Atypical Sankie or just an opportunist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Isn't he latin? I thought haitians were latin, just like the french are in Europe. 
Latino is short terminology for Latin American, Haiti is in Latin America and they speak a latin derived language. 

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Isn't he latin? I thought haitians were latin, just like the french are in Europe. 
Latino is short terminology for Latin American, Haiti is in Latin America and they speak a latin derived language. 
They may be Latin, but Haiti has an entirely different culture compared to the DR...or any other Latin American country.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Entirely different might be, I don't think so. What about comparing Patagonia or Chiapas with Santo Domingo, how much do these areas in common beside the lenguage?

I understand what people think when they mention LATINO, not white, not black, flamboyant, charming with a white open shirt. But the term is short-sighted. There is also the Cuban latino, the Andy García type of man. They consider themselves to white to be called Latino. 

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Entirely different might be, I don't think so. What about comparing Patagonia with Santo Domingo, how much do these areas in common beside the language?
Not gonna argue a small point.

Go to Haiti for a few days and see for yourself.

Just the difference between Haiti and the DR is night and day.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Ok Cobraboy, I have been there, I know what you mean, nevertheless there are things they have in common, due to the African roots.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Ok Cobraboy, I have been there, I know what you mean, nevertheless there are things they have in common, due to the African roots.
Except Haitians are bitter over those roots, and Dominicans completely deny them.

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017

I was talking race/appearance.  He is black and I prefer latinos.  Yes we gringas can be just as shallow as the men I'm criticizing on this forum.  ??????

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Shallow or Ignorant ?

I was talking race/appearance.  He is black and I prefer latinos.  Yes we gringas can be just as shallow as the men I'm criticizing on this forum.  ������

Someone can be both.

Ethnicity and race are two different things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.