A Typical Accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
This is normal in DR. If Dominicans don't value their lives, why should I value their lives? I don't give a f@ck, really.

And as previous poster said, the moto could just slow down, but instead of that he tried to do it Dominican way, so he got what he deserves.

What he DESERVES ? Nuff said

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
where is CB. or Frank?

Where is Frank or CB? Be interested in their views on the moto accident. Cars turning left into the path of motorcycles is one of the most common accident scenarios. A helmet and headlights would have helped.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This is normal in DR. If Dominicans don't value their lives, why should I value their lives? I don't give a f@ck, really.

And as previous poster said, the moto could just slow down, but instead of that he tried to do it Dominican way, so he got what he deserves.

That sentiment is what contributes to you being a despicable human being, part of the problem and a sociopath to boot. Stand in front of a mirror and repeat that to yourself. Are you not tempted to smack yourself upside the head for saying something so asinine in public?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have people pulling out on me the whole time here..............I also have moto riders zipping past me all the time....from the video it seems the moto is going too fast to stop.

whether or not the motorcyclist is going too fast is immaterial. it does not negate the responsibility of the motorist to enter the roadway only when it is safe to do so. if the guy was speeding, it was all the more incumbent upon the driver of the SUV to wait, because the impact is greater if the speed is higher.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That sentiment is what contributes to you being a despicable human being, part of the problem and a sociopath to boot. Stand in front of a mirror and repeat that to yourself. Are you not tempted to smack yourself upside the head for saying something so asinine in public?

he does not think it is asinine. clever, maybe, but not asinine.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Both parties are at fault. Moto driving too fast to be able to stop if he needs to, SUV crossing oncoming traffic without sufficient time to complete the maneuver. Both are in this situation because both are equally culpable. If you can't stop, you are driving too fast. If you pull out and the way forward is not clear your judgment is off and continuing to drive here will sooner or later result in exactly the same thing happening.

I drive a moto. I'm tempted to cruise into Sosua at 80 km/h and from time to time for about 30 seconds I do enjoy the breeze, but common sense quickly takes hold and I slow to 50 km/h or less. Anything faster than 50 in perfect conditions is just too fast to be able to react successfully in time, every time.

You make your own luck and fulfill your own fate, in a car, on a moto or just walking down the street not watching oncoming traffic.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
2 Videos

First video:
The moped rider steered to the left, almost like in an intent to hit the car.
But well, maybe he thought he was fast enough to make it past the car
(before the latter got there).

Braking? Yes, good idea. But we don't know whether he had any brakes... :rolleyes:

Second video:
The guagua did not have much contact of the front wheels to the tarmac...
But they will find, that the wheelbarrow caused the 'accident'...
Case closed. :laugh:

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From what I see in that video, the SUV should not have turned before the moto passed. Simply from that limited view the SUV driver appears to have been at fault. If the SUV had a clear view of the moto, it does not matter that the moto was speeding and on the wrong side of the road.

However, we cannot see if there was a double parked vehicle further up the road to the left, or even another slower moving moto that this moto in the accident may have zipped around and then appeared "out of nowhere" to the SUV driver because of a limited sight distance. That kind of lunatic driving happens all of the time here.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
When I was sixteen, back in England, my friends and I had scooters. We would drive everywhere as fast as the things would go. I'm not saying it was right or sensible, but that's what young guys do. We had a few spills, but luckily nothing as bad as the guy in Cabarete had. We learned by our mistakes and now we are mature, sensible drivers. Presumably, Gringo Starr would have wished us all dead!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
When I was sixteen, back in England, my friends and I had scooters. We would drive everywhere as fast as the things would go. I'm not saying it was right or sensible, but that's what young guys do. We had a few spills, but luckily nothing as bad as the guy in Cabarete had. We learned by our mistakes and now we are mature, sensible drivers. Presumably, Gringo Starr would have wished us all dead!

or he would have run you over.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks for posting that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad they repeated the "Vid" several times, saved me the trouble.
I could watch THAT ALL DAY!!!!!!!!
AND, the website has even more great videos, check them all out!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I'm going to patronize "Playero" next time I'm in Sosua!!!!!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
from the video it appears that there might be a curve in the road or that building near the edge of the road could block the cars vision. If so the fact that the moto was speeding would make it appear out of no where. I had a similar event at the International School Road where it meets the highway. There is a curve to my left and I was turning in the same fashion as the video. I was just entering the hiway when a car came at extremely high speed out of the curve. I just made it and avoided the accident. Take a look see at the video and see is vision is blocked or there is a curve. Once again, where are CB and Frank. They both have lots of moto road experience and probably even know the spot where the accident happened.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
from the video it appears that there might be a curve in the road or that building near the edge of the road could block the cars vision. If so the fact that the moto was speeding would make it appear out of no where. I had a similar event at the International School Road where it meets the highway. There is a curve to my left and I was turning in the same fashion as the video. I was just entering the hiway when a car came at extremely high speed out of the curve. I just made it and avoided the accident. Take a look see at the video and see is vision is blocked or there is a curve. Once again, where are CB and Frank. They both have lots of moto road experience and probably even know the spot where the accident happened.

it does say restaurant tropicoco in the report. just before gorditos on the left......

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What I can't see is the other 200 motoristas that normally show up at any accident involving a motor bike. Maybe they cut the video off a few seconds early?

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
and that is why I take the bus or taxi..... but even then it only takes some idiot to lose control and plow 1nto you

Status
Not open for further replies.