Atypical Sankie or just an opportunist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Ok, so now I'm having trouble deciding the difference between a Sinke and a Sanky?

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
Ok, so now I'm having trouble deciding the difference between a Sinke and a Sanky?

Haha yes my sister said I should write a book - a Sinke got sankied.  I signed up with FB and can't figure out how to get my real name off here.  

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Lisa Sinke-there is no "hate for older women" on this site. You were called out for acting in an immature fashion at an age where not only should you know better, but should be showing others how to behave.

Is there anything else to your story besides the frivolous game-playing?

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Probably the same thing that a woman who is physically attractive, and seeking a man twice her age (with a few extra pounds), is looking for. Why discriminate? It works both ways. Especially in this generation of people not wanting to work or earn anything. Don't worry Gorgon....you're golden. I get deleted and banned.

Haven't you heard the Rolling Stones song? Marrying money is a full-time job.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not to be mean..but I read the thread and I am still trying to figure out what the point is? You stated your not interested, he is not attractive, etc... so not sure what the point is. Many "older" women get "hit on" by the locals, it is nothing new. Most just laugh it off and keep moving....

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
Not to be mean..but I read the thread and I am still trying to figure out what the point is? You stated your not interested, he is not attractive, etc... so not sure what the point is. Many "older" women get "hit on" by the locals, it is nothing new. Most just laugh it off and keep moving....

Nothing mean about that question. I just hadn't read anything about sankies before I went. I go to other countries and talk to locals to learn their culture and I guess the sankie culture is all I got. I just wanted to hear more about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I am so freakin hot that men wait until I am far away to flirt with me :bandit:

I am with Berzin dont see the point...

[video=youtube;ihkY5V9e51w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihkY5V9e51w[/video]

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I don’t understand what you don’t understand about his Overt flirtatious Nature .

Either
1)- you think you are the ONLY one he attempts this with ?? ( making FB friends and then following up by messaging them & escalating it if from there )

2)- you don’t understand the Culture and Desperation these people face, so YEAGH, a Gringa with a Good job is the Golden ticket ,IF he HOOKS her..
He is 24 you said .. do you really think he wants to be PEN pals and just get to know your personality better ?

3)- there is MORE to this Story than you are telling us..

as others already stated, most people have the maturity to just ignore it and move on ,, IF you are not attracted to him, why even bother ?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Nothing mean about that question. I just hadn't read anything about sankies before I went. I go to other countries and talk to locals to learn their culture and I guess the sankie culture is all I got. I just wanted to hear more about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out DR Sisterhood. You will learn more than you can imagine about sankies. It's not pretty.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
I don’t understand what you don’t understand about his Overt flirtatious Nature .

Either
1)- you think you are the ONLY one he attempts this with ?? ( making FB friends and then following up by messaging them & escalating it if from there )

2)- you don’t understand the Culture and Desperation these people face, so YEAGH, a Gringa with a Good job is the Golden ticket ,IF he HOOKS her..
He is 24 you said .. do you really think he wants to be PEN pals and just get to know your personality better ?

3)- there is MORE to this Story than you are telling us..

as others already stated, most people have the maturity to just ignore it and move on ,, IF you are not attracted to him, why even bother ?

#2.  I really didn't get that an educated guy who speaks 4+ languages and has two jobs would still be that desperate.  I see that now from what you guys have written and yeah I'll move on.  He is 36 not 24 but that's pretty irrelevant. 

I have Male FB friends from other Latin American countries and I'd call it more of a networking thing than a pen pal thing.  I guess this one is networking too in an entirely different way.  🤓

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
IF you are attracted to him, and just having FUN, then its all fair game., just know that you will be expected to PAY eventually, either for Food and Gifts or whatever..it wont be free..
unless you give him the impression that you can be played LONG, then he will try to play his part ..
.But just know that no matter how educated he is , he is a Bartender there for a specific reason.. and its NOT to network people on FB, or to study your Culture ..
simple as that .

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
#2.  I really didn't get that an educated guy who speaks 4+ languages and has two jobs would still be that desperate.  I see that now from what you guys have written and yeah I'll move on.  He is 36 not 24 but that's pretty irrelevant. 

I have Male FB friends from other Latin American countries and I'd call it more of a networking thing than a pen pal thing.  I guess this one is networking too in an entirely different way.  ??????

you state that this guy speaks 4 languages, but have not told us how proficient he is in those which are not his first language. there are numerous hotel types slithering around Puerto Plata who can say hello in German, French, and English. if it gets more complex than explaining directions to the crapper, they are out of their depth.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
you state that this guy speaks 4 languages, but have not told us how proficient he is in those which are not his first language. there are numerous hotel types slithering around Puerto Plata who can say hello in German, French, and English. if it gets more complex than explaining directions to the crapper, they are out of their depth.

I spoke to him in Spanish and English, his 3rd and 4th languages.  His Spanish is far, far better than mine and his English is maybe an 8 out of 10, better than some native speakers that I know.  He teaches French as a second job and spoke it with some of the Canadian guests there, so I imagine that is good too.  Creole, well it is his first language so....yeah...pretty good with four.   He says he knows a little German too.  I have to admit that kind of knocked my socks off.  I struggle with just learning a second language let alone four.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I spoke to him in Spanish and English, his 3rd and 4th languages.  His Spanish is far, far better than mine and his English is maybe an 8 out of 10, better than some native speakers that I know.  He teaches French as a second job and spoke it with some of the Canadian guests there, so I imagine that is good too.  Creole, well it is his first language so....yeah...pretty good with four.   He says he knows a little German too.  I have to admit that kind of knocked my socks off.  I struggle with just learning a second language let alone four.

Take him to Santo Domingo, buy him a new wardrobe, a few nice pairs of loafers, and pretend he is your husband, or just take him to Zeus on a leash, and order grilled cheese from the dumbwaiter between sessions, and skip the role play.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
You are in love Lisa but still are not aware of it....  Women..

I do like a man with an accent, languages and political opinions.  If he were cute and Latino I'd probably have fallen hook line and sinker and be mortgaging my house to send him money.  Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.