Bavaro area NO supermarkets???

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Yep, I have to agree...that's why I am there a lot of times...
When Ricardo and Rene were running Bigburger things were a lot better but hey, this is Bavaro and I am already happy when there is something worth going to.
Try Route 66 (also in Plaza Brisas) one time; play some pool, have a drink and...enjoy the food from Bigburger! Smart move from Antonio (owner of Plaza Brisas) to use their food!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Psssst,
don't mentio Route 66,
leave that Bar as our secret private place,
would hate to see it full with guests and the beautiful Waitresses would not have the Time to pay all their attention to Me!, lol
Mike

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
German sausage shop in Bavaro

The wonderful German sausage shop is called Berlin (embutidos alemanes). Lila is the owner - very nice lady. It's in Cortecito in the back left corner of Plaza Gran Caribe, next to Plaza Nautica (Chez Mon Ami). Open Mon-Fri, 8am to 10pm
They stock Erdinger, Paulaner, Franziskaner & Krombacher beers, Jagermeister & Underberg

More photos here
Berlin German Shop Punta Cana - a set on Flickr

We drive from Bayahibe to stock up on their goodies :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't want to be hard on moderators but this should have been moved to the east coast forum not north coast. ehm.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
i don't want to be hard on moderators but this should have been moved to the east coast forum not north coast. ehm.

It looks like one of the moderators got a finger stuck on the "move" button.

And supermarkets isn't all that travel related, especially as the original poster asked because she was moving to Bavaro.

I don't want to get on the bad side of the moderators either, because I've seen a couple get a little snippy when their decisions are discussed.

Does anyone know how I delete my account?

Reactions: SantiagoDR

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
yes that was me - if you had waited another couple of hours it would have been sorted - pressed wrong thing then had to wait 24 hours as couldnt change it

sorry Im human

I only have access to one forum so if I make an error I cant change it

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes that was me - if you had waited another couple of hours it would have been sorted - pressed wrong thing then had to wait 24 hours as couldnt change it

sorry Im human

I only have access to one forum so if I make an error I cant change it

ha ha,
tell the truth jr,
you've been sitting with the laptop on da Beach watching those Bikini Beauties, and there came the One who forgot the Bikini Top, and the wrong Button been pressed, lolol.
and yes,
it is Human,
it happens to me on Daily Bases, lol
Mike

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I had no idea there was the German store in that plaza. I must have driven past there dozens of times thinking nothing was open there yet. Now I know where I am going!
Thanks for all the great info everyone.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I had no idea there was the German store in that plaza. I must have driven past there dozens of times thinking nothing was open there yet. Now I know where I am going!
Thanks for all the great info everyone.

Robbie,
I drove by there often enough myself in the first time after there opening,
if you don't know where it is you do not recognize the shop when driving by on the mainroad.
one Day I complained to a friend about the darn bad sausages I bought for a heck of money at an other place, and he told me "Hey Stu.., why you don't by at the German Place?, aren't ya German?", ha ha.

I just finished a late night snack with some Bred I bought there yesterday and a Can of Leberwurst,
darn, I love that stuff, lol.
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Robbie,
if you don't know where it is you do not recognize the shop when driving by on the mainroad.
one Day I complained to a friend about the darn bad sausages I bought for a heck of money at an other place, and he told me "Hey Stu.., why you don't by at the German Place?, aren't ya German?", ha ha.

I just finished a late night snack with some Bred I bought there yesterday and a Can of Leberwurst,
Mike

Mike, now you have gone too far. I have been drooling for the past couple of days reading your descriptions, and it simply is not humane of you to do so. I demand that, the next time you go by this place, you ask this lady where the store on the north coast is located. My wife would kill me if I drove 12 hours back and forth to Bavaro, but a 4 hour trip to the NC... hmmm :bunny::bunny:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
we are over-run with german sausage on the north coast.....granted Im not an expert on them, there may be subtle differences ...if the English ones are anything to go by I will pass

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Robbie,

Mike

haha!! I'm coming back in Novemer and I know where I'm going. I already showed my "german" husband the pictures too. I went to so many grocery stores looking for just the right stuff, looks like this one has alot to offer mmmmmm.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
My last visit to the Northcoast been around 12 years ago,
so I don't name myself accurate on shopping there, lolol,
but from my 1st day on the island the German bakers and Butchers been located in the Sosua area, I could imagine you will not have any trouble to find them just by driving through?, lol.
as on the North Coath Forum and I bet you will get 3 pages of answers within the hour.
you are yourself in the Santiago Area, Peter, right?
I can not Imagine that Santiago has No Shop with German sausage, leberwurst, schwartenmagen, Aufschnittwurst etc etc etc.
ask Luis/Hillbilly or Robert/Cobraboy,
I bet they know every single shop of that Kind and just keep it secret for their own Stommack, ha ha.

Hey,
did I mention that perfectly spicy homemade Schwartenmagen??
Ha Ha
Mike

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
My last visit to the Northcoast been around 12 years ago,
so I don't name myself accurate on shopping there, lolol,
but from my 1st day on the island the German bakers and Butchers been located in the Sosua area, I could imagine you will not have any trouble to find them just by driving through?, lol.
as on the North Coath Forum and I bet you will get 3 pages of answers within the hour.
you are yourself in the Santiago Area, Peter, right?
I can not Imagine that Santiago has No Shop with German sausage, leberwurst, schwartenmagen, Aufschnittwurst etc etc etc.
ask Luis/Hillbilly or Robert/Cobraboy,
I bet they know every single shop of that Kind and just keep it secret for their own Stommack, ha ha.

Hey,
did I mention that perfectly spicy homemade Schwartenmagen??
Ha Ha
Mike

Belgiank is preparing his answer for you Mike, be patient :bandit:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Belgiank is preparing his answer for you Mike, be patient :bandit:

I bet it takes some more hours,
will take a while before his mouth stops to sabber and not to get the Keybord Wet, wuuuhahahaha

hey,
the Schwartenmagen is on the Plate right now,
the last lil piece,
will have my Fishmobile at the mechanics in Bavaro tomorrow,
let the Belgian make a guess where I will stop on my way home???
lol
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
so ask the nice dominican lady/owner where she gets her stuff... and stop torturing me....

how can you even start to compare an uncivilized American palate to our sophisticated European palates. Most Americans will run away screaming when they hear what leberwurst is made of...

I have seen and tried some of the German bakeries, butchers on the NC, but none with the range and quality you describe...

so, for once in your life, be a kind and gentle person, take the suffering of a fellow Europeo in consideration and give him the much wanted info... :eek:

or start up a side-business and ship me a can of leberwurst by Caribe-tours... whahahaha

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I may be stupid,
but not completely, yet.
I tell You where she get's the stuff from on the NC and YOU drive there and buy all the goodies, so she can close her Store and I can eat Rice for a midnight snack, he he.
will try to not forget to ask there tomorrow,
but you better tell them to send me some Cans down here on your Bill with the next delivery, ha ha ha
Mike

Reactions: belgiank

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I may be stupid,
but not completely, yet.
I tell You where she get's the stuff from on the NC and YOU drive there and buy all the goodies, so she can close her Store and I can eat Rice for a midnight snack, he he.
will try to not forget to ask there tomorrow,
but you better tell them to send me some Cans down here on your Bill with the next delivery, ha ha ha
Mike

this sounds like a fair deal to me... especially if you provide me with the adress of the schartzwalder shinken importer (no, I will not send you a couple of hams on my account, but a couple of pounds... hmmmm... depends on the shinken...:bunny:)