american murdered in santiago

Jan 9, 2004
As perhaps the only poster who actually knew Randy, let me say that I was very saddened
by this news.

Tomm, another friend, sent me a note yesterday afternoon but with few details. i read the newspapers and saw the speculations.

It is sad, because Randy was a writer of some talent, and a guitar player--not my forte--of more enthusiasm than
talent but that never stopped him. And he held his beer fairly well.

He worked online and earned his living expenses. There was NO money flashing, that
I can almost guarantee. He lived with me for over two years...I cannot comment on his
behavior socially, except to say that he did have a libido.

No matter, we have lost a pretty nice guy, who would brighten a dinner or breakfast table, was
very well read and willing to share what he knew. His family was from Indianapolis.

I do not know if Fausto, the US Consular agent, has taken part in any of the events postmortem.
I hope his family is made aware.

a saddened HB

HB:

Was this the gentleman who lived upstairs in the casita out back....around December 2012?
If so, I met him briefly.

Either way, sad news indeed.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Please no more posts about Dominican society in general. Keep them to the original topic or this thread will go by by. Thank you

This issue is not about society and what expats are living against? OK. Just open an R.I.P forum, people can leave condolences and nothing more needs to be said. I've said this before.
If expats are going to continue to be murdered in such ways, it is absolutely related to DR society. If we're not to discuss the real issue, then again. Why no DR1, R.I.P. forum? Makes life easier for all of us.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Because it's bad for DR1 forum Business that's why!

Exactly, to falsify is of more importance than what?
I think the balance is correct. If there is only negative input, the output and opinion will stress that, as it does.
TA is there if you're looking for promotion and skip the BS that residents live with.
I've yet to see anyone deny the reality, only some (as here) asking for people not to stress it.
The call goes in short, 'stop telling the truth' this is supposed to be paradise. Meanwhile, as mentioned earlier those telling people to stop telling the truth of society are asking advise on electric fenced, gun protection, security dogs and handy pepper spray.
Go figure!:ermm:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Exactly, to falsify is of more importance than what?
I think the balance is correct. If there is only negative input, the output and opinion will stress that, as it does.
TA is there if you're looking for promotion and skip the BS that residents live with.
I've yet to see anyone deny the reality, only some (as here) asking for people not to stress it.
The call goes in short, 'stop telling the truth' this is supposed to be paradise. Meanwhile, as mentioned earlier those telling people to stop telling the truth of society are asking advise on electric fenced, gun protection, security dogs and handy pepper spray.

Not really, I think people are just saying don't paint everyone with one brush.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
These days my pattern of living could be said to have changed markedly;
no security guard- because they talk and i dont want to be part of an 'Italian job"...it happens
No putas, chicas or visitors of any kind to my home
If i wanna bang a broad i drive a distance from my home, find a love hotel or tap it in the back of my jeep. NOT IN MY HOUSE.
If the chick asks to come to my house i give her a cock and bull**** story about not having one
I have 1 guy that comes to work on my house and yard...and to my mind thats one guy to many.
I like this country, i quite like the people...i just dont let them get near the cash register

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Meanwhile, as mentioned earlier those telling people to stop telling the truth of society are asking advise on electric fenced, gun protection, security dogs and handy pepper spray.
If you start to post only the truth about this country and society, not the "paradise" bullshlt, there will be no point for Guzman Ariza, Malecon Apartment Rentals and others to pay for advertizing here. Every time somebody posts the truth, mods delete it and ban the poster. I hope someday somebody will create a message board about the REAL DR.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Interest

.... a message board about the REAL DR.

Only few would be interested in that.

There are 2 groups which make up about 90%... :bunny: :tired:

rosecoloredglassesdog_zpsnje1qigv.jpeg

746f92cd-23ec-4165-96c7-136618a81d02_zpsgc9fsrdz.jpg

donP

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
These days my pattern of living could be said to have changed markedly;
no security guard- because they talk and i dont want to be part of an 'Italian job"...it happens
No putas, chicas or visitors of any kind to my home
If i wanna bang a broad i drive a distance from my home, find a love hotel or tap it in the back of my jeep. NOT IN MY HOUSE.
If the chick asks to come to my house i give her a cock and bull**** story about not having one
I have 1 guy that comes to work on my house and yard...and to my mind thats one guy to many.
I like this country, i quite like the people...i just dont let them get near the cash register

more often than not it is an inside job. some chica, or some guy you think is your fren.

simple solution...no chicas at your house, and do not have any frens.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
neither donP nor i were banned for starting threads about violence. we pick up on crime directed at foreigners and some other random acts that are out of the ordinary or may be of interest.

this is a board about real DR. it has room for both the bad and the good.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
more often than not it is an inside job. some chica, or some guy you think is your fren.

simple solution...no chicas at your house, and do not have any frens.

Don't forget the 'primos' of the chica.. maybe you have a small problem in your house and the primo can come and help you.. than he is your frien.. next day he will be at your house with another friend to check something out and...

when your guard is down than its goodbye..

Never let your guard down when someone is in your house.. even not the cable guy.. be on extra alert when its more than 1 guy in your house and you are alone.. best way is to have someone with you in the house when you let 1 person enter your house.. let the other have a gun ready... if this is not possible show the guy you have a gun and never never turn your back on him.. always have the wall behind you so no sudden attacks..

and chica time is in cabanas not in your house!

Kantana

Mar 25, 2012
If you start to post only the truth about this country and society, not the "paradise" bullshlt, there will be no point for Guzman Ariza, Malecon Apartment Rentals and others to pay for advertizing here. Every time somebody posts the truth, mods delete it and ban the poster. I hope someday somebody will create a message board about the REAL DR.

I have come across a site in the past dedicated to documenting the murders of foreigners in the Dominican Republic. It covers the entire country and brings these gruesome crimes in great details to the fore, and warns everyone to stay away. Because of this, the site is hated by the owners of dr1 and other Dominican apologists.
I cannot remeber what it is called.
......Ktn:rolleyes:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Watchdog

I have come across a site in the past dedicated to documenting the murders of foreigners in the Dominican Republic. It covers the entire country and brings these gruesome crimes in great details to the fore, and warns everyone to stay away. Because of this, the site is hated by the owners of dr1 and other Dominican apologists.
I cannot remeber what it is called.

That must be the site of Jan Vistisen, Founder of Dominican Watchdog.
This guy (Danish?) obviously had some bad experience here and a personal feud, thus a mud slinger ever since.
His news selection is totally lopsided and full of negativity.
I would not recommend that page as the sole source of information... :rolleyes:

donP

onlyinthedr

Nov 25, 2013
I don't agree with the moderators. I think an opinion is the right that a person has. The younger generation allows both sides to make their arguments. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Sharing different experiences and thoughts ... many are subjective but not offensive. Also, not vulgar either, differences of ways of viewing situations.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I don't agree with the moderators. I think an opinion is the right that a person has. The younger generation allows both sides to make their arguments. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Sharing different experiences and thoughts ... many are subjective but not offensive. Also, not vulgar either, differences of ways of viewing situations.

What do you have an issue with?
You lurked for 20 months to voice your opinion?
Nobody censors differences of opinion on this board.