Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 50,000 Haitians could be kicked out of the US

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstarebel View Post
    With Trump not willing to extend the Haitian protection status, the Haitians are heading for Canada.
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...kers-1.4240038
    Canada will send them back. These people are not refugees and there is a 3rd country agreement. Coming soon to Santiago  

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    Canada will send them back. These people are not refugees and there is a 3rd country agreement. Coming soon to Santiago  
    Normally, but who know with Truedope as leader. Refugees are only temporary until or if the situation in their home country improves.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A Haitian friend told me that some friends of his who live in Haiti, but had US tourist visas, went to the bother with Canada and they let them him and now are able to live there; now they are telling him to do the same thing. He lives here in the DR but has a US visa.

Don't they check the person's passports at the border?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable. Don't they learn nothing at all from the EU and their latest decades happenings?

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaita29 View Post

Don't they check the person's passports at the border?
    It's a long border. The migrants aren't entering Canada at a border crossing, they are hiking across fields and jumping ditches. They know they will be turned around at a border crossing. However, if they are able to enter Canada and present themselves to an immigration centre, they are entitled to a hearing to determine the validity of their refugee claim. With the workload at present, this hearing process with appeals can take several years, all the while the Cdn taxpayers are supporting this migrants with monthly welfare payments, free food from food banks, healthcare and dental care. Not being locked up in a detention centre makes this an appealing choice compared to the current situation in the US or back where they came from originally.

6. Likes Aguaita29, slowmo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt that anyone who has been legally living and working and paying taxes in the USA since 2010 is going to be thrown into a detention center or otherwise denied an opportunity to apply for permanent resident status on a priority basis. I have been wrong before but I just don't see how we would live with that. Anyone who could show a record of continuous employment and taxes paid should have a chance to continue to contribute.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I seriously doubt that anyone who has been legally living and working and paying taxes in the USA since 2010 is going to be thrown into a detention center or otherwise denied an opportunity to apply for permanent resident status on a priority basis. I have been wrong before but I just don't see how we would live with that. Anyone who could show a record of continuous employment and taxes paid should have a chance to continue to contribute.
    That idea of paying taxes for a couple of years is the base I used to help probably 20 different people from illegal status to legal residency/ It is one thing that does impress immigration in the USA.

9. Likes greydread, jstarebel liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    That idea of paying taxes for a couple of years is the base I used to help probably 20 different people from illegal status to legal residency/ It is one thing that does impress immigration in the USA.
    It's what keeps the gears turning.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910