Do you love my citizenship or my money

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If someone can't distinguish a good classy dominican from a resort trash sankie, then that person has alot to learn from life.
Now why worry about dominicans who are after money and visa when there are so many single dominicans waiting around to meet good people, I am talking about dominicans who live well and already have visa to USA.
Some people are such suckers, they are always scratching the bottom of the barrel.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, I know a guy who is a black dominican, has a good job in airline and has visa to travel to USA. He is educated and goes to PUCMM university. Any takers?
AZB

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I doubt he would be interested

Ok, I know a guy who is a black dominican, has a good job in airline and has visa to travel to USA. He is educated and goes to PUCMM university. Any takers?
AZB

We are no longer talking about the sankie or the sankiette. We are talking about the unfortunate people that cannot figure out who is and who isn't one. I really doubt that your friend or anyone else that has self respect, independence and an education would be interested.

My nephew Julio, let's take him for an example. Handsome, medium skinned, 20 year old Dominican who loves raggaton. Tall, self assured, independent and very intelligent. He is studying to be a doctor at UTESA in Santiago. He is going to be a plastic surgeon someday and is getting excellent grades to back it up. Would a tourist be interested in him? Who knows? But the probability of them meeting him are slim because for one Julio does not hang out at resorts, beaches, clubs frequented by tourists and he certainly does not hang around sankies. Two, chances are he wouldn't be interested in meeting some woman that knows nothing about his country, his language, his culture, his laws. We are very close and we talk alot about such things that I discuss on DR1. He finds it quite puzzling, all of this sankie loving stuff. He doesn't understand why such attractive white women come down here to fall in love with useless, uneducated, lazy men that have a prolific sex drive only? Surely, he told me in perfectly polished English, most Dominican men have this prolific sexuality about them. No self respecting Domincan would be interested in a fool who virtually stumbles off of the airplane completely clueless of one's culture, language, laws and even how to know the most basic things of his or her country. For all of you attractive, intelligent women from up north that fall in love with such trash. My nephew has a question for you all "Por que"???? Why wouldn't they be interested in me, he asked me. I could not answer him, it baffles me. All I could tell him is that these people would not be worth it anyway if this is what they come down here for. He answered that he knew this already and wasn't interested anyway. He has a white skinned Dominicana who is also studying to be a doctor.

However, there are even those fools that fall for other fools so it is not completely impossible.

AZB, you, I and others know what is going on here with this freakish phenomina of sankism. We see it however many don't.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If someone can't distinguish a good classy dominican from a resort trash sankie, then that person has alot to learn from life.
Now why worry about dominicans who are after money and visa when there are so many single dominicans waiting around to meet good people, I am talking about dominicans who live well and already have visa to USA.
Some people are such suckers, they are always scratching the bottom of the barrel.
AZB
Gee for once I agree with you 100%. BTW the old (23+ year old phrase comes to mind) : "He/She is not like all the others." LOL

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
Just a quick answer to your nephews question. How would any tourist get to meet him ?? If we believe people like AZB, he (Julio)wouldn't give us the time of day in the first place. Never mind take time to become acquainted or find out what kind of person we are. So if this is the case, what other option is open to the tourist? Even if they are a frequent visitor the only people who would befriend them are those with ulterior motives . I for one would hope this is not true as I have made friends who so far after 4 years have not shown any signs of being a sankie or sankiette. I guess sometimes you have to take people on faith and hope for the best using the common sense the good lord gave you and a helping hand from from "those in the know" such as D.R.1. Plus not judging people solely on their finacial circumstance.

Elizabeth

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
My nephew Julio

[Just a quick answer to your nephews question. How would any tourist get to meet him ?? If we believe people like AZB, he (Julio)wouldn't give us the time of day in the first place. Never mind take time to become acquainted or find out what kind of person we are. So if this is the case, what other option is open to the tourist? Even if they are a frequent visitor the only people who would befriend them are those with ulterior motives . I for one would hope this is not true as I have made friends who so far after 4 years have not shown any signs of being a sankie or sankiette. I guess sometimes you have to take people on faith and hope for the best using the common sense the good lord gave you and a helping hand from from "those in the know" such as D.R.1. Plus not judging people solely on their finacial circumstance.

Elizabeth

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
You see? Sankies are looked at by Dominicans as low class trash that have no respect for their family and themself. This is the reason why sankies and sankiettes are almost always from out of town. If they aren't then they just don't care because in the barrio this is the way of scoring it big and their self esteem isn't affected. However, to working respectable Dominicans and Dominicans that hold power and influence these dregs of their society are are un-important pieces of garbage.

Now, listen to this. They think even less of the tourists that come down here to be with these pieces of trash. Sanky lovers are even lower class then the sankies or sankiettes themself.

Think about this the next time you go parading that puta or puto into a classy restaurant.

I am not disagreeing with what you're saying here, but it sounds to me that when a white man/women walks around with a Domincan, the first perception would be that they are with a sankie. Is this fair?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so can a foreigner qualify as a sankie ? i mean i know guys who come to the DR never mess with the local chicas but just hang out and collect up gringas. these gringas are not so good-looking, low self esteem (i guess) and dying for some attention. additionally, they're free as opposed to the "puta price"....

or is there another term for them ?

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Fair?

I am not disagreeing with what you're saying here, but it sounds to me that when a white man/women walks around with a Domincan, the first perception would be that they are with a sankie. Is this fair?

probably not. But the problem is that most tourists come to the DR and hook up with these sankies thinking that they are just having a little fun away from home, when in fact they are feeding into the lifestyle that these people lead. They (sankies) wait for these "wanna have fun away from home" tourists and get a free ride, only to have these same women turn around and COMPLAIN afterwards when they realise they have just been played and they did little of the PLAYING they intended to do.

They leave home with that mentality of whatever happens in DR stays in DR but truth is they drag the crap back home with them and keep coming back for more. its SOO obvious, you see the white fat lady, walking with the tall handsome (not always handsome) young guy- where is that picture everyone always throws up???---- anyhow, its as MUCH the sankies fault as it is these women AND MEN that come to DR to do their dirty deeds.

In the end, everyone screws everyone else(no pun intended). the sankies give a bad name to those decent dominicans and these tourists give a bad name to foreigners cos everyone thinks that all tourist come into DR to get some cheap axx.

Really, there are no victimes here.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
so can a foreigner qualify as a sankie ?

Absolutely, sankies are not exclusive to the DR. In case you've missed it after all this time on DR1 a sankie/sankiettes is a scammer con artist looking for prey not love nor necessarily just sex.

i mean i know guys who come to the DR never mess with the local chicas but just hang out and collect up gringas. these gringas are not so good-looking, low self esteem (i guess) and dying for some attention. additionally, they're free as opposed to the "puta price"....

or is there another term for them ?

These would be called men looking for nothing more than easy free sex. :laugh:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
It's still amazing to me on how Tourists are willing to bring Sankies(Male Prostitutes) home with them to the US, UK & Canada. A male resort worker who approaches and seduces a female tourist is 99% of the time a Sankie, period. In Jamaica, they call them Rastatutes. What you do in the DR, should stay in the DR.

So to the OP, it's BOTH, if they can get it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sankie or no sankie, thats not the question.

Does it make a differance if she / she is a sankie or not. If you an educated lawyer or a businessman or woman from miami or chicago, successful at your work, socialize with educated, successful folks at home, then why the hell would you find, a resort servent who knows nothing outside this island, zero education and has no social status in his own country, so impressive to a point that one would want to marry him / her and start a family? I mean, are you really that dumb to not see that he is just a servent with no education and lives in some ghetto where you would't even venture in to even in bright daylight? Where do you people come from? How can a person be so dump as to not know who is who?
I was in Russia and crusing around in a car with my friend who had been living in moscow for 5 yrs. We came by an intersection and saw a bunch of cute girls hanging around looking at cars. I asked my friends if prostitution was allowed in the streets. he laughed at me and asked me: how do I know they are hookers? I said, they are hookers because they seem like hookers. He said: man, I live here, you are a visitor, you know nothing about russia. I told him to stop the car and let me prove it to you that they are hookers. The english guy laughed at me and said. "ok, if you want to get slapped, I would like to see it". I asked the girl to come over and asked her if she was working. She said, "yes". So then I asked her how much would she charge me if I wanted to spend the whole night with her. She said " 100 dollars".
At that point my friend was left in shock with his mouth open. He then asked me "how did you know she was a hooker?". Hahahaha, I told him he was just too innocent.
This is the whole point, some people are just too innocent for this world. They have seen so little in life. They can be so blind at time. I would never liked to be seen with a hotel resort worker holding hands in public places. I might take her to a motel in dark tinted glass car and then simply dump her back to her ghetto but never take her to a restaurant and be seen in public. This is something you tourists just don't understand. No wonder decent dominicans have zero respect for you sankie loving folks. I personally think you folks are retarded to be going out with these slimeballs. Maybe some of you folks are simply abnormal in your minds.
AZB

freekofweek

Feb 22, 2005
This story is sooooooo true !!!!!!!!

Look....I didn't say it is impossible for a gringa or a gringo to meet a respectable Dominican. I just stated what my Dominican friends conveyed to me. They are not interested in a gringa for fear of what their family and friends would think of them.

You don't have to be a sankie to be a man that cheats and abuses his wife now do ya? Can't answer this question because it doesn't make any sense.
I believe that any man that abuses his wife or girlfriend is a piece of garbage.

What does a sankie have to do with that? Sankies are what they are. Pros, know what they are doing whether that is getting a tentacle into your pocketbook or a visa to your country. Sankies have sankiette wives or girlfriends that are also doing the same thing to those boinked out gringo guys...the short con for money, gifts, visas.

Many Dominicans get up at 4 am, ride miles and miles to jobs that pay just a few pesos, work night and day just to bring home a few pesos for their family. Many Dominicans travel for hours and hours to universities where they study their darn tails off. They then qualify for jobs that pay more then they would as a waitress or whatever but not nearly as much as that beloved sanky animation guys who "freeelance". Ask these hard working Dominicans if they would like to be a sankie or sankiette and you will lose their respect and they might tell you off. Go ahead.... ask them and see what happens. Ahhhh, of course the sankie is going to tell you he isn't a sankie. Who wants to admit that to your face.

These others? They hang out at resorts, or work at them. They hang out at the beach and talk all of those nasty disrespectful words that you do not understand but their buddys do while you think they are complementing you simply because they are smiling as they trash you.They got soft hands and an even softer approach. Their job is to collect gringas...hmmm that's right, collect them. The notion that the gringa believes she is the "only one" is something for a Cinderella story.

Gringos are not safe here either so I am not gender bashing. I know dudes that get boinked by some puta and think they are the only one. I was at the airport one day for business with the chief of customs at the time. I saw a local puta from Sosua with her gringo that was going home. From my bar I know her and actually putas, putos whatever are just people too, right. What they do is what they do, but it is an occupation neverless. She saw me and put her finger to her lips and shhhhhh'd me. She hugged and kissed him, cried those croc tears and begged him to remember her regalo. He leaves and then she comes over me smiling and saying "shhhh tu sabes". She then waits for her next novio to come off the very same plane her last novio is getting on. I watch as she runs into his arms crying and all of that drama. She looks over his shoulder at me and puts that finger to her lips again........shhhhhhhhhh.

Over and over and over again...it's amazing!

This story is sooooooo true........... plane loads of new tourists everyday with dinero !!!!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Don't interfere.

It's still amazing to me on how Tourists are willing to bring Sankies(Male Prostitutes) home with them to the US, UK & Canada.

Amazing?
Not really.
It's a fact and a well known phenomenon.

Please, let this craze go on.
The participants do deserve what they get; no harm done to the planet. ;)
The sankies are taken from the island and stupidity gets a lesson from life.

Thrash meets trash.

m'frog

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Ahhh, the DR where anyone can be a snob. I mean, seriously, I wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with a chiropractor here in the states.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Look....I didn't say it is impossible for a gringa or a gringo to meet a respectable Dominican. I just stated what my Dominican friends conveyed to me. They are not interested in a gringa for fear of what their family and friends would think of them.

You don't have to be a sankie to be a man that cheats and abuses his wife now do ya? Can't answer this question because it doesn't make any sense.
I believe that any man that abuses his wife or girlfriend is a piece of garbage.

Over and over and over again...it's amazing!

See, I am not American; I am from Eastern Europe and live in the US. I don't travel to AI unless I am with my family. I don't talk to guys who hit on me when I am on vacation. It is not acceptable for me to do so. My parents would probably kill me if they noticed something like that. I only know Dominicans who live in the US already. Their culture, perception and attitude are so similar to where I was born. This is where my interest is coming from - I would like to learn about real Dominican people and their culture. Sankies have nothing to do with it. I just don't want to be confused who I am talking to if I talk to a Dominican in the US or DR - a normal Dominican or a prostitute.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Foreseeable

... I just don't want to be confused who I am talking to if I talk to a Dominican in the US or DR - a normal Dominican or a prostitute.

How could you?
Life teaches who is who.

Unless it's a teenager who falls prey for the soft soapers I cannot see anything regrettable in that sex trade.
Everything goes its Caribbean way....

m'frog