You give begging people your money?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have a natural distrust towards people who do not like animals. you cannot truly love and respect a human being without first feeling love towards fratrum minorum...

Dec 26, 2011
Cmon guys if a dog that eats it's own vomit and crap is worthy of leftovers a poor old drunk or drug addict is worth 10 pesos.

Matt. 10:29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin[a]? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. 30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
i have a natural distrust towards people who do not like animals. you cannot truly love and respect a human being without first feeling love towards fratrum minorum...

Totally agree. In addition if we wouldn't have had dogs we probably wouldn't have survived Africa let alone "conquer" the world.
It's not a dog's fault he's on this planet but a drunk or a junkie they can only blame themselves for the situation/condition they're in.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

I grew up with dogs and had one sleep in my bed for years. I currently have 5 dogs who I give leftovers on a daily basis not to mention their dog food. There are so happy they only eat crap if they are bored.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
see, animal suffers pure pain and fear. pure. and more than a human. because we humans can explain, can reason. an animal cannot. they do not understand. they do not know. this is why i feel more for them. humans suffer at their own will: to look pretty, to be healthy, to save their country, to protect their loved ones. even in agony we can still excuse ourselves, the end is near, just those last breaths.

when i had to put my cats on 12 hour diet before surgery i felt so bad. what do they know? nothing. they are just hungry. but you ask me to put miesposo on a diet? damn, he can take three days without food, easily! :)

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
It gets old real quick my last trip to PoP couldn't enjoy a cold beer on the malecon beggars just hang out on side walk the owner did nothing.
I did buy the shoe shine boy some food and a soda he enjoyed it more than the pesos he earned.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Since I had been out of my daughter's life for 1,5 year she had become "Dominican" meaning she was afraid of dogs. I had to change that real quick. Where I live it borders with a barrio and I do every day my rounds there taking my daughter with me. There are lotssss of dogs here and what I did was I'd go up to any dog and if it was possible I'd pet him. Now she isn't afraid anymore and dogs come up to her. If worst comes to worst she always can become a burglar, no dog would bark at her. lol

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

I have a natural distrust towards people who put animals before their neighbor. You gotta see things in perspective, I'm not an animal-lover in this way that I prefer not to have any animal instead of having the hassle to walk with it daily or clean after it and buy their food, but I don't hate animals, I'm sure if we would have a dog or cat I would be attached to it . But if I would have to chose to run over a dog or a human (child, elder, drunk or drug addict) I would chose the dog anytime and I suppose everybody does (I might hope).

I don't trust people who don't like animals either. I would never be friends with someone who didn't like them and I personally get more upset if i hear animals are being abused b/c like others have said they don't know what is going on. If animals die I also freak out more than if i hear people i don't know die. I know this is quite common!

I'm glad this post is here since we are moving in 2 weeks to the DR and I am a sucker for giving $ but i am gonna stop...unless i see a really old sad person don't think I could ignore that ;-)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I have a natural distrust towards people who put animals before their neighbor. You gotta see things in perspective, I'm not an animal-lover in this way that I prefer not to have any animal instead of having the hassle to walk with it daily or clean after it and buy their food, but I don't hate animals, I'm sure if we would have a dog or cat I would be attached to it . But if I would have to chose to run over a dog or a human (child, elder, drunk or drug addict) I would chose the dog anytime and I suppose everybody does (I might hope).

Who's trying to run anyone over ??? I wouldn't want to run over an animal or a human... what kind of sick twisted sh!t is going on in your head.

I saw a chow chow mix by the Malecon a couple years ago and you could see that it was on it's last few breathes. My husband knew what I was going to say so without a word he stopped at the closest restaurant and bought some meat and a bottle of water. Went back to where the dog was and the poor guy had missing teeth, obvious signs of other dog bites, lice, limping on 2 legs, obviously been abused as he was trying to run away from us. He slowly ate the meat and I poured the water in his mouth. I actually broke down crying to the point that the heartless bastards sitting at the colmado a couple feet away came over to watch the dog suffer and joke around that was until I cursed them out and they left with their tails between their legs.

I wanted to take the dog to a vet, I was willing to pay the costs and didn't care how much it was. I don't work at Mc'D's, I can afford to do these things. It was around 2am and we were staying at a resort this time so we couldn't take the dog back with us. I sat there with him for a bit until he limped his way towards the boulevard, crossed the street, narrowly missing get hit by a car and went to the beach.

In the morning the first thing we did was drive down to the spot on the boulevard to look for him. A guy sitting there said there was a dog found dead that morning matching the description. I didn't ask how they disposed of him and I didn't want to know I could just imagine. I was so sad but at the same time I felt good knowing that least his (possibly) last meal was a good one and he was shown some love.

Makes me sick how Dominicans treat street dogs. I don't care what arguement people have with me about it (no owners, nowhere to take them, etc). The dogs are everyones responsibility in my opinion.

Since that time is when I tightened my purse strings towards Dominican beggers.

That same day we took our son to Burger King for lunch and I bought a couple extra hamburgers for 2 dogs sitting outside and walked right past the begger with the cigarette in his mouth.

A lot of kids do not come up to me as I mentioned in my previous post, but if I see one in need, hungry I will buy him/her food. My son who is 5 now this past September was playing with a couple toy cars in the park and one boy his age, obviously from a poor family started playing with him when we were leaving my son gave him one of the cars. You could tell that the boy was so happy his face lit right up. Made me a proud mama to see that my son at such a young age recognized someone truly in need. People begging for money have always scared him.

So those are my reasons for not donating money. Like it or not I don't really care. :D

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Who's trying to run anyone over ??? I wouldn't want to run over an animal or a human... what kind of sick twisted sh!t is going on in your head.

What kind of twisted person are you for saying Mauricio would want to run over a dog or a person???

Even though Mauricio is not a native English speaker his sentence was easy enough to understand but I expect you chose this to ignore this just to make a false accusation, good grief.

web

Nov 5, 2005
When I was in New York years ago to watch the ball drop I saw the sign (I saw the sign...la, la, la) "I'm not going to lie, I need a beer" I gave that guy a buck. Now in Puerto Plata when I first arrived here I used to give the old guy in the wheelchair with the big sign a few pesos. his sign read "I need an operation" Well 2 years later still same sign and obviously no operation. That made me cut him off and now he has even changed his sign to something else. There are 2 guys I help out when I see them now and thats about it in Puerto Plata, maybe 10 pesos here and there. I am now in Santo Domingo and actually did give a blind guy 5 pesos yesterday being helped walk around by an older lady in a Colmado. Wherever you are and you think you've got it bad, there is always somone worse off than you.

A few years ago in Ft Lauderdale FL I walked into a 7 Eleven and passed a visibly drunk woman and she asked me to buy her a beer, which I did, my brother waiting in the rtruck asked me why I did that? I said "Just maybe, we'll never know, but just maybe,now she can sleep and won't have to sell her body one more time tonite, she needed that beer." He held to the view point that no one needs a beer, but my opinion came from a different angle having been in a position when I needed a drink many times, but he'd never been there.
Der Fish

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

I saw a chow chow mix by the Malecon a couple years ago and you could see that it was on it's last few breathes. My husband knew what I was going to say so without a word he stopped at the closest restaurant and bought some meat and a bottle of water. Went back to where the dog was and the poor guy had missing teeth, obvious signs of other dog bites, lice, limping on 2 legs, obviously been abused as he was trying to run away from us. He slowly ate the meat and I poured the water in his mouth. I actually broke down crying to the point that the heartless bastards sitting at the colmado a couple feet away came over to watch the dog suffer and joke around that was until I cursed them out and they left with their tails between their legs.

I wanted to take the dog to a vet, I was willing to pay the costs and didn't care how much it was. I don't work at Mc'D's, I can afford to do these things. It was around 2am and we were staying at a resort this time so we couldn't take the dog back with us. I sat there with him for a bit until he limped his way towards the boulevard, crossed the street, narrowly missing get hit by a car and went to the beach.

In the morning the first thing we did was drive down to the spot on the boulevard to look for him. A guy sitting there said there was a dog found dead that morning matching the description. I didn't ask how they disposed of him and I didn't want to know I could just imagine. I was so sad but at the same time I felt good knowing that least his (possibly) last meal was a good one and he was shown some love.

Makes me sick how Dominicans treat street dogs. I don't care what arguement people have with me about it (no owners, nowhere to take them, etc). The dogs are everyones responsibility in my opinion.

Since that time is when I tightened my purse strings towards Dominican beggers.

That same day we took our son to Burger King for lunch and I bought a couple extra hamburgers for 2 dogs sitting outside and walked right past the begger with the cigarette in his mouth.

A lot of kids do not come up to me as I mentioned in my previous post, but if I see one in need, hungry I will buy him/her food. My son who is 5 now this past September was playing with a couple toy cars in the park and one boy his age, obviously from a poor family started playing with him when we were leaving my son gave him one of the cars. You could tell that the boy was so happy his face lit right up. Made me a proud mama to see that my son at such a young age recognized someone truly in need. People begging for money have always scared him.

So those are my reasons for not donating money. Like it or not I don't really care. :D

Your post just proofed my point and confirmed me in my perception of some 'animal lovers'. I believe it's impossible to be a real animal lover if you are able to pass by a human being, not being able to control his addiction of cigarettes, probably not have eaten yet that day, to give a hamburger to some street dogs.

I guess it was that beggars fault the other dog died?

Basically all creatures are valuable, but a human being is infinit more valuable than any animal. I see from your post that if you are driving on a highway and you get a dog in front of you car and the only thing you can do to avoid running him over is run over a drunk on the sidewalk you wouldn't hesitate.....despicable.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Your post just proofed my point and confirmed me in my perception of some 'animal lovers'. I believe it's impossible to be a real animal lover if you are able to pass by a human being, not being able to control his addiction of cigarettes, probably not have eaten yet that day, to give a hamburger to some street dogs.

I guess it was that beggars fault the other dog died?

Basically all creatures are valuable, but a human being is infinit more valuable than any animal. I see from your post that if you are driving on a highway and you get a dog in front of you car and the only thing you can do to avoid running him over is run over a drunk on the sidewalk you wouldn't hesitate.....despicable.

Well said hermano.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen. a human being has a brain. having a cigarette over a meal is a CHOICE. no one forced that dude to smoke. explain to me how my father stopped smoking form one day to the other after 30-35 years of a pack a day? and this dude, who is hungry, cannot? i call BS. i have no mercy for junkies either. yes, they are addicted, yes, they are sick. but they have served this fate upon themselves.

would i sway from the road to avoid hitting a dag, even going as far as risking hitting my car? yes, i would. would i sway towards a human to avoid the dog? no, i would not. apart from the fact that killing a human being actually costs you money i believe killing an innocent human is morally wrong. would i chose a life of my silly dumb dog over a life of a child molester or a murderer? hell, i would. a human like that is beyond redemption here on earth.

you are mistaking an animal lover with a brainless maniac. and you are mistaking a human, who can reason, think and calculate, with a mindless animal who has no weight to its actions. i spoke about how animals feel pain versus how humans feel it. contemplate this again. a hungry animal is just hungry. a hungry drug addict is just a drug addict.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
listen. a human being has a brain. having a cigarette over a meal is a CHOICE. no one forced that dude to smoke. explain to me how my father stopped smoking form one day to the other after 30-35 years of a pack a day? and this dude, who is hungry, cannot? i call BS. i have no mercy for junkies either. yes, they are addicted, yes, they are sick. but they have served this fate upon themselves.

would i sway from the road to avoid hitting a dag, even going as far as risking hitting my car? yes, i would. would i sway towards a human to avoid the dog? no, i would not. apart from the fact that killing a human being actually costs you money i believe killing an innocent human is morally wrong. would i chose a life of my silly dumb dog over a life of a child molester or a murderer? hell, i would. a human like that is beyond redemption here on earth.

you are mistaking an animal lover with a brainless maniac. and you are mistaking a human, who can reason, think and calculate, with a mindless animal who has no weight to its actions. i spoke about how animals feel pain versus how humans feel it. contemplate this again. a hungry animal is just hungry. a hungry drug addict is just a drug addict.
I kind of could follow your reasoning in your posts, even though its not how I think. I can't follow la Barbie's way of thinking and acting, you haven't understood the Dominican society if you buy two hamburgers and give it to the dogs in front of a beggar, and I wonder if you'd have a heart.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
People always make bad decisions at some point in their life. Fortunately for most of us there is usually someone out there with a heart who helps us out in spite of our poor decisions.

As far as animals go, ironically it appears people who would project human "moral" traits on animals are also the ones saying that we are just higher developed animals which doesn't make any sense given that 99% of all animals could care less about any notions of "morality" given that they would just as well eat their own feces, vomit, offspring or me and you for that matter given the chance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some humans are no better. and they are supposedly highly moral creatures with a conscience and a functioning common sense. are you familiar with two girls one cup phenomenon, chip?

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012

I know I'm not going to make friends by saying this, but this is how I feel!

It's not that I don't like animals, but it's not that I like them also. (I'm talking about dogs and cats!)

Not to be racial, but come on now. Only white people have affection for animals beyond what I consider healthy!

I grew up with dogs and had one sleep in my bed for years.

:ermm:

Girl kiss dog! Not 1 black person!

To each his own, but to feel anything negative towards me because I don't like animals (the way you do?)

It's not like my world collapse because someone doesn't like me, it's just the reason behind it what makes me go :ermm:

Why should one feel love or affection or whatever to animals? What's the thought behind that? I mean I get it, you see a puppy and you're like "oooh, aaah" but the whole getting attached to a dog? When it's your pet it's simply yours. You'll spend money on your car also rather than a begger.

But not everybody who's not into animals is bad / a bad person.

If anything, one should have a disgusting feeling towards themselves talking about my dog slept with me in my bed! WHAT!!!