3 rules

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Glad you posted, Daybee. The gals who post with stars in their eyes need to hear more stories like yours. I've lived in tourist areas in the DR for 16 years and know from observation that your story is true. Not uncommon to see an obviously enamored gal from Canada, Europe, or the US walking with a young Dominican male on the streets or in a restaurant (where girl usually pays, by the way), then later in the season to see the male with another, equally enamored gal.

I've come to believe that the reason many of these girls come to the Dominican Republic on vacation is to go out with these fellows. Life must be pretty dreary and the pickings pretty slim at home.

Kelly

Jun 11, 2002
Hi Daybee

I was wondering who the young man was you were talking about? I meet someone last year, I was thinking of going to see him, but I gave it allot of thought, and decided not to go, due to things that have been said.

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
Dominican Men

Hi Everyone

I thought long and hard before posting but decided the story should be told.

I am not young and stupid, hard up, overweight, divorced or any of the usual things people imagine you must be to get with a dominican man. Things at home were not bad either. It was just one of those things. I had actually gone away to get over the sudden death of a very dear friend. Perhaps therefore I was vulnerable??

I am sure they can't all be bad but I would be happy to share my unfortunate experience with anybody who wants to contact me at debbie.ward@sjberwin.com

I would just say that I will be going to the Dominican Republic again for holidays as I did make some very genuine friends there whom I am looking forward to seeing again but, for the record, I will NOT be considering any relationship with a Dominican man. Life is safer that way!!

Thanks for not saying "I told you so!"

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks for posting........

and glad you found out the truth before you got "too" hurt in the process. Much as people like HB, myself and Ken who have lived in tourist areas have been there, seen that , the point rings truer to star struck ladies (gentlemen) when told by someone who had been there-done that!!
We have a friend who has several ladies that visit quite often (and bring gifts and leave money or pay bills while there) and he always manages to make sure they're at different resorts in the area so he can see one one day and another that night or vice versa as the need may be. He really makes quite a good living at it and the money goes to support his children by his Dominican "wives" or to by luxuries like colour TV's, stereos, clothes, CD's etc or just gets drank by him and his friends at the colmado while they play dominos.
Do visit the DR., have fun,make friends, get laid if you like and then journey back home to everyday life. Mr.Right will make his appearance someday if you're fortunate.

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
Dominican Men

Hi MommC

Thanks for your post. I survived this one. Hope others will be as lucky...

This boy was from your side of town (Juan Dolio) perhaps he is your friend? - that would be funny.

I will continue to enjoy vacations in the DR but with my "wise" head on this time!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Wouldn't be named Micheal (Mickel)

would he? Now that would be funny!!
Could be we do know him tho'. Would depend on where he worked (which resort) and when.
If you want send me a PM and I'll rack my ole brain.....hehehe.
Living in a "tourist" area such as Juan Dolio we know a lot of guys and girls in the "business" and to us it is a business that they run.
Man the stories that we can tell having been there-seen that-heard that!! The conversations at the local phone center or overheard on cell phones (yes they hold the phone out so you can hear the love-lorn suitors) are sometimes a riot to listen to!!
It makes one wonder sometimes how people can be so blind or so forlorn,lonely,naive etc,etc.

Last edited:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Delurking to post my story

Sorry, but yes, another story along the same theme. I'm posting this with the hope that maybe some of these girls will start to realize that what all of you are saying is true if they hear that this is not as uncommon as they think it is.

Two years ago this summer, I went to DR for my second visit. I already heard all of the stories and saw for myself what goes on there, but despite all of that, I fell...not hard mind you, but I still fell.

So I met a guy who didn't work, yet always had money and always wore nice clothes. Strange, but I didn't care. I was on vacation and had just ended a 2 year relationship and decided to act on my impulses for once. I never sent this guy money or anything despite his efforts. And believe me he tried real hard.

I did however return for another vacation a few months later with 5 friends this time (I was vacationing alone when we met). My first night there he shows me a new tatoo on his arm and lo and behold...it's my name...I thought this was a little weird, but once again didn't seem to care.

It turns out, he has a wife from Holland who has the same name as me and he got the tatoo with our name with the hope that it would show how much he loved (lol) both or either of us...whichever was stupid enough to be taken by him (turns out her, not me).

Now to make this even worse, we were both there at the same time, at the same resort and this girl was soooo stupid (desperate?) that she didn't even care. Very sad. He even preyed on another girl during this time and his wife *still* didn't care.

For me, never again. I have friends who I still visit and we have a great time when I'm there, but that's it...it stays there.

Just wanted to share and to delurk for a change ;)

Cheers,

Deb

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
Dominican Men

I have just had an e-mail from somebody suggesting a new thread where we name and shame them all!!

MommC e-mail me direct debbie.ward@sjberwin.com and I will reveal all.

Ooops sorry to see another sad story. We must need our brains testing.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Dolores and Robert, isn't there some way that you can save the stories that have been told on this thread so that the information will benefit all of the girls who come to the board in the future with stars in their eyes?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You are going to "SHAME" a "Sankee"?

You are wasting your time.They don,t care if you post their name on the hotel's wall.It would be good for business!They love making fun of the girls they are "working".They sit around and try to out do each other about who got the "most money" from the uglyest girl!The girls are obviously hurt,because they look for ways to get even.Don't bother!Crisco

Carolina066

Jun 1, 2002
men DR style

MommC-- your discription of the guy who has several women from overseas who bring him money and gifts is the finest definition of the word CHULO that I have ever seen! Thanks for that!
Also the more I think about Hillbilly's 3 Rules for marrying a Dominican, the more I think he knows what the hell he is talking about. My ex had no money in the bank, no visa, and he sure as hell had no idea how to write a check--nor did he want to learn.
He did own his own home and another little rental property, had a motorcycle and a small pension from his military disability. He just flat out could not adapt to the USA. His mind was closed. I should have dumped him after the first time he told me to give money to his Mami--right in front of her. Now and as long as she lives, I will always help her. She is a lovely lady and was and is so good to me. He just did not get it that you don't put someone on the spot my telling them to give money right in front of the family.
Oh, well, my love for the DR continues abated. AFter 14 years of living and working there this one year marriage was just a blip on the horizon. Life goes on!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good idea, but it's not to shame sankies but to warn others heading for resorts or who are sending money and gifts. Then if the girls/ women wish to continue the relationship it's up to them.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Daybee......

no I won't be emailing you direct. I really don't need to know the details and I probably do know who it was....even if not Micheal (he was just one of the more flamboyant). Since we are considered "Dominicans" by the locals we do know most of them and some are quite good friends because they know we don't judge what they do (hey everyone has to make a living and even tho' we may not approve we don't distance ourselves from them).
I just hate to see so many get "taken" not so much for the money it costs them but for the emotional toll it takes.
Believe me when I say I've had more than one love lorn female cry on my shoulder and ask for advice on "how to get her man" to "love only her". I give the same advice in person that I do on the board.....open your eyes, accept that this is a life style and "job" for these guys, dry your tears, get over it and move on. Don't continue to be a "victim".
It would surprise some of them to know that their "sanki" or "puta" brings them to meet us (we're cheaper than a restaurant and have a fully stocked bar so unfortunately because we're "friends" we sometimes get "used" to impress a new conquest) so when they leave we are given all the "juicy" details of the new conquest and how naive/pathetic/deep pocketed they are. Has to do with the "bragg" factor I think.
So........

Kaylie1

Jun 17, 2002
I agree the Hillbilly's 3 rules for marrying a Dominican are great. Someone should post them at the top of the forum.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No I don't

Support and feed these sanki"s. All my friends are welcome at my house any time and it is an Italian tradition to "feed" all who are in the home at mealtimes. These friends (who happen to be sanki's) know that they are welcome regardless of their chosen "job" and I did say they "use" us, knowing that if they show up at our door with a "conquest" they will not be turned away just because they are "on the job".
I don't turn away our "coloured" friends or our "rich" friends or our "poor" friends either.
I can not stop these people from doing what they do and when we talk about their "job" they are the first to point out to us that even if they are "looking" for a "mark" the "mark" is looking for them and they can not resist an "easy" paycheque. I also wouldn't dream of insulting a guest in my home (the mark) by asking why they need to "be" with these gigolo's however when they ask for advice about the sanki you know my response. Individual choice is just that - a choice! Would I choose to go with a sanki? No....but if you do that's your choice.
Even you would be welcome in my home Tony C even tho' I know you think all women are prostitutes - but don't expect me the respect you considering I know what you think of me. That doesn't mean we still can't be friends. At least we both know where we stand with each other just as we do with our sanki friends. They don't ask us for money and I don't ask them not to do what they do to make money.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
MommC
So you have no problems being friends with somebody who makes a living off of preying off the emotions of women! You even help them by inviting them into your house! Where do you sit them at the dinner table? Between the Arsonist and the Nazi? Shame on you!
My house is always open to my friends but I would never be a friend of a Sankie.

Tony C.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Hanging out with low life leeches is called "Slumming"!

People who have this lifestyle like to be a "Big Fish" in a "Little Pond"!The Dominicans have a saying;"Show me who your friends are,and I'll tell you who you are!"It's kind of like over tipping,who wants to impress the wait staff,or the shoeshine boy?It is very common among the middle class "Ex-Pat" community all over the world.Have a lot of so called friends from the poor class,so you can be a big shot by feeding them and having an open bar.It is a harmless game,the poor get food & drink,and to hang out,and the Ex-Pat gets to play the role of the "God Father"!I went through that phase in the Orient,and again in the DR.I finally came to my senses about 10 years ago.Crisco