3 rules

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
It probably has more to do with the guys thinking, "Hey...I know! I'll bring her over to MommC's for supper. That way whatever-her-name-is will feel comfortable, I won't have to do any talking, we get a free meal, and it'll look like I have some nice, respectable friends!" This all figures into his dastardly calculations, you know.

Show me who your friends are,and I'll tell you who you are!"

So...MommC is a young Sankie?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Nope.....but maybe in a past life???

It gets kinda interesting when we also have some big city, well to do types in the house at the same time. Then we noticed that some of the generals or gov't "insiders" were already acquainted with some of the sanki's - in fact quite well acquainted with them. Seems they "share" some "business" interests (aside from the sex angle of it).
I also don't consider most of the sanki's to be preying on the emotions of others......usually they just have to make themselves available and the "others" do the preying. Isn't that why many of these "tourists" come to the DR - Sun,Sea, cerveza and SEX?? Sure they've learned to "sweet talk" their customers but then again isn't it a cultural thing in the DR to always say what you think the other person wants to hear?? Such as the plumber guaranteeing you he'll be there "manana" to fix you leaking tap, or the electrician telling you he'll be there mas tarde to correct the wiring problem. What about the mechanic saying the part for your car will arrive "oye"? Or always getting a "si,Si" to any question?
Read some of the post from gals like Cheryl W., White Wave and the many others in the past 6 months and you'll see that no matter what anyone tells them they're determined to "have a relationship" with a Dominican. So if the sex is that great that they close their eyes to everything else why should I hold it against the sanki who's only giving them what they want??

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
MommC, you just reminded me of something! hee, hee....

"but then again isn't it always a cultural thing in the DR to always say what you think the other person wants to hear?"

That is so true!! I was good friends with this guy and as I was leaving he said that he loves me! ha, ha, so I asked Why? and he said because I love him, so he loves me! Whatever! He thought that I wanted him to say that and I didn't! I couldn't stop laughing! then i felt bad for laughing at him....

Free

Apr 28, 2002
I smell something rotten..........and inconsistent

I don't turn away our "coloured" friends or our "rich" friends or our "poor" friends either.

What a revelation!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Not rotten or inconsistent Free......

I don't pick my friends based on the colour of their skin or their bank account or their occupation. The only persons not welcome in my home are liars and drug dealers - the former because you never know what they're up to and so cannot trust them and the latter because to me they are the scum of the earth.
Other than that I try to keep an open mind and get to know a person for who they really are.
Not to say there are not others who are not welcome in my home but that is because they have given me reason to exclude them from my sanctuary.
I've been honoured to have hosted people such as Micheal J. Fox and Paul Anka, the Princess Beatrix (formerly Queen of Holland) and other well known political figures(yes- I have pictures on my wall taken with them) as well as our Dominican "sanki" friends. People are people. Just like you and me!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry Mommc but wouldn't sankies pass as the BIGGEST liars of all. What's a liar? Only if they lie to you?

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Everybody lies when the benefit outweighs the drawback. Some people just don't realize the value of character and abuse the option to lie when convenient.

I respect MOMMC's "judge not", at least when she is "judging not". I also had no idea where she was getting her often right-on-target sanky info. Now I know.

Here's one. When Dominicans talk about themselves, they embellish A LOT. When they talk about others, it is usually a lot closer to the truth because their need to embellish is greatly diminished.

paul

Jan 1, 2002
www.angelfire.com
politically correct

To be politically correct .. and ad the dimension of truth to the discussion.. it is assumed that all references to "men" in the previous and following posts should also read "women"
thanks and now back to the discussions