american murdered in santiago

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Getting Even with Randolph?

Is there anything more to this?

On the one hand, I do not like such a question, as it insinuates that it could have been the victim's fault to get murdered.
We simply do not know and maybe never will.
As already said, in this country you can get killed for virtually nothing, chosen randomly.

On the other hand, in
Estrangulan norteamericano en Santiago, presuntamente para robarle
it says:
"muerte a cargo de desconocidos, tuvo como origen el robo, aunque la forma da riendas a la especulaci?n de posible ajuste de cuentas".

Again, we do not know why this speculation was mentioned.
One can only hope that investigations are comprehensive and profound.
For that I believe US authorties would want to look into this crime.

donP

May 12, 2005
Wouldn't surprise me if it came out that the killers were somehow related to a chica that he was seeing. Another gringo dating barrio chopas and bringing them back home. Allowing them to see where he lived and what he owned.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That's because their life costs zero pesos, and as I said before, they simply don't have a brain to think that somebody else's life has value. They live like animals, they die like animals, and they have no idea what is the value of a human life, since you have to be a human to know it, and they are not.

P.S. moderators, you can ban me for this, but when another animal will come to your house to kill you for your laptop, what will you say then? A great speech about tolerance? :))

You don't seem to "get" it. We all get frustrated at times in DR, but you make a habit of condemning the entire populace of the country with each and every post. We do not need - or want - your continuous negativity and hatred of Dominicans.

Keep it up and I promise you that the next banning will be permanent.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
More gruesome murders.
Condolences to the Dominican family as well.
"Mientras el comerciante nativo de Mao, identificado como Juan Nicol?s Reyes fue asesinado a tiros para despojarlo de 300 mil pesos.
Tambi?n su hijo Juan Reyes de 25 a?os fue impactado por los disparos en caso ocurrido en el Hospedaje Yaque en Santiago".
Why focus on the American only.
Dominicans are victims of crime and the system more often than foreigners.
It's time the Dominican executive addressees this major problem.
Maybe Pichardo can use his connections in high places?
Anyone not living in a hovel is a target, and even those living in caba?as get victimized.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Why focus on the American only.
Dominicans are victims of crime and the system more often than foreigners..

we focus on foreigners because we are mostly foreigners on this site. if i were to report murders of dominicans i would type my fingers down to the bone. crime is a major problem for everyone who lives in this country.

and HUG, it's fine to call me a rat in a drainpipe. i honestly laughed so much at this i almost choked on my tres pasitos.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Oh give it a rest, your spin has me dizzy. If I wanted to offend I'd have said 'dog on a rabbit', but I didn't so shut up?

actually, i intended that remark for those on the site with a semblance of a sense of humor.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well I agree with AE
continuous negativity and hatred of Dominicans is a pain because of course all dominicans are not bad...
but on the other hand, I guess yes one of the problem is that some of them dont value life for more than a few coins

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Killing the victim eliminates the eye witness. I am working on pretending to be blind so I am ready when they come after me.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
RIP to the the victim......Victim blaming (under pure assumptions with zero proof) shows a lack of intelligence and a need to feel insulated from an all too common crime in the DR.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You don't seem to "get" it. We all get frustrated at times in DR, but you make a habit of condemning the entire populace of the country with each and every post. We do not need - or want - your continuous negativity and hatred of Dominicans.

One way to put a stop to this and in keeping face would be to produce a thread of the wonderful things comming out of DR, on the backs of the DR natives. :laugh:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, how powerful you are... you did not answer me, will it help you when they come to your house to kill you for your laptop, toaster and microwave oven? Just imagine that moment, the gun is pointed on you and in a few seconds you are dead. Will you repeat the same in that moment, about the entire population, good Dominicans, blah blah blah....??

And, by the way, you don't get it. Not all Dominicans are killers or robbers, of course. But all of them don't understand the value of a human life. That's why even nice Dominicans drive like crazy and sometimes kill somebody on a road. That's why people die in hospitals because of doctor's or nurse's mistake... because it's NO IMPORTA... because SI DIOS QUIERE. Because the value of a human life in DR is zero pesos, and everybody knows it,. And this will not change even if they build 10 new lines of Metro and 50 new shopping malls. And this is not a negativity. Just pure facts.

Really my experience has been different than yours. I know plenty of caring Dominican doctors, even honest cops. I guess it must be because Dios quiere. I will always remember that during my honeymoon , while in Las Galeras a old woman came running out of a house to tell us not to go down the road as she just saw two guys that were suspected of robbing tourists go down the road five minutes ahead of us. It must be hard going through life with an attitude like yours, and yes I am well aware of all the pitfalls of Dominican society.

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Observation from the Frontier : Good News

First off I would like to agree with the moderators that I think some of you all who continuously spout off with the negative " bullsh*t should be banned permanently. I remember quite fondly when this site was first started and have followed its growth over the years and have always found it to be a excellent source of valuable information on life here in the Republica Dominicana. But recently it seems we are having a " select few " dominating the conversation on a lot of threads with their " personal negative views ". Grow up !!! If you feel this way leave...go back where you came from or at least offer something positive to the site. Someone being killed is a tragedy no matter if it is a foreigner or a Dominican and that is a " fact of life " and you should be able to express your negative views on the situation in ONE REPLY to the thread. But to continuously keep harping your negativity in one thread after another, reply after reply, getting off subject to express " personal slights " to other contributors is boring and only reinforces your basic stupidity. The small group of you doing this know who you are and I would love to see you take your " circle jerk " elsewhere...put then that is my personal opinion be it what it is. So on to some Good News:

These are just a few of the " positive things " that have happened to me in the twenty ( 20 ) years that I have been doing business or living in this country.

1: Have broken down numerous times on the road and have ALWAYS found someone who stopped and offered to help. Being non mechanical myself I was usually back on the road or at least taken to the nearest " good mechanic ". Hillbilly might remember the time I broke down in Santiago visiting him on my way up to see Marco on the north coast for some of his ribs. The mechanic came to fix my car in the parking lot of the hotel and had me up and running the next morning.

2: Have left my money clip on the counter of various comodos at different times and have ALWAYS had someone stop me and hand it back to me.

3: Have left a pair of expensive sunglasses at a " barrio fried chicken " spot I visit infrequently and had them given them back when I next visited.

4: Was asked by one of my local guagua drivers if I could " spot him some money " for gas one evening when I was the only passenger on his last run. He wanted to make sure he could get home. I personally " wrote off " the $200RD I gave him and was pleasantly surprised when he gave it back to me the next time I was a passenger of his.

5: On one of my early morning walks, 5:30am for an hour, I slipped on some " cow sh*t " I did not see in the dark and fell down a slight slope on the side of the road. Was assisted to the local hospital by motorcycle rider who witnessed the event...not badly hurt but he insisted because my hand was bleeding. When there I noticed I had lost my cell phone back that the accident site. When the nurse had patched me up she gave me back my cell phone telling me the motorcycle guy and gone back and found it in the bushes where I had fell. He had continued on his way to wherever he was going...asked for NOTHING !!

I could go on but I think I have made my point.

Kfrancisco de Cabral

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I think that Gringo Star expressed himself badly but a large percentage of people in this country live life on the edge .. is that the same as saying that they put little value on life or is that they have no idea of living life without risks ???. Although all over the country we see the sign ..manaje con prudencia ... in fact very few Dominicans do drive with any prudence .
I do not think that,generally speaking, Dominicans respect other peoples lives to the same extent Europeans or English do and we can see that in all aspects of life here ..but that is only generally speaking . I saw an article recently about all the people who were killed or injured only for a cel phone ..far best just to let these people take what they want and stay alive.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
You guys are funny. In one thread you sell this 'Paradise Island' bullshlt, in another thread you ask where to buy security cameras and how to put high voltage fence and barbed wire around your house.

Maybe I express myself badly, but at least my opinion is not diametrically opposed from thread to thread.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
And more astounding, a lawyer here did something for me for free! Not once, but twice. The first time he knew I would come back to have him do the contract. The second time, nothing in it for him. I just needed someone to intimidate the cable company to let them know I was done f#(%ng around with them. Ok, he sent his assistant, but it worked. No charge. Hour and half.

And, there's more. My assistant's mother just got out of the hospital. Four days with denque. Correctly diagnosed! Cost $7,600 pesos for four days including all. And, constant attention, the daughter got tired of the nurse checking up to make sure all was ok. And the hospital room was clean!!!!

Holy s^&t - another one. Sometimes I mix up $100 peso and $1000 peso notes, they look similar to me in low light after a few Presidentes. So, I left what I think is a couple hundred pesos for the two beers, half way down the block the bartender (female - Dominicana) comes after me and says - franco, you left me a $1000 peso note, I know you meant to leave just the $100's. True. I left a propina, but I did not mean to leave the $1000.

Don't misunderstand this. These are all good things that happen here. For us. The sarcasm is about the grim negativity here.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

Watch out AE or he might get you 'locked up' :D :D :D

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
We all complain but end up staying ... if you want security and ethical neighbors go to middle america. Here we complain and live among evil but go to the beach and play golf when we want. We have maids and drive and carry ourselves with impunity....

Nothings perfect, but for me the party is over, we are going back to Florida but this time North Florida where demographics are very different and people do things the right way.