AntiHatianismo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
1. So now you speak for the world.

2. Any nation tired of giving AID and relief can stop giving AID and relief. The whining solves nothing.

That's exactly what most of them are doing. Since they see no change in the attitude of the Haitian gov or the people behind it to effect change as needed.

3. DR is free to close its border to all movements of people and goods...and is free to refuse services to the haitians in DR.

The DR does it like every six months or so and the flow of Haitians via the open border is the result. The U.S. with all their cash and gear can't shut theirs with Mexico, let alone the Canadian to the north, how do you propose the DR as a poorer country and less equipped would shut it with any more success?

As far as services rendered for pregnant Haitian women at DR hospitals? Is basic common sense. If they didn't the kids will be born with some defect and end up as an extra legitimate handicapped beggar in the streets of the DR. Which do you think makes more sense to have at end of the day for the DR? A crippled beggar or a fully able body that at least crossed the border to work, illegally? The lesser of the two evils is the desired one.

4. DR did not donate any so called university. A DR construction company built a few buildings in the haitian countryside to be used as university.......in the deal several construction contracts were awarded to dominican companies for post earthquake reconstruction.

The DR fully donated the campus to the Haitian people. The only other donors that came to offer some monetary assistance to that end, only provided the funds for the partial equipment. The funds were based on the equipment they donated, not the actual materials, man work hours and all the other expenses in tools to create the campus. All that came from the Dominican taxpayers. Unlike your press reports...

5. The little equivalent of a high school campus is in Haiti and Haitians have a right to name it after anyone they see fit.

The equivalent of a campus that Haiti has no equivalent for. Zip! None! No campus of any university, college, school, high school or anything else existing in Haiti before or after comes even close to that campus donated by the DR to Haiti.

Show it if you have it here:

6. Anry Kristoff is a Haitian national hero...it is of ZERO importance how Dominicans see him.

The names used on that campus were selected by the same Haitian gov people that selected the campus site, not any DR person or politicians. The fact that in Haiti gov changes and all changes in the merry go round of games when it comes to politics, is what provided for the name changing of the already picked titles of the campus. Like usual, Haitians doing what they're best known for: Disorder.

7. If Haitians have always been "uno malo agradecidos" whatever that means......then why are dominicans insisting on what they perceive as helping or giving?

Who said that? I certainly didn't! But... I know for a fact that YOUR Haitian media DID!!! LOL!!!

8. Finally the crying over the little bans shows that it is haiti helping DR....and it is DR begging for Haitian trade.

The crying has little to do with helping whom, and all to do with the fact that Haiti demand create the supply and hence the investment to satisfy that demand by DR producers. Halting trade on a whims, is not only damaging to the producers that invested to satisfy that demand, but it also mean that they must cope with paying for those upgrades from their now reduced demand as well.

But, don't worry! The DR producers learned their lesson the hard way. Haiti will learn theirs even harder when they face a shock from their non-DR supply chain and call back to the DR to temporarily patch it. It will cost them greatly!

Same things happens when the outside suppliers do trade with Haiti in the aftermath of the bans imposed to the DR industry sector. What happened to the DR can happen also to them, so they will be very careful of how they accommodate Haiti's demand from their supply chain. Karma is a b*tch!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This thread is a perfect example of the mentality of the Haitian politicians who make poor decisions based more on spiting others or ling their pockets and never bother to consider the ramifications to the common people. No wonder they can't get ahead.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So I guess if Haiti was an island .....no help would have arrived?

DR was the easiest route...simply because it is there.

If it was not there..the aid would have arrived by air...by boat...by smaller planes from Jamaica..Cuba...and turk and Caicos etc.

If you want to beat your chest simply for your geographical location....and it makes you feel good...go for it.

The way we see it...DR benefitted way beyound its little assistance.

whose WE?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
This thread is a perfect example of the mentality of the Haitian politicians who make poor decisions based more on spiting others or ling their pockets and never bother to consider the ramifications to the common people. No wonder they can't get ahead.

Gwozozo is the typical Haitian that has little in common with the average and majority of Haiti's population.

He comes from the very tiny middle class, which is able to get a ticket out of Haiti and into the U.S., Canada or France.

His experience is totally the reverse of what the average Haitian experiences day after day in Haiti.

Haiti's middle class is out of touch with the majority of Haitians by a large margin.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
10 million people even if they only spend a few pesos each is a lot of buying power. Of course Dominican businesses want to sell in Haiti, and if Haitians had their **** together they would be providing the products themselves, forcing down the prices for all consumers, if free market rules were allowed.
Your criticism of the University is kind of nasty. After they didn't have to build anything. Talk about insensitive.
Canadian military aid planes flew directly into Haiti and only used the DR for R&R.

1. Of course you want to sell to Haiti....then don't act like you are doing haiti a favor.

2. Haiti does not have to provide all products itself...it has the right to choose what to buy and from whom...**** together or not.

3. For Haiti to start getting its **** together...it must began to reduce the unrestricted flow of DR products.

4. There is no university to criticize....there is nothing going on in these buildings......the suggestion is that they be used to train an house factory workers for the new korean lead industrial park.

5. Me telling you the facts behind the so called university gift is not nasty or insensitive.......it is telling it like it is. It was built for a reason.....to get contracts.......a bribe with no benefits to Haiti.

6. Canadian planes flying in directly just prove my point that DR was not needed for the AID to arrive.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
But, don't worry! The DR producers learned their lesson the hard way. Haiti will learn theirs even harder when they face a shock from their non-DR supply chain and call back to the DR to temporarily patch it. It will cost them greatly!

Same things happens when the outside suppliers do trade with Haiti in the aftermath of the bans imposed to the DR industry sector. What happened to the DR can happen also to them, so they will be very careful of how they accommodate Haiti's demand from their supply chain. Karma is a b*tch!

Then that is something for Haitians to wory about.......you worry about your DR.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
1. Of course you want to sell to Haiti....then don't act like you are doing haiti a favor.

2. Haiti does not have to provide all products itself...it has the right to choose what to buy and from whom...**** together or not.

3. For Haiti to start getting its **** together...it must began to reduce the unrestricted flow of DR products.

4. There is no university to criticize....there is nothing going on in these buildings......the suggestion is that they be used to train an house factory workers for the new korean lead industrial park.

5. Me telling you the facts behind the so called university gift is not nasty or insensitive.......it is telling it like it is. It was built for a reason.....to get contracts.......a bribe with no benefits to Haiti.

6. Canadian planes flying in directly just prove my point that DR was not needed for the AID to arrive.

Poor Gwozozo! He lives in a world all his own, whilst the people in Haiti live in the real world...

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011

And again the same question......why should that be a concern to any dominican.

And you guys will come with the same tired refrain that the poor haitians will come to DR.....and I say that it is a DR issue for DR to deal with. Use your resources and your laws and your soldiers to keep the haitians out.

It is a tiny little border and the Haitians will stand out physically in your country.

Thousands of jobs could be created for unemployed dominicans to join a frontier watch or haitan interception team.

If you refuse to take ACTION...that is your problem.

Last edited:

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Gwozozo is the typical Haitian that has little in common with the average and majority of Haiti's population.

He comes from the very tiny middle class, which is able to get a ticket out of Haiti and into the U.S., Canada or France.

His experience is totally the reverse of what the average Haitian experiences day after day in Haiti.

Haiti's middle class is out of touch with the majority of Haitians by a large margin.

And of course you a dominican has more in common with the majority of haitians....lol...lol.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Poor Gwozozo! He lives in a world all his own, whilst the people in Haiti live in the real world...

Coming from a man who said haitians should switch to speaking spanish....oh yeahhh...you live in the real world alright.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, if nothing else, this thread is proving once again that Dominicans and Haitians cannot see eye-to-eye on anything. :cry: At least they've for the most part insulted each other politely.

OP, I think the intent of your thread has gone astray. Annie, are we accomplishing ANYTHING?

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Well, if nothing else, this thread is proving once again that Dominicans and Haitians cannot see eye-to-eye on anything. :cry: At least they've for the most part insulted each other politely.

OP, I think the intent of your thread has gone astray. Annie, are we accomplishing ANYTHING?

There were no insults on my part...nor did I feel insulted by the other posters....amused perhaps.

Yes I agree that these two countries/people need to seek their separate and different future with reduced dependence on each other.

Haitians need to stay out of DR..(but DR hiring them is not helping) and Haiti needs to gradually reduce its dependence on DR goods.

People need to give up on the idea that simply sharing a landmass means countries should have a special trade or other relationships.

ACTION is needed...Haiti on the products and DR on the Haitian invasion.

The continuous whining won't solve anything.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
whose WE?

Unless he actually lives in Haiti than he's not part of the "we". Gwozozo do you live in Haiti? Or does any of the Nationalistic Haitians or pro-Hatians in this forum live in Haiti? I can't help but laugh at some of the people here, they loveeeeeeee Haitii but from faaaaar faaaar awayyy. I'm pretty damn sure most of the Dominicans and expats defending DR in this forum live in DR, many make a living in DR, and can show the love for DR in DR not thousands of miles away in front of a computer with all the first world commodities at hand.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Unless he actually lives in Haiti than he's not part of the "we". Gwozozo do you live in Haiti? Or does any of the Nationalistic Haitians or pro-Hatians in this forum live in Haiti? I can't help but laugh at some of the people here, they loveeeeeeee Haitii but from faaaaar faaaar awayyy. I'm pretty damn sure most of the Dominicans and expats defending DR in this forum live in DR, many make a living in DR, and can show the love for DR in DR not thousands of miles away in front of a computer with all the first world commodities at hand.

Per his own words, he owns property there, so it's a given that he must visit the country from time to time. That is, if he doesn't want to risk what always happens to a property on both sides of the island whenever an absentee owner neglects to keep an eye on things. Namely, waking up one day with one or two families living illegally in the place.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011

It is not your position as a dominican to dictate who the WE is among Haitians.......just as I could not care less who the WE is among Dominicans.

How Haitians feel about Haiti is not part of the discussion and is really none of your concern.

I am 100% ethnic haitian born in Haiti....with family in Haiti and homes in Haiti...Massachusetts and Miami.

The Haitian population is made up of Haitians in Haiti and the Haitians in the diaspora (USA..Canada) who contribute to its economy and culture.

Haiti's current president...prime minister and several ministers are former members of the diaspora.

Using your logic....the million or so dominicans in the USA have no love for DR....does that make sense to you?

It is a simple concept folks.....not difficult to grasp.

Last edited:

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
It is not your position as a dominican to dictate who the WE is among Haitians.......just as I could not care less who the WE is among Dominicans.

It is not me, Haitians themselves (the ones who actually live in Haitia) see the diaspora especially those who were born, or grew up outside of Haiti as outsiders, I've been told this by quite a few Haitian families. No wonder that just until recently did the Haitian constitution allowed for double citizenship, for most of its history Haiti has rejected foreigners and with it the diaspora alike.

Trust me, is the same all over the world, just in different degrees. For example, many Dominicans don't see Dominican yorks as true Dominicans, especially the ones who can barely speak Spanish, or understand the culture.

I am 100% ethnic haitian born in Haiti....with family in Haiti and homes in Haiti...Massachusetts and Miami.
So what? Is not the same visiting a country once a year or even living in it part time, then living 24/7 12 month out the year in it, trust me I know this by personal experience. If you're truly that nationalistic, and you love Haiti that much then why not live in it? and share the day to day life with the rest of your 9 million brothers and sisters? if you're really that nationalistic as you claim then why not try to live there full time, and raise your kids there so that they love the country, and so that in the future they can be part of the change.

The Haitian population is made up of Haitians in Haiti and the Haitians in the diaspora (USA..Canada) who contribute to its economy and culture.

I've met tons of Haitian in the diaspora, most don't even visit Haiti, much less think of moving back to it. You're one of the few I've seen who own property there, and apparently visit often. Unlike the Dominican diaspora who visits the country on a regular basis, and half of them dream of one day retiring back to their homeland, and or try to set up a business here. Not saying that the Dominican diaspora is part of the general Dominican population, because they're not. Just emphasizing the fact that a high percentage of our diaspora actually comes back, unlike most of you, you yourself will most likely never live in Haiti. I still stand by what I said, unless you live in a country 24.7, then you're truly not part of the "we".

Haiti's current president...prime minister and several ministers are former members of the diaspora.

That's great, they're some of the few that actually went back, and are probably trying to make a change, unlike the thousands who would not dare to even visit Haiti. I think the Diasporas of developing Nations can truly contribute to a change, that's if they ever decided to return, and contribute in some sort of way. You see, I have nothing against the diaspora, I myself was a diaspora once, not by choice btw, the thing that makes laugh, are those who profess extreme love or nationalistic feeling for a country, yet they themselves will never even think of returning to live and raise a family such nation, to me that's hypocrisy.

Using your logic....the million or so dominicans in the USA have no love for DR....does that make sense to you?

You don't really understand my "logic" I never said such thing, someone living outside its native country, can have love for it, even more so than someone actually living in it. My "logic" is simply that unless you live in Haiti or DR or anywhere else than you're really not part of the "we", you're simply a visitor, you'll never understand what someone who lives there goes through every day. I think many on here can agree with me on that.

Last edited:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
that video is of one negro somewhere in the states talking about african ancestry of dominicans....what does that have to do with Haiti or haitians in Haiti?

Really, the acent in both languages sound like a person of French tounge...

Un puro Monsieur.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.