Atypical Sankie or just an opportunist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I think the point got missed that I am not any more attracted to him than I believe him to be to me.  He's no stud, he is shorter than me and his voice sounds like Urkel.  Fly all the way back for that?  Nah.

I just came to this forum because I knew nothing about that going on in the DR.  Explains the two other guys asking for my number and the third who told my sister I was beautiful.  I wasn't sure what the game was but it was obvious there was one.

I am curious as to why you insist on toying with this young man knowing that he is less fortunate than all of us. He might make 8 thousand dollars a year if he's lucky and is probably supporting an extended family living in near squalor. He and his family probably only go to the doctor when they are beyond sick, if they ever go.No matter what his intentions are he has reached the pinnacle of his career being a bartender and to jump on a plane and leave is a distant fantasy. By your own admission you are educated and well travelled thus being able to grasp his plight. Why rub his face in it if you don't want to help him. Seems unkind to me

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
I am curious as to why you insist on toying with this young man knowing that he is less fortunate than all of us. Seems unkind to me

Point taken.  It's easy to say it is wrong to scam people when you aren't poor.  No idea what I might be willing to do in such circumstances.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I found this forum tonight after a trip to the DR last week.  Wish I'd found it before my trip because you guys are hilarious, although a little harsh on fat American girls.  

I am 53 and do alright with guys at home despite a few extra pounds.

There was a song 25 years ago asserting that fat bottomed girls make the world go around!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There was a song 25 years ago asserting that fat bottomed girls make the world go around!

Actually it was written 39 years ago.

[video=youtube;-D99n9f3vU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4[/video]

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I don't know if it was a typo or intentional.

Your original post was titled "Atypical Sankie...." and as soon as I saw it and read your (THANK YOU!) literate post, I wondered if you meant "atypical" or "a typical."

Please advise, as this changes the discussion.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
mean=honest.

No, really, just mean.  I never made any claims that I would be attractive to a25 year old, yet some felt the need to make comments about me thinking I am hot or making extensive foul descriptions of how they perceive older women.  The level of hate for older women on these forums is huge and that makes me sad.  If you feel for the scammer you should also feel for the victims who are made to feel so undervalued in their own countries.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Lisa Sinks, rather than debating with the career cynics on this forum, you may be better served---assuming are sincere---by visiting DR Sisterhood, one of the most helpful DR-specific relationship sites on the WWW and operated by some of DR1's finest.

They have forgotten more about the various long-distance relationship challenges with Dominican men than most ever knew in the first place.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
I don't know if it was a typo or intentional.

Your original post was titled "Atypical Sankie...." and as soon as I saw it and read your (THANK YOU!) literate post, I wondered if you meant "atypical" or "a typical."

Please advise, as this changes the discussion.

I did mean atypical, because there was no romantic interaction at all, he is not particularly attractive, he is educated, and apparently not well versed in reading women if he thinks this will work with me.  My take is that we struck up a platonic relationship based on non-romantic conversations, he would like to use that advantage somehow, maybe for a visa (who wouldn't in his situation), and the only way he can think of to keep the interaction going is with a fake romantic intent.  I think he just saw what might be an opportunity and took advantage without pre planning.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
No, really, just mean.  I never made any claims that I would be attractive to a25 year old, yet some felt the need to make comments about me thinking I am hot or making extensive foul descriptions of how they perceive older women.  The level of hate for older women on these forums is huge and that makes me sad.  If you feel for the scammer you should also feel for the victims who are made to feel so undervalued in their own countries.

You have to understand, to most of your audience on this thread, the highlight of their day is finding out Playero has a new shipment of Branston pickles. You need to ignore the relationship experts and get on the next JetBlue to meet the next Fausto. You will be just fine!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Actually it was written 39 years ago.

[video=youtube;-D99n9f3vU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4[/video]

I remember it due to the fact my 5 year old grandson used to sing it and at first I thought it was something from his kindergarten class. ANd that was 25 years ago. I don't remember hearing it before that. But i still adore fat bottomed girls Miss Lisa. NO meanness attempted ony part.
Der Fish

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
There are some women only facebook groups (not mentioning names here but easy to find) where you are better off Lisa. Too many double standards here. A lot of guys that live here have a dominican spouse much younger and more attractive too but thats a completely different story you know ;-).

But I would still stop contact with the guy esp. since you are not particularly interested in him..starting flirting AFTER u have left or on the last day of your vacation is a big sankie red flag unfortunately. Why waste time with a guy like that.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016

Bogus !! Older guys that date younger chicas here are made fun of and ridiculed regularly. They give the chicas money and often times send them money when they are not on the island. For the most part they know the chica is in it for the cash. What they don't do is make fun of them and play head games with them for sport and entertainment. If you are looking for a relationship with a restaurant worker he certainly is going to want money. You were the one who put the physical dynamic into by stating you had a few extra pounds. If your going bang him , enjoy. If not don't brag about not giving an improvised bar worker a little tip and stringing him along like it's a big accomplishment.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
If one of the hundreds of chicas on Pedro C or in a bar or restaurant approaches me and tells me all the usual lines, handsome, beautiful, guapo blah blah blah, I don't ridicule her or give her the run around and ask her to meet me and not show up or laugh at her status and use my education to make me feel superior. Should I partake, I pay her and leave the cabaña without judgement....and then I hit the food cart cuz I'm starvin. :)

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
What would be wrong in telling him that even though you will probably never be back to the island, you enjoyed his company and wish him well? It might even be truthful.

As far as meanness goes, I have been confused lately as it seems that nasty is some kind of gender exclusive positive character trait. Maybe mean is the same kink of thing. Just have to find out the meaning of evil in the saying evil, mean and nasty.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Ok, may be some of the comments (including mine) were a little mean, I apologize. But, thats DR 1 for you :)

It s not really hate, it is reality. And that double standard is everywhere, even more so in DR.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
What would be wrong in telling him that even though you will probably never be back to the island, you enjoyed his company and wish him well? It might even be truthful.

You are right  I don't know what got ahold of me.  I am usually nice to people to the point of obsession.  Now I feel bad about criticizing his appearance.  I hope he never ends up reading that.

Status
Not open for further replies.