Dominican American

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
I find the original post a little confusing, but for what it's worth to the commenters, my Dominican wife and I lived in PR for years, before moving back to the DR. Puerto Ricans of lesser eduction/"quality" exhibited racism toward Dominicans in PR much worse than I ever saw growing up in the American South in the 1950s. And I've seen many PR tourists to the DR treat Dominicans with supercilious pretense.

Of course many Dominicans lord it over Haitians in the same manner. So goes the pecking order.

Dec 26, 2011
I find the original post a little confusing, but for what it's worth to the commenters, my Dominican wife and I lived in PR for years, before moving back to the DR. Puerto Ricans of lesser eduction/"quality" exhibited racism toward Dominicans in PR much worse than I ever saw growing up in the American South in the 1950s. And I've seen many PR tourists to the DR treat Dominicans with supercilious pretense.

Of course many Dominicans lord it over Haitians in the same manner. So goes the pecking order.

This is what I've seen. The Boricua(the one pelaut describes) feels a certain superiority over the Dominican simply because they're born into American citizenship.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I'm telling you.

Dominican women love me and Bronxboy when we visit...no es verdad, BB? ;););)

That is correct and it has nothing to do with money AnnaC (but a little does help) hahahahahahahaha

They love that Latin charm!!!!!:p:p:p:p

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Some do and some do not. Some Dominicans hate Puerto Ricans and some of us hate Dominicans. Many Puerto Ricans are like me and are obsessed with Dominicans and their women and culture. There is a friction between the two islands but it varies with the individuals who give their opinion. I have some Puerto Rican friends who swear that all Dominicans are scum and low life's that can't be trusted while other ones are like me and are obsessed and love them and their island and women. To me, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and African Americans are all very similar and I like them all.

It kills me how you try to sound so educated and write nonsense like this. All of your threads about Dominican women I would have NEVER thought you were a Nuyorican. No Puerto Rican on this planet HATE any group, HATE is a STRONG word, DISLIKE is a better word but not HATE.

The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one. I like Dominican food, but I prefer Puerto Rican much tastier. GB7 have you ever spent time on the island of Puerto Rico? Most if not ALL Puerto Ricans LOVE Puerto Rico and it is 2nd II NONE. The people, music, food, dancing, drinks, etc the list is too long to write. Ponce is one of my favorite cities in the world even though there is not much of a nightlife it is still the best city.

Puerto Ricans that choose DR over PR is their RIGHT I can careless, but do not try to incinuate that the DR culture is better or bigger then PR. You like Dominican women fine keep your A$$ over there. Puerto Rican women DON'T have time for some DAMN Gringobachata7 anyway.

BTW GB7 ask any of the SUPER SANKIES in DR would they ever attempt to run that SH*T on a group of Boricuas visiting from PR. Dominicans know who to run their SH*T on and who to avoid, and Puerto Ricans are people you avoid if you are on some BULLSH*T.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It kills me how you try to sound so educated and write nonsense like this. All of your threads about Dominican women I would have NEVER thought you were a Nuyorican. No Puerto Rican on this planet HATE any group, HATE is a STRONG word, DISLIKE is a better word but not HATE.

The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one. I like Dominican food, but I prefer Puerto Rican much tastier. GB7 have you ever spent time on the island of Puerto Rico? Most if not ALL Puerto Ricans LOVE Puerto Rico and it is 2nd II NONE. The people, music, food, dancing, drinks, etc the list is too long to write. Ponce is one of my favorite cities in the world even though there is not much of a nightlife it is still the best city.

Puerto Ricans that choose DR over PR is their RIGHT I can careless, but do not try to incinuate that the DR culture is better or bigger then PR. You like Dominican women fine keep your A$$ over there. Puerto Rican women DON'T have time for some DAMN Gringobachata7 anyway.

BTW GB7 ask any of the SUPER SANKIES in DR would they ever attempt to run that SH*T on a group of Boricuas visiting from PR. Dominicans know who to run their SH*T on and who to avoid, and Puerto Ricans are people you avoid if you are on some BULLSH*T.

Right on!!!! BTW, I am from PR.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one.

What PR culture is Bacardi. The Bacardi family escaped Castro's Cuba to the US but keep Spanish passports.
With the exception of the San Juan Bacardi pilot plant for tourists, Bacardi is made in Freeport, Bahamas, from molasses tankered up from Ghana. The Brugals came from Cuba a long, long time ago, but at least it's all made here for now.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
What PR culture is Bacardi. The Bacardi family escaped Castro's Cuba to the US but keep Spanish passports.
With the exception of the San Juan Bacardi pilot plant for tourists, Bacardi is made in Freeport, Bahamas, from molasses tankered up from Ghana. The Brugals came from Cuba a long, long time ago, but at least it's all made here for now.
What is your point? Where else is Brugal going to made? Pepsi, Frito Lay, Haagen Dazs have plants all over the world. What is your point?

BTW Can you buy an Italian Beef sandwich anywhere in Italy, once again what is your point?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one. I like Dominican food, but I prefer Puerto Rican much tastier. GB7 have you ever spent time on the island of Puerto Rico? Most if not ALL Puerto Ricans LOVE Puerto Rico and it is 2nd II NONE.

This is definitely the Boricua spirit I'm familiar with. 'PR is the largest and most important of the seven continents.' :)

I get a kick out of it.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
This is definitely the Boricua spirit I'm familiar with. 'PR is the largest and most important of the seven continents.' :)

I get a kick out of it.

Almost all of my family is here in the states but I spent time there when I was very young for the summers when I was visiting family. I am not going to lie, I was pretty much born and raised in the states. Most Puerto Ricans have that second to none attitude but some are rebelious and go their own ways. It is something cultural.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Still trying to figure this one out. The fare is pretty similar.

My favorite dish in the world is "arroz con pollo" and I have had it an many places Panama, Costa Rica, DR and it just does not taste the same as it does in Puerto Rico the same with Mofongo I like it MUCH better in PR. Do you think "arroz con gandules" taste the same way in DR then PR? I know what you are saying, but there is a MAJOR difference between the two.

BTW Have you ever tasted a "Jibarito" it similar to a cuban sandwich, but much better IMHO. Dominican food is very good I really enjoy, but can someone tell me what is up with the SALAMI.

Last edited:

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
What is your point? Where else is Brugal going to made? Pepsi, Frito Lay, Haagen Dazs have plants all over the world. What is your point?

The point is that you used Bacardi as an exemplar of PR "culture", and it is not.
A parallel point for the DR would be Brugal, and it is part of DR culture.
The "for now" reference was to be sure the point was complete, as Brugal has sold a huge piece of the rum business to Hamilton (I think), the British firm that owns just about all the scotch in the world and lots more spirits.
I rarely write on this forum without a point, and I always make it.

Dec 26, 2011
the same with Mofongo I like it MUCH better in <acronym title="Page Ranking" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">PR</acronym>

It's been too long since I've had a good mofongo. It's always hard to decide between de chicharron or de camaron.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Puerto Rican gazpacho: a white cold soup with avocado and bacalao rivals even Gallego gazpacho.
Puerto Rican Christmas special of bacalaoitos (hushpuppies or conch fritters with codfish instead) are the best in the Caribbean.

Dec 26, 2011
Puerto Rican gazpacho: a white cold soup with avocado and bacalao rivals even Gallego gazpacho.
Puerto Rican Christmas special of bacalaoitos (hushpuppies or conch fritters with codfish instead) are the best in the Caribbean.

Bacalaoitos are wonderful. Especially when made with love.

But this white gazpacho I've never heard of. Sounds delicious. Thanks!