Toilet Paper" every month!
Now if I could just get everyone to put it in the little white can next to the toilet after they use it,and NOT on the floor!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
My "First Wife",was from rural Thailand.(I Know,I Know!!)
Her house was built up on tree trunks,and had NO bathroom.
While visiting,I had my usual case of "The Runs".(Affictionados of Thai food will KNOW!)
I HAD TO $HIT!
WHERE???
I went into a "room" with walls and a real door,found a paper bag,filled it,folded it,and threw it out the window!!
"Wheew!"
THAT's how I spell,"R-E-L-I-E-F"
I walked out like nothing had happened.
That's when I saw the dogs,"Hungry Dogs"!!!!
One was in the lead,carrying "My Bag" with about 10 more in ravenous"Hot Persuit"!
As they caught the "Bag Dog",he was slowed by the weight of the bag I guess,a fight ensued over the "contents".
I watch as they devoured what had only a minute before been the couse of my distress!(Comida Rapida,Thai Style)
They later,my relatives,NOT the dogs,dug a big hole with a little "out house" over it because my sister was coming to visit.
They put it next to the water well!
After I divorced "That Wife",I "Married Up?" and got my "Dominican Princess"!
She had an indoor toilet here in "Somon Bolivar" barrio of Santo Domingo.
Just the "Toilet",no "tank",no water,no toilet paper,not even a "paper bag" for the dogs!
One good thing about here,my sister-in-law works for "Kimberly Clark",(Scott Paper Products) and brings home a case of 48 rolls of "Scott Toilet Paper" every month!
Now if I could just get everyone to put it in the little white can next to the toilet after they use it,and NOT on the floor!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

OMG, CC you are soooooooooooo funny. Can`t stop laughin.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I would tell you about about some of the ,shall we suffice to say,"Unusual" things I have had the "Pleasure" of consuming in "The Orient",but knowing your aversion to the more "Out-Of-The-Ordinary" dietary norms,I'll refrain !
Let's just say,"Fido" & "Bootsy",their not just for breakfast anymore!!!! :chinese: :chinese::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Ban Nok

My rural Thailand experience:

Walk out into the bush not too far from a small stream of running water.

Make your deposit. Clean up with sand and water from the stream. Use your left hand.

Always eat eith your right hand.

Fast forward to 21st century DR.

Toilet, running water. no toilet paper new or used, soap nearby...

Use your left hand, clean vigorously with soap.

Keep your left hand away from food

When you can function without toilet paper without anxiety you've reached a new level of understanding freedom.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Let's just say,"Fido" & "Bootsy",their not just for breakfast anymore!!!! :chinese: :chinese::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

So is there good reason for an appetite for dog or does it taste how I expect and rather like tough kid goat? I've eaten some weird sh1t but never gone as far as dog.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
DOGS

We used to have the cutest little dog - white.

EVERY time it went it out it found a pils of dung - raccoon was the preferred source.
I can't tell how bad raccoon feces smells... but if you think about what they eat, you'll figure it out.
CC' Thai food would blanche beside this.

I asked the vet about this one time.
"Yes, that can happen.... but watch out for human septic tanks , etc.... they go really crazy for that"

As usual, CCCCCC leads the pack in providing invaluable information -- accurate information at that !!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've eaten some weird sh1t but never gone as far as dog.

At least not that you've known about. There was a very popular chimichurri joint in Haina, everyone said it was the best tasting one in town, that was closed down by the government after they found out the guy was serving viralata dog meat.

Ugh.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was in Hong Kong many years ago.I was with a lovely young Chinese prostitute,(Do I see A Common "Theme" to my life here?)
I said that I had heard that the "Chinese" eat dog meat.
"Oh No!" she exclaimed,not since the British took over.They don't allow that!
"But",if you really want some,we have many places to go that they don't know about!
Sweet & Sour "Wiener Dog" anyone?????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
At least not that you've known about. There was a very popular chimichurri joint in Haina, everyone said it was the best tasting one in town, that was closed down by the government after they found out the guy was serving viralata dog meat.

Ugh.

Urrguh, I've often considered the chance, especially when that street vendor was arrested for dishing out dog in SD last year, or was it the year before. Even in the UK when I eat chino I find it odd that I have a single meat dish with two differing textures:alien:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Even in the UK when I eat chino I find it odd that I have a single meat dish with two differing textures:alien:

Precisely why I usually get a shrimp meal when we have Chinese :p

I'm not the adventurous type, but I've been known to order Moo Shu Pork when I'm feeling particularly daring.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all this damn AC gives me a runny nose i always seem to have an old hankie stuck in my pockets, very helpful in emergencies. 10 peso note was also pretty useful but this new 20 will slide off the cheeks and make you dip a finger right into the difficult brown. on the other hand, a even a 50 is a small price to pay for the comfort of clean arse.

generally i have a positive attitude towards dominican campo/barrio toilets, using them is almost like an adventure and makes a great email to friends living in more civilized parts.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
all this damn AC gives me a runny nose i always seem to have an old hankie stuck in my pockets, very helpful in emergencies. 10 peso note was also pretty useful but this new 20 will slide off the cheeks and make you dip a finger right into the difficult brown. on the other hand, a even a 50 is a small price to pay for the comfort of clean arse.

generally i have a positive attitude towards dominican campo/barrio toilets, using them is almost like an adventure and makes a great email to friends living in more civilized parts.

I never even considered the peso notes, very clever in a pinch!

I always make sure I have several of those individually packaged hand wipes in my purse. I bought a box of 200 of them in NJ for about $3 at Christmas Tree Shops. Good for clean hands, and even better for potty emergencies.