Do you love my citizenship or my money

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My trip in a few days .....

I want to travel to a few places that I have'nt been to and improve my photography skills.

Speaking of photography, I highly recommend the photo exhibition on display for general public in the monument's entrance (on the fence of theatro). This is an exhibition of dominican photographers, pictures of dominican republic. Its a vibrant, colorfull display of dominican daily life captured in bright colors.
AZB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Speaking of photography, I highly recommend the photo exhibition on display for general public in the monument's entrance (on the fence of theatro). This is an exhibition of dominican photographers, pictures of dominican republic. Its a vibrant, colorfull display of dominican daily life captured in bright colors.
AZB

How long will this display be up? I was fortunate enough to catch the one in the capital at the park near the entrance to Calle El Conde and really enjoyed it.
If it is still up by Thanksgiving next month then I will definitely catch it.

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
True story.

On my first trip to the Dominican Republic, the wife and I got friendly with another couple at the resort. The Female was a Canadian, while the male was a Dominican. They were in love, and spent all their time together.

This female had met the local on a previous vacation, and their relationship blossomed from there. To the point where she came down two more times while the paperwork for his immigration to Canada went through.

The paperwork fell through - he was not accepted. Never heard from her again after "the breakup" that immediately followed.

Read into it what you want.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Fell through for who????

True story.

On my first trip to the Dominican Republic, the wife and I got friendly with another couple at the resort. The Female was a Canadian, while the male was a Dominican. They were in love, and spent all their time together.

This female had met the local on a previous vacation, and their relationship blossomed from there. To the point where she came down two more times while the paperwork for his immigration to Canada went through.

The paperwork fell through - he was not accepted. Never heard from her again after "the breakup" that immediately followed.

Read into it what you want.

Well, I read into it. Who do you think it fell through for??? The Dominican resort worker doesn't give a daggone because he was probably working on another half dozen others. I know I know, come to his aid all of you sankie lovers. Oh no he wasn't like that....... He...... he...............he.... was soooooooooooooo different.

*sigh*

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Well, I read into it. Who do you think it fell through for??? The Dominican resort worker doesn't give a daggone because he was probably working on another half dozen others. I know I know, come to his aid all of you sankie lovers. Oh no he wasn't like that....... He...... he...............he.... was soooooooooooooo different.
*sigh*

Everyone knew she was being played but her. Even before I knew what a sankie was - it was that obvious that's what was happening.

***No names have been released to protect the identity of this person. She has posted on these forums, and has stated exactly what you said.***

It's a shame she wrote off all her Dominican Republic ties, (including "friends" like me who she met down there) as she really is a nice person.

I don't know about 1/2 a dozen others, but the wife and I saw this guy 6 months later on our last trip. He seemed a bit guilty, as he just happened to be very friendly and close to some other tourist at the time. It was a somewhat uncomfortable meeting... hahah

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Understood

Everyone knew she was being played but her. Even before I knew what a sankie was - it was that obvious that's what was happening.

***No names have been released to protect the identity of this person. She has posted on these forums, and has stated exactly what you said.***

It's a shame she wrote off all her Dominican Republic ties, (including "friends" like me who she met down there) as she really is a nice person.

I don't know about 1/2 a dozen others, but the wife and I saw this guy 6 months later on our last trip. He seemed a bit guilty, as he just happened to be very friendly and close to some other tourist at the time. It was a somewhat uncomfortable meeting... hahah

LOL, these guys know what they are doing. They are smarter then people give them credit for. Instead of gathering knowledge about healing people and making legitimate business they choose this "game of charades". Ultimately, it IS the woman's fault for allowing this to happen in the first place. These guys (and we are talking about sankies and not all resort wokers) choose these jobs because of the opportunity to find gringa tourists. It has been practiced ever since tourists have been coming to a resort all over the world (not just here).The sankie is just exactly what he is and always will be...a sankie. Don't blame the spider because the fly flew into his web. It only compounds just how ignorant this woman is to "write off" the entire island because of what happened to her. So what, it happened? Now, move on now that she knows all about this. She shouldn't cast away the entire island because of what some sankie did to her.

GrassHutt

Oct 25, 2006
reading this forum topic makes me sad :cry: i feel that some readers might think all workers are this way and might mistreat the workers with direguard or just plain ignore them or be cruel .....i find the workers or all dominicans for that fact to be the most loveing and interesting people i have ever met i have been to the dominican republic a few times and i can honestly say i HAVE NEVER come across a dominican who has ever upset me or asked me for anything other than my hand in friendship ...... just fyi ....GrassHutt

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Everything Goes Its Caribbean Way

... and might mistreat the workers with direguard or just plain ignore them or be cruel ... i HAVE NEVER come across a dominican who has ever upset me or asked me for anything other than my hand in friendship ...

1. Resort workers are a very specific group of workers.
As they work in tourism their behaviour has been conditioned by the tourists' way of acting and manners.
Tourists normally DO NOT treat hotel staff badly.
(On the contrary, females even sometimes think, that they are godlike creatures.... :) )
Please ask them who does.
You may be surprised to hear the answer.

2. Dominican hotel workers are not 'bad people' and by virtue of their job description would not upset clients.
If they try and succeed in gaining advantage from someone
.... well, that's life.
How do the 'paradise dreamers' comment?
'That happens everywhere...'

Anyway, in most cases those involved only get what they deserve.... :bunny: .

m'frog

BTW, welcome to the board.