A Typical Accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
<sarcasm mode on>

The tourist in that SUV did a good job. If every tourist who rents a car in DR will do the same, there will be no motorcycles in the near future.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
<sarcasm mode on>

The tourist in that SUV did a good job. If every tourist who rents a car in DR will do the same, there will be no motorcycles in the near future.

Your stupid / totally insensitive mode is what's ON.

Never mind that a young man, someone's son may be dead Do you have any idea what the life of the the "tourist" will be like here? And by the way - your description of the SUV driver as a "tourist" shows you know absolutely NOTHING about this.

maybe you should STFUp

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Your stupid / totally insensitive mode is what's ON.

Never mind that a young man, someone's son may be dead Do you have any idea what the life of the the "tourist" will be like here? And by the way - your description of the SUV driver as a "tourist" shows you know absolutely NOTHING about this.

maybe you should STFUp

thanks for replying to that post. i was going to, but i do not want to get banned tonight.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

the moto guy is not dead and the jeepeta driver was a tourist. this is the original news report: Cabarete: Accidente un joven herido

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Never mind that a young man, someone's son may be dead

Honestly, I wish that all motorcycle drivers here will crash into the tree or lamp post. And I don?t feel sad if they die, because they ALL drive like crazy. I have never seen ANY Dominican driving his motorcycle or moped normally. Even if they are good basketball players, I will not cry for them.

Do you have any idea what the life of the the "tourist" will be like here?

Yes, he will pay 5 to 20 thousand dollars to the guy?s family and lawyers. Or nothing, if he is smart and if he knows what to do.

And by the way - your description of the SUV driver as a "tourist" shows you know absolutely NOTHING about this.

That?s what the first post in this thread says:

A local guy on a moped and a car (driven by a tourist) collided.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Dominican road rule #1, the bigger one always has right of way.......

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Honestly, I wish that all motorcycle drivers here will crash into the tree or lamp post. And I don?t feel sad if they die, because they ALL drive like crazy. I have never seen ANY Dominican driving his motorcycle or moped normally. Even if they are good basketball players, I will not cry for them.

Yes, he will pay 5 to 20 thousand dollars to the guy?s family and lawyers. Or nothing, if he is smart and if he knows what to do.

That?s what the first post in this thread says:

if they affect you that much that you wish them all dead, maybe you should consider going home. that way you don't get carried away and resort to self help, killing a few yourself.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I don't care what the original news report or the first post says. The SUV driver is NOT a tourist. And the only reason I even brought this up was to point out that you have no idea what you are talking about. But I guess you read it on the internet, so it must be true.

'Course on DR1 that never stops folks who knowitall, or need to get in the LAST WORD.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I don't care what the original news report or the first post says. The SUV driver is NOT a tourist. And the only reason I even brought this up was to point out that you have no idea what you are talking about. But I guess you read it on the internet, so it must be true.
'Course on DR1 that never stops folks who knowitall, or need to get in the LAST WORD.

yeah. because you know better, gotcha.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
if they affect you that much that you wish them all dead, maybe you should consider going home.
They affect everybody who drives in DR, and especially in Santo Domingo. And I wish them to crash into a tree or lamp post, but not into somebody's car. Because repairing a car after the accident sometimes gets more expensive than the moped driver's life. My friend had an accident with a moped a couple of years ago, he had just a basic (not full) insurance for his car, the moped driver died, and my friend had to repair the front bumper, headlights, grille, hood, windshield and the roof of his car, that was more expensive than legal fees to close the case.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
They affect everybody who drives in DR, and especially in Santo Domingo. And I wish them to crash into a tree or lamp post, but not into somebody's car. Because repairing a car after the accident sometimes gets more expensive than the moped driver's life. My friend had an accident with a moped a couple of years ago, he had just a basic (not full) insurance for his car, the moped driver died, and my friend had to repair the front bumper, headlights, grille, hood, windshield and the roof of his car, that was more expensive than legal fees to close the case.

as i said, you need to go home. your response confirms it. when you have sufficient contempt and disdain for a people to compare a life to sheetmetal and glass, you have no business living among those people.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
moto clearly speeding which makes it difficult for car driver to judge its speed and distance since ita a small vehicle. Car may have never saw him coming. If the moto was not speeding it would have been able to brake or turn so as to miss the car. Both at fault if this was the real world. Moto driver killed or very seriously injured, car has a dent in l.f. fender. I rather be the car. Very common accident scenario all over the world.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
if a vehicle is small and traveling at a hi rate of speed it does in fact appear suddenly. Traveling fast it can be hard to see something as small as a moto coming at you straight on.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
as i said, you need to go home. your response confirms it. when you have sufficient contempt and disdain for a people to compare a life to sheetmetal and glass, you have no business living among those people.
This is normal in DR. If Dominicans don't value their lives, why should I value their lives? I don't give a f@ck, really.

And as previous poster said, the moto could just slow down, but instead of that he tried to do it Dominican way, so he got what he deserves.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013

well said. my thoughts exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.