american murdered in santiago

smitty777

Jul 21, 2013
They need a better education system or things will stay the same. Detroit is a perfect example. It went from an industrial, middle class city to a garbage city. As their schools got worse so did their population.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Gringo...you should see your proctologist and have him remove your eyeballs from your asshole and get rid of that ****ty outlook you have on life in RD.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Ok so Dominicans kill for a few pesos because they'e animals and have no idea of the value of a human life. So this means that gringos, who often kill FOR NO REASON, are worse than animals.LMAO!

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
and get rid of that ****ty outlook you have on life in RD.

I have never said that life in RD is bad. And it can be even better if you don't have your rose colored glasses on. If you want to live a really good life you have to understand what you REALLY have around you and how to deal with it.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
The thing here is that a man got killed in his house by people he let in I would assume.
This to me is scare. I am here in Santiago now and to think that someone I know would kill me makes
me uncomfortablen

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i find it interesting that he seems to have been killed in a similar way as the guy in la romana few weeks ago: tied up and strangled.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The homicide rate here is lower than any Western country, so overall Dominican value life more than any gringo.

If you are confused about any terms I recommend you read the Dominican Constitution.

Not true Chip, the homicide rate here is far higher than Canada or any western European country. The amount of young people that meet their maker from moto accidents on any given day shows lack of common sense as well as lack of value for their own lives. As far as homicides- there are a lot of drug related killings, jealousy/relationship killings, revenge killings, killing over insults/traffic incidents....etc.
None of this means that most Dominicans don't value life. It does mean one has to be careful here.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
This is obvious there is definitely a serious crime problem in the DR and expats are being targeted at a very high rate and the criminals are not afraid to strangle and kill people and this puts everyone in the DR in danger. Who's Kidding Whom?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Poor Thugs Slay

i find it interesting that he seems to have been killed in a similar way as the guy in la romana few weeks ago: tied up and strangled.

Tied up and strangled simply means that they did not have a gun (or ammunition)... :tired:
It has been suggested, that it also is a common kind of killing when a settlement of accounts is done.
I for one, do not find that conclusive.

donP

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009

Me too and in his house. Who was he a tourist a business owner we do not get a tun of partying sex tourist in Santiago.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Tied up and strangled simply means that they did not have a gun (or ammunition)... :tired:
It has been suggested, that it also is a common kind of killing when a settlement of accounts is done.
I for one, do not find that conclusive.

donP
Tied up and strangled simply means that they needed him alive to tell them where his money are, or is there a hidden safe, or where is the key, or what is the code, or what is the pin of his credit card that they found in his wallet.. But when they took everything they found, they did not need a witness anymore.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
The thing here is that a man got killed in his house by people he let in I would assume.
This to me is scare. I am here in Santiago now and to think that someone I know would kill me makes
me uncomfortablen
Not everybody you know can kill you in you house, but anybody you know can guide those killers to your house. Neighbors, colmado guys, chicas, somebody who did some work in your house.... anybody. Dominicans love to talk. And they love to get their commission from something, doesn't matter, if they help to sell your car or if they help somebody to rob your house and kill you, it's the same thing for most of them. No values.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Or he didn't follow any rules of common sense. Perhaps he was drunk, flashing money around, bragging, and associating with people he met in a bar or carwash and thinking they were his friends.

What else? He did not have a high voltage fence, five pit bulls or bulldogs in his yard, he did not open the door with a shotgun in his hands? Blaming the victim is not right in this case.

You don't need to flash money around if you are white. If you are flashing your white face around, that's enough. You are white —> that means that you are rich -> you must have a million dollar in cash in your house -> let's rob and kill that gringo in his house, easy money for Presidente and Brugal! Welcome to Paradise!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com

Common method here!

No noise, no blood!
Very Quiet, and they strangle to get you to show them the money, then kill you, weather or not you do.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There is good and bad here. But money seems to always be the common denominator in these killings. Sometimes I think some expats can be a little too trusting with the wrong people.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There is good and bad here. But money seems to always be the common denominator in these killings. Sometimes I think some expats can be a little too trusting with the wrong people.

100% correct. it boggles the mind. there are Canadians i know in the DR who would not be caught dead going to places like Jane and Finch in Toronto, not even in broad daylight. that much they have told me. too much risk of getting wasted, they say. then they come to the DR, and end up in some questionable barrios, making fast friends with some really questionable chaff. one of these fine days they will be wondering why it is they are tied up with a Walmart extension cord, and are riding around in the trunk of a car near Guananico.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As perhaps the only poster who actually knew Randy, let me say that I was very saddened
by this news.

Tomm, another friend, sent me a note yesterday afternoon but with few details. i read the newspapers and saw the speculations.

It is sad, because Randy was a writer of some talent, and a guitar player--not my forte--of more enthusiasm than
talent but that never stopped him. And he held his beer fairly well.

He worked online and earned his living expenses. There was NO money flashing, that
I can almost guarantee. He lived with me for over two years...I cannot comment on his
behavior socially, except to say that he did have a libido.

No matter, we have lost a pretty nice guy, who would brighten a dinner or breakfast table, was
very well read and willing to share what he knew. His family was from Indianapolis.

I do not know if Fausto, the US Consular agent, has taken part in any of the events postmortem.
I hope his family is made aware.

a saddened HB

May 12, 2005
Please no more posts about Dominican society in general. Keep them to the original topic or this thread will go by by. Thank you